Reload this Page >

no one mention the Ashes

no one mention the Ashes

Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:21 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: no one mention the Ashes

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Let the excuses flow

How long do you reckon it'll take the English press to come up with a reason why they can claim a moral victory
Now you know the British Press will slate the team and rightly so.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:25 pm

Let the excuses flow
Or they can pretend it never happened just like the Aussie media and fans did last year. As told to me by several Australian work colleagues.

Good job it's only a game.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:52 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

When Freddie was making his speech and talking about Warne McGrath and Langer he should have said..............Thankyou for retiring, Its going to make our job a little bit easier next time.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:09 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

There`s a cricket quiz on at the moment at http://www.therealaustralia.com/

You can win a Hol to WA, but competition not open to the UK.

In response to the question "Who currently holds the Ashes?" I answered Australia..........Apparently the right answer is England

It needs updating methinks!

My best score so far about 12,700,000)
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Now you know the British Press will slate the team and rightly so.
Yep they'll do that too.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Or they can pretend it never happened just like the Aussie media and fans did last year. As told to me by several Australian work colleagues.

Good job it's only a game.
I guess this depends on your Aussie media. The media down here gave the team a right going over last time (and we didn't get namby pamby excuses about the weather, etc. being the reason they lost). However I'll admit that after a couple of weeks they moved on, instead of banging on about it again and again and again.

Maybe the press up your way has too many hoon stories to cover and not enough space for the cricket

PS: the spell checker tried to change "namby pamby" to "namby pommie". LOL
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I guess this depends on your Aussie media. The media down here gave the team a right going over last time (and we didn't get namby pamby excuses about the weather, etc. being the reason they lost). However I'll admit that after a couple of weeks they moved on, instead of banging on about it again and again and again.

Maybe the press up your way has too many hoon stories to cover and not enough space for the cricket
It was quite a noticeable difference from last time - the press which did slate the Aussies last time, but I'm talking about the difference among people's reactions. I work in the same place as when England took the Ashes, and then there was a complete lack of interest once it became clear England were on top. Noone would talk cricket, no radios, no internet follwing it. This time nearly every senior manager brought a TV in and stuck it in their office, internet screens showed the progress, radios were on by people's desks, and at the conclusion yesterday the Reception area (which has a good TV) was full of people either watching or wandering in every so often to check the progress of the game. People kept trying to take the mickey out of me (and failing when they realised I wasn't supporting England) - totally different to last time when the word "cricket" wasn't heard for weeks.

PS: the spell checker tried to change "namby pamby" to "namby pommie". LOL

LOL
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:53 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And Shane got his 1000th international wicket
Tosser
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
Tosser
He doesn't toss any more than he chucks. He finds spinning the ball produces better results than just tossing it
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:59 am
Account Closed

It was quite a noticeable difference from last time - the press which did slate the Aussies last time, but I'm talking about the difference among people's reactions. I work in the same place as when England took the Ashes, and then there was a complete lack of interest once it became clear England were on top. Noone would talk cricket, no radios, no internet follwing it. This time nearly every senior manager brought a TV in and stuck it in their office, internet screens showed the progress, radios were on by people's desks, and at the conclusion yesterday the Reception area (which has a good TV) was full of people either watching or wandering in every so often to check the progress of the game. People kept trying to take the mickey out of me (and failing when they realised I wasn't supporting England) - totally different to last time when the word "cricket" wasn't heard for weeks.

LOL
I experienced the opposite. Last time as the matches were close, people seemed to be more interested in it. This time, the people (around me) seem to have lost interest after the 3rd test with a slight blip of interest yesterday.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jan 6th 2007 at 1:02 am.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 1:00 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

He doesn't toss any more than he chucks. He finds spinning the ball produces better results than just tossing it
ooher mrs
Old Jan 6th 2007, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
18 County teams still gives places for over 200 full time professionals to pick from; 6 states gives 70 or 80. Actually the Australian team of recent decades has been Warnie plus NSW, WA and Q'l so they're picking from less than 40!

Still RWC Champions basically because it hasn't been played again since you won it so luckily (last gasp kick from Wilko). Memory tells me that England have lost 8 of their last 9 RU internationals (almost like the cricket), some World Champions! Rugby, like cricket, hasn't learned to absorb success and continue it rather than dwell on it and glorify it.
England were deserved winners of the RWC and the best team in 2003 and it came down to a kick which was not just wilki - he could not have kicked it if wasn't for the likes of Dawson and Johnson getting the pack into position for the pass out.

Now England are crap and deserve to lose it. There's no point in crowing about being title holders - most other title holder nations continued to defend and play like champions.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Now England are crap and deserve to lose it. There's no point in crowing about being title holders - most other title holder nations continued to defend and play like champions.
Watch out for Ireland and New Zealand in October.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 1:41 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
The forum seems to have gone quite on the topic of Cricket recently, no one has mentioned anything about the Ashes, l wonder why?
why what happened ..... did I miss something
Old Jan 6th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Runnymede has a spectacular aura aboutRunnymede has a spectacular aura aboutRunnymede has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
The forum seems to have gone quite on the topic of Cricket recently, no one has mentioned anything about the Ashes, l wonder why?
Reason being, the Aussies are mentioning it enough for both countries.

RM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.