Wikiposts

Newbies \o/

Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:22 am
Just Joined

ware01uk will become famous soon enoughware01uk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbies \o/

we are having a meet in March on the 25th in Bristol if you fancy it?

Thanks

What time, where and what does it involve???
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:39 am
highwayman59

Highwayman59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Newbies \o/

Hi all,
we are newbies (colin, Barbara & Dafydd) currently living in Dunedin NZ we moved here from Devon Oct 2005 and want out...We are looking at a move across the ditch and we need as much info as we can get.
I am a Civil Engineer (47 yrs old) and I have seen a number of vacancies offering salaries between $54 - 59K not knowing what the cost of living is in OZ I am curious to know if that is a reasonable amount that a family of three could live on. Hopefully my 20 yr old son would get a visa that would allow him to work NZ immigration only gave him a visitors visa and he has not been allowed to work although he really wants to. My wife would look for some part time work. Looking at the moment at Queensland or NSW any help or advice gratefully received.....

Old Feb 15th 2007, 10:33 am
Essex to Oz

Niccizoy is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be going on a 136 visa. Just trying to sort an agent now, i think we are going with 1st Contact, dont know if anyones used them or heard of them?

im just constantly lol
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:23 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi, we are with 1st contact and so far they seem to be great, our agent has regular contact with us and has helped us so much preparing for the TRA all at no extra cost hope this helps
kate
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sunny somers
hi nicci and steve, phil and steph we too are newbies, we are mark and kate, have two boys jack 6 and scott 1. we are just getting together our tra package at the mo mark is air conditioning installer, we have been thinking about this for soooo long and now i can't wait. we are thinking of going to brisbane nothing set in stone yet. look forward to getting to know you all
Hello Mark and Kate, Myself and Steph are wanting to stop off in Perth,My brother has joined the Aus Army and will be based in Darwin,i know old Army friends living in Brisbane.Steph and i have an appointment with a consultant on Monday,the consultant mentioned that he can get me employment in Bunbury,so things are going ok at the moment,give us a shout if you need help.Regards Phil & Steph.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:13 am
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi phil and steph will do that's very kind of you, good luck for monday let me know how you get on.
regards
kate n mark
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:18 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by Niccizoy
when im not mum to 4 girls aged 6, 6, 3 and 1.
I salute you!

I have two, 4 + 3, and that's more than enough to send me booking in for an early grave....
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:14 pm
Essex to Oz

ive always been a bit mad
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:04 pm
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Newbies \o/

Just my 'two penny worth' based on our experience in obtaining PR Visas back in 2002. You might want to try Parris & Shah in Sydney.(http://www.parrisandshah.com.au) We used them from here in UK and they were really on the ball. The process took a little time (18 months.), but I think that was because we wanted to reside in Sydney.

IMHO an agent based in Australia will be more successful in getting what you need. These guys have the bottom line on all the legal issues and present your application with a full legal argument as to why you qualify, provided you meet the criteria to start with of course. (They'll tell you that before progressing.)

I'm not sure how they compare cost-wise, but they are worth the money......and no, we're not on commission !! Just happy to recommend a good agent in what can be a very fraught and expensive process.

Best of luck and hope it all works out.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:19 am
Essex to Oz

Thanks for your advice i will give them a look