Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Newbie after advice from Sydney Experts!

Newbie after advice from Sydney Experts!

Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice
Default Newbie after advice from Sydney Experts!

Hi all,

First post, so apologies if I am asking some dumb stuff!

My wife and I are hopefully close to securing jobs in Sydney, which should provide income of around $100k, which we hope will be enough to survive on???

Having only visited Sydney on holidays we have little knowledge of the suburbs and would welcome any advice on areas to start searching for rentals. Our wish list is...

2 bed house, close to areas for dog walking,
Preferably quiet area to suit two late 30 somethings!
Within about 45 minute commute of Sydney CBD,
Up to $650 pw?
Within 10-15 minute walk of local amenities such as food shopping etc.
No children so schooling not a factor,

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Thanks

J
Old Aug 25th 2008, 6:36 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie after advice from Sydney Experts!

Where in Sydney is the job likely to be? It is a big place and public transport isnt that great.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice

Good point, I should have thought of that! Office is in Pyrmont.

Thanks J
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:08 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

In that case you will be spoilt for choice. Although 2 bed house wil probably be at your limit if not a little more. Pyrmont is on the light railway service which is good as you could try all suburbs on that route. I have a friend who lives in Annandale and it is very nice there.
You might want to consider an apartment. We lived in one and we have a small dog too. There are plenty of parks all over the place.

To be honest transport wouldnt be much of a problem if you decided to stay pretty central as Pyrmont is very much in the thick of things.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Pyrmont has lots to choose from for that budget. If you prefer a little more peace and quiet, check out the inner west suburbs already mentioned (Annandale, Glebe etc) or even a little further back across the bridges- Gladesville, Hunters Hill, Drummoyne. You shouldn't have any issues renting.