Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Noel Gallagher on the Jade coverage

Noel Gallagher on the Jade coverage

Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Noel Gallagher on the Jade coverage

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/musi...6&imageindex=8

Noel always tels it how it is.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Re: Noel Gallagher on the Jade coverage

I like Noel and, as you said, he always says it as it is, which is refreshing in Britain at the moment. I understand where he's coming from, about the whole celebrity thing being the main news these days but I also totally understand why Jade is courting the media like this. She wants to milk it for all it's worth while she's still here to make sure her 2 boys are left financially stable when she's gone. She's no rocket scientist so this is the only way she is ever going to make any money, so fair do's in my opinion.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
I like Noel and, as you said, he always says it as it is, which is refreshing in Britain at the moment. I understand where he's coming from, about the whole celebrity thing being the main news these days but I also totally understand why Jade is courting the media like this. She wants to milk it for all it's worth while she's still here to make sure her 2 boys are left financially stable when she's gone. She's no rocket scientist so this is the only way she is ever going to make any money, so fair do's in my opinion.
yeah i agree, and i dont think he is making a crack at her it is the fact people are camped outside her door, journalists etc, its quite sick. I like the Australians general indifference to famous people. Over the last few years I played in an acoustic duo at the telstra dome in medallian club on a friday night often youd have film stars singers etc in their and they are left alone, most Aussies didnt care (appreciate kids are different) but the whole circus around celebrity news in the UK is much higher than i remember when i left in 99. Winehouse, anyone in big brother, footballers and fallen stars, they LOVE them, like kerry Catona who was in atomic kitten. What jade did for her kids is her business, in her position i'd do the same, but that was a commercial agreement mediated by that buffoon max clifford, pr to the chav stars around her wedding. This is different and as Noel says, there is a global crises going on, and its hardly a cheery distraction
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

It is true what he says but also nice that he is not slagging Jade off just the media coverage.I can understand why she is taking the money I just don't understand why the media is paying her so much.Sue.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it because they are having it so tough in the UK at the moment they are following stories like poor Jade's !
To show them that other people out there are going through a lot worse than just financial problems !

Just a thought, as i know some of my very close family are going through tough times at the moment , but still feel very compassionate to this poor girl and her family.

Nicky
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
It is true what he says but also nice that he is not slagging Jade off just the media coverage.I can understand why she is taking the money I just don't understand why the media is paying her so much.Sue.
As long as she continues to survive, it's a heart warming story whilst all the shit is going on around the world. Should the papers be full of this factory closing, or that business folding, or how many houses are being repossessed? The media are very much celebrity obsessed and this is an 'easy' story.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:12 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Noel's got a darn good point about the media. Headline today I saw was: "Jade has a quiet day with family" - hardly worthy of a newsflash is it? I think the media have to realise that their coverage of most things they consider sensational are just getting ridiculous.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
Noel's got a darn good point about the media. Headline today I saw was: "Jade has a quiet day with family" - hardly worthy of a newsflash is it? I think the media have to realise that their coverage of most things they consider sensational are just getting ridiculous.
Exactly. If she hangs about much longer they'll be snookered. They'll be after a quick conclusion to this one; poor Jade slipping this mortal coil, or, after a last chance visit to Lourdes, a miraculous recovery. Not sure which they'd prefer.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:44 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

The good thing about living in OZ no one or most people don't know who Jade Goody is.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently she is 'bursting with pride' as the Government is now looking into reducing the age for cervical screening to 20 year olds +, and it's largely due to her publicity. There's nothing quite like a massive public interest in a subject to stir the government into action. This is such a horrific situation, but if some good can come of it, then it is justified. However, I understand that even Max Clifford (her publicist) has advised her to now call it a day on the publicity.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
The good thing about living in OZ no one or most people don't know who Jade Goody is.
So why is she all over the papers here as well then?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:39 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone hated her, but now she's dying everyone has suddenly fallen in love with her. Its quite retarded really .

http://isjadegoodydeadyet.com/
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:40 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Everyone hated her, but now she's dying everyone has suddenly fallen in love with her. Its quite retarded really .

http://isjadegoodydeadyet.com/
OOOOOh you.....
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
OOOOOh you.....
Hello
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:43 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hello
Well hello to you too.

I do agree with you, you know. The tabloid press have certainly changed their tune quickly and without a hint of shame.

You still coming over....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.