Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Car Lancer to Focus??

New Car Lancer to Focus??

Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default New Car Lancer to Focus??

Hey all

Just wondering what your opinions are on both of these.
Link for focus

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...01796&__Nne=15

Link for Lancer

Thanks in advance

Last edited by fairwayskid; Aug 30th 2011 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Car Lancer to Focus??

I have a Ford Laser - which was re-introduced/rebranded as a Ford Focus. I love my car

Last edited by Wendy; Aug 30th 2011 at 1:16 pm. Reason: cos I can...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
I have a Ford Laser - which was re-introduced/rebranded as a Ford Focus. I love my car

(Seems subconsciously you like that best too, since both links are the Focus )
LOL Thanks Wendy.

Fixed it
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
LOL Thanks Wendy.

Fixed it
Huh!? Fixed what *whistles*
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Debs hubby:

Ford are reliable cars, the focus is a good car.
The lancer is a dirty looking beast, good strong work horse of a vehicle.

The orange does it for me though.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I'd go for the Lancer, as it's a better car and will be more reliable than the Focus, although both are both great cars.

The Focii handle extremely well, I've not driven the non-sport version of the Lancer so can't comment on that.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:41 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I would always go for the Japanese or indeed a modern Korean car ahead of the Ford, better reliability.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I would always go for the Japanese or indeed a modern Korean car ahead of the Ford, better reliability.
depends. the early focus were built in Germany and had exceptional build quality. Then they moved to South Africa and it all went a bit Pete Tong (or should that be biltong...or even Bill Tong).
The new Focus is currently being built in germany, so get 'em while they're hot.

We had a mitsubishi and never had a problem in 10 years, and we have gone for a Honda this time (japan built not thailand).

I'd probably be inclined to go to the Lancer. It has a better stock engine than the base focus (petrol) - unless you would move up to the XR5, in which case get the focus, hands down.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:38 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

This built in Germany thing is a bit misleading to a degree, Mercedes, BMW and Audi often disappoint in owner surveys. Recently Hyundai beat all 3 of them in a survey in Germany for reliability. We have sort of been conditioned to think built in Germany is automatically good.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
This built in Germany thing is a bit misleading to a degree, Mercedes, BMW and Audi often disappoint in owner surveys. Recently Hyundai beat all 3 of them in a survey in Germany for reliability. We have sort of been conditioned to think built in Germany is automatically good.
i know that, and I often go off on a tangent about Australia's love with BMW and Audi, purely for their germanic-ness.
Bbut with regard to the Focus, the early reviews really did praise the build quality of the car, and later ones commented on the decline of their reliability since shifting.

Having just got back from the states: Give me a US build Ford Mustang GT over absolutely any other car in the world. Driving round various hawaiin islands in that thing was simply fantastic.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey all

Just wondering what your opinions are on both of these.
Link for focus

Link for Lancer

Thanks in advance
Focus. You could get a brand new one for about the same price though.