Nick Kyrgios

Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios

I have no control over what comments others make. All I can comment on is what I saw in the game, excellent batting, bowling and fielding.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I have no control over what comments others make. All I can comment on is what I saw in the game, excellent batting, bowling and fielding.
But you didn't see excellent batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy and coaching in the Ashes? Hmmm.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 4:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
But you didn't see excellent batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy and coaching in the Ashes? Hmmm.
I said after the Ashes that we were outplayed, you can twist that however you like. Regardless of that England have played wonderful cricket in the last 2 tests, like it or not
Old Aug 13th 2014, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting quote from Dead Vim on 16/1/14:

"I am no great educated fan of the game but I am really enjoying watching Nick Kyrgios playing tennis right now .... It's what sport is all about, I think he'll be huge."
Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

"I am no great educated fan of the game but I am really enjoying watching Nick Kyrgios playing tennis right now .... It's what sport is all about, I think he'll be huge."
Would that be Dead Vim the world famous tennis expert? Tennis is one of those sports that when you are young and have no expectations or pressure on you can open your shoulders and just go for your shots. I don't think anyone on here has not said the boys a talent, but so many have been exactly where Nick is now but have not gone on to become greats of the game but just decent pro's.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:41 pm
Banned

And you quoted this why exactly? I have seen so many Aussie 'next big things' come and go over the years and few actually live up to the overhyped expectations.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by papilon
Would that be Dead Vim the world famous tennis expert? Tennis is one of those sports that when you are young and have no expectations or pressure on you can open your shoulders and just go for your shots. I don't think anyone on here has not said the boys a talent, but so many have been exactly where Nick is now but have not gone on to become greats of the game but just decent pro's.
My thoughts exactly, some bloke on a forum who admits to being 'no great educated fan of the game' reckons he will be huge and we should just accept it as inevitable. Of course the bloke has talent but its impossible to say where he will end up, surely that makes sense?
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My thoughts exactly, some bloke on a forum who admits to being 'no great educated fan of the game' reckons he will be huge and we should just accept it as inevitable. Of course the bloke has talent but its impossible to say where he will end up, surely that makes sense?
Well I actually posted it for DV's timing - during the Australian Open in January. He subsequently knocked off the world 1, 9 and 30 in 2 tournaments and is already into the 50's.

We don't need Dead Vim to confirm his potential. From Nadal to Federer to Murray to past champions like Wilander, Laver, McEnroe*, Becker etc, etc they all PREDICT he will be top 10.

* “We’re watching a young boy turn into a man,” observed John McEnroe. “We have a new star on our hands in the tennis world.” As ever, he was not wrong.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:36 pm
Banned

You really seem to be missing the point of what people are saying, he may well be top 10 material in the future just as so many before him and he may well be a potential No1 as you said but none of us know, it is all guesswork. I have heard all those players you mentioned waxing lyrical about numerous young players over the years.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You really seem to be missing the point of what people are saying, he may well be top 10 material in the future just as so many before him and he may well be a potential No1 as you said but none of us know, it is all guesswork. I have heard all those players you mentioned waxing lyrical about numerous young players over the years.
Why should I take any notice what you non tennis players and non afficionados think or say? I think because he's Australian you are trying to make some point again and again.

They said the same about others yes - Dimitrov and Raonic to cite 2, they are 3 or 4 years older and they've made it to the top 10 in the last year and didn't reach the 50's like Kyrgios as a teen and didn't beat the world number 1 as a teen and didn't win as many junior slams.

I've had a lifetime in the game and played and coached to international level so I'd like to think I can spot a player who is going to make it. I hit with Murray when he was early teens and predicted the top for him fwiw.

Incidentally, please name a young player who had been so universally touted for the top of the game who didn't make it?

(anticipates the usual one or two emoticon reply)
Old Aug 14th 2014, 3:40 am
Banned

Old Aug 25th 2014, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

1st round US Open today; Kyrgios got tough draw against world #21 Mikhail Youzhny; he won in 4 sets. He will enter the world's top 50 even if he loses in the 2nd round, will go into 30's and better if he follows it up with further wins because so many ranking points are at stake in Slams.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

1st round US Open today; Kyrgios got tough draw against world #21 Mikhail Youzhny; he won in 4 sets. He will enter the world's top 50 even if he loses in the 2nd round, will go into 30's and better if he follows it up with further wins because so many ranking points are at stake in Slams.
He must be doing okay, he's doing those stupid Bonds undies ads with Pat Rafter.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
He must be doing okay, he's doing those stupid Bonds undies ads with Pat Rafter.
So that's how you know when you've arrived as a tennis player?

Pat is one of the finest people you could ever hope to meet, off court he's exactly like he appears/appeared on court. 'Sorry mate'.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

So that's how you know when you've arrived as a tennis player?

Pat is one of the finest people you could ever hope to meet, off court he's exactly like he appears/appeared on court. 'Sorry mate'.
I think they both seem totally likeable - I actually love Pat's stupid bonds ads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.