Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New job decision is in!

Wikiposts

New job decision is in!

Old May 26th 2008, 11:45 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New job decision is in!

Congratulations!!

J x
Old May 26th 2008, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

FANTASTIC NEWS PAUL! So pleased to read this thread. It just goes to show that perseverance can pay off.

When do you start in the job?
Old May 26th 2008, 11:49 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Paul that's fantastic news at last you have what you wanted

now just a suggestion but why don't you contact the boss and ask if he has any text books you can borrow to start reading up on what you have to learn whilst working your notice
Old May 27th 2008, 12:03 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I don't need to go into the army anymore as I GOT THE JOB! ... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Communications Engineer Trainee!

My day went very well and at the end of it I was took to the owner of the company to 'talk business'.

Not only did I get the job, the company have matched my current earnings ($10k more than spoke of at interview) ...

Soooo, decent job with REAL prospects, decent pay to start with, company car, phone allowance, laptop and all tools provided, and what at first glance seems like a decent bunch of fellow employee's ...

The ONLY prob I guess is the pressure is on! They originally was after a school leaver to train up, and me being 'mature' they're happy to pay me more than the crap wage they'd pay a teen, but in turn I HAVE to perform and pick it all up in 3 - 6 months, normally they'd give a year!

I have to do a Telstra course asap so I can legally play about with their wiring, and will have HEAPS of homework to get up to scratch, but I've craved a technical job for a long time so will be happy to throw 100% at it fa sure! ... this IS my chance!!!

If all goes well in a year or so I could be earning an above average wage, and have VERY good job prospects! ...

CAN LIFE GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS???

For now it can't! ... I am ecstatic! ...

Good on yah!

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 27th 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need to go into the army anymore as I GOT THE JOB! ... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My day went very well and at the end of it I was took to the owner of the company to 'talk business'.

Not only did I get the job, the company have matched my current earnings ($10k more than spoke of at interview) ...

Soooo, decent job with REAL prospects, decent pay to start with, company car, phone allowance, laptop and all tools provided, and what at first glance seems like a decent bunch of fellow employee's ...

The ONLY prob I guess is the pressure is on! They originally was after a school leaver to train up, and me being 'mature' they're happy to pay me more than the crap wage they'd pay a teen, but in turn I HAVE to perform and pick it all up in 3 - 6 months, normally they'd give a year!

I have to do a Telstra course asap so I can legally play about with their wiring, and will have HEAPS of homework to get up to scratch, but I've craved a technical job for a long time so will be happy to throw 100% at it fa sure! ... this IS my chance!!!

If all goes well in a year or so I could be earning an above average wage, and have VERY good job prospects! ...

Congratulations!

This is fantastic news, well done Paul Have a drink on me!
Old May 27th 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, you had better drink this instead! Much better
Attached Thumbnails New job decision is in!-champers.jpg  
Old May 27th 2008, 9:24 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Dead chuffed for ya mate.Well done x
Old May 27th 2008, 11:24 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guy's (and gal's) ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
When do you start in the job?
ASAP, but I think I have to give 2 weeks notice with current employer. I'm off work at the mo with my broken toe, but will be back on Friday so will give them notice then.

Originally Posted by asher
now just a suggestion but why don't you contact the boss and ask if he has any text books you can borrow to start reading up on what you have to learn whilst working your notice
Yeah already been mentioned. They've got some DVD's and books they want me to swat up with so will be getting them any day.

Still bloody chuffed! ...
Old May 27th 2008, 11:50 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guy's (and gal's) ...

ASAP, but I think I have to give 2 weeks notice with current employer. I'm off work at the mo with my broken toe, but will be back on Friday so will give them notice then.

Yeah already been mentioned. They've got some DVD's and books they want me to swat up with so will be getting them any day.

Still bloody chuffed! ... http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...iscodance2.gif
I would be chuffed too mate it's about time your family had some breaks,glad you didnt have to go in the army

good idea to start swotting now if he wants you to pick it up asap
Old May 27th 2008, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Paul that's fantastic news

really really pleased for you Well done
Old May 27th 2008, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asher
glad you didnt have to go in the army http://bestsmileys.com/army/5.gif

good idea to start swotting now if he wants you to pick it up asaphttp://bestsmileys.com/reading/3.gif
Yeah must admit the thought of Darwin didn't appeal too much really, but if this break didn't come then I think the army was still fav!

Yeah gonna see about picking up these books and DVD's asap.

Originally Posted by curly
Paul that's fantastic news

really really pleased for you Well done
Thanks matey ...
Old May 27th 2008, 12:17 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Paul, Im dead chuffed for ya xxx
Old May 27th 2008, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
Well done Paul, Im dead chuffed for ya xxx
Thanks matey! ...
Old May 27th 2008, 1:04 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I've only just seen this, takes soooooooooooooo long to load up BE on dial up, I've given up!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mate, I'm so so so so so soooooooooooooo pleased for you
Old May 27th 2008, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippy
OMG!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I've only just seen this, takes soooooooooooooo long to load up BE on dial up, I've given up!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mate, I'm so so so so so soooooooooooooo pleased for you
Ahhh thanks mate ...

Dial up! ...

what happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.