NETFLIX

Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:03 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NETFLIX

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
This is something I need to do - after House of Cards last year, I'm more than happy to pay Netflix for content.

Has anybody posted a tutorial of how to get access?

S
http://www.netflixaustralianow.com.au/

Note you can get Netflix on your browser using MediaHint, but if you want to route to your PS3, media player, etc. then you'll need a VPN.

You can play games with an Oz credit card, or get a prepay credit card, or get a Netflix gift code off eBay (watch the feedback).
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:21 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
That's great that it's so easy but do you know the reason why it's not available in Australia in the first place?

Licencing. The incumbents are very strong in Australia, and they don't want any threat to their existing setup, so are fighting tooth and nail to keep newcomers out. A friend works for FetchTV, and frequently complains about the market dominance of Fox being the biggest impediment to their growth.

S
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:49 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I pay about $5/month for unblock.us DNS service to convince the Apple TV I'm in the US.
Didn't mean to add the dot...that's probably something else!

http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Licencing. The incumbents are very strong in Australia, and they don't want any threat to their existing setup, so are fighting tooth and nail to keep newcomers out. A friend works for FetchTV, and frequently complains about the market dominance of Fox being the biggest impediment to their growth.

S
I personally don't think it will be easy keeping newcomers out. If people can get a better service elsewhere, be it legal or not they're going to find ways of getting that service, as they have done with Netflix.

Fetch TV is relatively new isn't it?

I think Australia needs some healthy competition in this area, it can only be a good thing. Look at the choice we have in Britain now, there are so many new internet media companies starting up, each one trying something new, something better, something cheaper, for the viewers this is great.
Things are changing so fast, it's hard to keep up sometimes.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:04 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don't think it will be easy keeping newcomers out. If people can get a better service elsewhere, be it legal or not they're going to find ways of getting that service, as they have done with Netflix.

Fetch TV is relatively new isn't it?

I think Australia needs some healthy competition in this area, it can only be a good thing. Look at the choice we have in Britain now, there are so many new internet media companies starting up, each one trying something new, something better, something cheaper, for the viewers this is great.
Things are changing so fast, it's hard to keep up sometimes.

Australia needs healthy competition in most areas. It doesn't mean that it will happen, and there seems to be a propensity towards cartel behaviour here, rather than allowing the market to make its own choices.

The incumbents still hold too much sway, and the small players get squeezed out through cartel behaviour. Foxtel, for example, is dreadfully old and dated, and offers a service noticeably worse than Sky in the UK, despite being owned by the same company. Yet it's considered a gold standard here, and something you simply must have, if you want to be invited to dinner parties.

There also seems to be a huge reluctance to move away from per MB billing in Australia too - I was pretty appalled to see that the NBN was still going to be billed per MB. Pricing by speed is a much better metric IMHO.

It's rebels like all of us, pushing at the edges that are gradually forcing change, but Australia really does have a long way to go in on demand internet media

S
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:41 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I just got this in my email and had to log back in!

I can't believe it! I did it too, after Christmas, I started on the 2nd of Jan.
I only did it for 3 days. It's more of a detox for me to get rid of the crap I ate over Christmas. It's tough isn't It? You have to have the will of iron to do any more than a week I say.

How are you feeling off it? God it tastes like sh!t doesn't it? Come on be honest, lets not kid ourselves. I had to physically hold my nose whilst I drunk it, it made me gip! Urrrggghh, I can almost taste it now just thinking about it!

Sorry I'm not very encouraging am I but there is a plus side, you feel great after and without a doubt you are definitely more astute, absolutely definitely !
Haha, yeah it makes me gag too

Otherwise feeling healthy. Eating solid fruit for lunch and juices for breakfast and dinner.

...Just fifty eight and a half days to go!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:59 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

We have Netflix.
I recommend watching Black fish, about the captive Orcas (killer whales) at Seaworld.
It's an award winning documentary, absolutely riveting - you'll never go to Seaworld after watching it.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
We have Netflix.
I recommend watching Black fish, about the captive Orcas (killer whales) at Seaworld.
It's an award winning documentary, absolutely riveting - you'll never go to Seaworld after watching it.
Great movie. My favourite scene was when they were wanking off the male killer whale. I've seen some weird shit in my time but I couldn't believe what I was seeing when they were doing that
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Haha, yeah it makes me gag too

Otherwise feeling healthy. Eating solid fruit for lunch and juices for breakfast and dinner.

...Just fifty eight and a half days to go!
Are you actually going to do 60 days?

You must be mad! ........... Keep me posted, oh, take a look at YouTube, on there you will see plenty of people who are doing it and keeping a vlog, some of the vids are just hilarious! There are some crazzzzy people out there!

Good luck!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Are you actually going to do 60 days?

You must be mad! ........... Keep me posted, oh, take a look at YouTube, on there you will see plenty of people who are doing it and keeping a vlog, some of the vids are just hilarious! There are some crazzzzy people out there!

Good luck!
I shall try.

Just checked out youtube, yes there's some good juicing videos there, enough to stay entertained for hours!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

That's great that it's so easy but do you know the reason why it's not available in Australia in the first place?
7,9,10 and Foxtel have deals with all the main US studios to buy their content. Netflix are not part of this

Netflix are talking about opening in Australia but would have a content problem as the above have the rights. Saying that, a lot of the world doesn't have Netflix - including countries bigger than Australia

Anyway, it's not an issue as anyone can get Netflix with a bit of effort - something that they are very happy with. In other words, big income at zero expense to them
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
We have Netflix.

It sounded interesting until renth mentioned the special treatment that was given to the killer whale.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
7,9,10 and Foxtel have deals with all the main US studios to buy their content. Netflix are not part of this

Netflix are talking about opening in Australia but would have a content problem as the above have the rights. Saying that, a lot of the world doesn't have Netflix - including countries bigger than Australia

Anyway, it's not an issue as anyone can get Netflix with a bit of effort - something that they are very happy with. In other words, big income at zero expense to them

How do you know so much about all this? Do you work for one of these companies or something?
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Foxtel, for example, is dreadfully old and dated, and offers a service noticeably worse than Sky in the UK, despite being owned by the same company. Yet it's considered a gold standard here, and something you simply must have, if you want to be invited to dinner parties.

S
I hope you're joking!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:13 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Arrested development is very funny on netflix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.