Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New job decision is in!

New job decision is in!

Old May 27th 2008, 9:00 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New job decision is in!

I don't need to go into the army anymore as I GOT THE JOB! ... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Communications Engineer Trainee!

My day went very well and at the end of it I was took to the owner of the company to 'talk business'.

Not only did I get the job, the company have matched my current earnings ($10k more than spoke of at interview) ...

Soooo, decent job with REAL prospects, decent pay to start with, company car, phone allowance, laptop and all tools provided, and what at first glance seems like a decent bunch of fellow employee's ...

The ONLY prob I guess is the pressure is on! They originally was after a school leaver to train up, and me being 'mature' they're happy to pay me more than the crap wage they'd pay a teen, but in turn I HAVE to perform and pick it all up in 3 - 6 months, normally they'd give a year!

I have to do a Telstra course asap so I can legally play about with their wiring, and will have HEAPS of homework to get up to scratch, but I've craved a technical job for a long time so will be happy to throw 100% at it fa sure! ... this IS my chance!!!

If all goes well in a year or so I could be earning an above average wage, and have VERY good job prospects! ...

CAN LIFE GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS???

For now it can't! ... I am ecstatic! ...
Old May 27th 2008, 9:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New job decision is in!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I don't need to go into the army anymore as I GOT THE JOB! ... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My day went very well and at the end of it I was took to the owner of the company to 'talk business'.

Not only did I get the job, the company have matched my current earnings ($10k more than spoke of at interview) ...

Soooo, decent job with REAL prospects, decent pay to start with, company car, phone allowance, laptop and all tools provided, and what at first glance seems like a decent bunch of fellow employee's ...

The ONLY prob I guess is the pressure is on! They originally was after a school leaver to train up, and me being 'mature' they're happy to pay me more than the crap wage they'd pay a teen, but in turn I HAVE to perform and pick it all up in 3 - 6 months, normally they'd give a year!

I have to do a Telstra course asap so I can legally play about with their wiring, and will have HEAPS of homework to get up to scratch, but I've craved a technical job for a long time so will be happy to throw 100% at it fa sure! ... this IS my chance!!!

If all goes well in a year or so I could be earning an above average wage, and have VERY good job prospects! ...

Well done. I hope it all works out for you.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Well done you!!!!! Bet your well chuffed.
Try and thou shalt succeed
Old May 27th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Fantastic news, well done, the study will be worth it,

My OH is currently doing CCNA (I think) trying to cram in a 2year course in 6-8months, so far he is doing realy well, he's a clever bloke (one of the 'geeky boys' and is already in IT, he is realy motivated by the fact that he will bemore employable with it in Oz

How long did it take you to get a job, did you have to do something else when you first arrived or ???

eve
Old May 27th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Well done

The army is tough at 18 let alone 38

The company car and fuel is worth well in excess of $15k on top of your wage.

Good luck
Old May 27th 2008, 9:24 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY!! At least things are turning round for you - about time too!!

Well done.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

congrats, nice 1
Old May 27th 2008, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Paul, you must have impressed the h3ll out of them.

When do you start?

M
Old May 27th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS bet your so pleased
Old May 27th 2008, 9:34 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, I'm made up for you.
Good luck with the studying, you'll be right
Old May 27th 2008, 9:43 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news mate now get yer arse off BE and do your homework,cause we will be checking up on ya
Old May 27th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

that's awesome news Paul Well done

I think it's probably fair to say you've earnt a bit of good luck eh

Sounds a great opportunity.,..
Old May 27th 2008, 9:47 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Get in there!!!!!
well done.

(you did the knowledge didnt ya? this will be no prob you'll pick it up in the time frame they gave)
Old May 27th 2008, 10:00 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, and yeah 'over the moon' REALLY is an understatement! ...

I've considered allsorts of recent inc regular trips back to blighty to get by, so this REALLY is my / our chance to stay put on The Gold Coast, which deep down is what we ALL really want ...

Originally Posted by eve209
How long did it take you to get a job, did you have to do something else when you first arrived or ???
Oh long story ...

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
When do you start?
ASAP. I have to dig out my current contract to see what the notice period is, but I think it's 2 weeks.

The sooner the better!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Thats great news mate now get yer arse off BE and do your homework,cause we will be checking up on ya
Not given any yet ...

Originally Posted by seang
(you did the knowledge didnt ya? this will be no prob you'll pick it up in the time frame they gave)
I did, but I knew London VERY well before I started so completed in under average time. This time I've wired a few phone extensions ... that's it! I've got heaps of phone programming to learn and allsorts, but as I say am eager as hell so will give my best shot! ...
Old May 27th 2008, 10:05 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I did, but I knew London VERY well before I started so completed in under average time. This time I've wired a few phone extensions ... that's it! I've got heaps of phone programming to learn and allsorts, but as I say am eager as hell so will give my best shot! ...
mate its the ability to look, learn and retain the information. Different area but same intellectual skills needed. Plus you'll be hungry for it thats a big plus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.