Night or Day flight...

Night or Day flight...

Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:03 am
skye

Default Night or Day flight...

Which is best?

Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:05 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Night or Day flight...

Night, if you can sleep on the plane.

But a flight from the UK to Oz is 24 hours so some of it is going to night/day anyway

Originally Posted by skye
Which is best?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by skye
Which is best?
Doesn't really matter you will experience both on your way here
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Doesn't really matter you will experience both on your way here
I like day so I can look out of the window. However a lot of airlines make you shut the blinds and pretend it's night time even though it's light outside. I think so the cabin crew can have a break.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Our flight , London-Singapore-Perth was at 22.15. 12 hours to Singapore was fantastic because my DD slept most of the way. We kept her active for the 6 hours we were in Singapore then she slept for another couple of hours of the last flight I don't think for a minute she would of done this had we had a day flight.
However, we arrived in Perth 06.15 local time, so sleep patterns were all over the place & we suffered quite badly with jetlag for a week.
If you have kids & don't mind them being awake for the flight then imo arriving at destination on the evening would help you adjust to times/sleep paterns better.

Clear as mud?

Leigh
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I try and work back from my arrival time. For example, if I am due in Sydney by bed time, I try and stay away for the whole flight, that way I know I'll sleep when I get there. Opposite if we are getting there during the day.

Can't say it helps with the jetlag though... still wide awake, full of beans at 3am.