Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

need some house selling Karma.

need some house selling Karma.

Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:02 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: need some house selling Karma.

Originally Posted by curly
Ours has been on the market 6 weeks today, and we haven't had viewers for 3 weeks either we've just dropped ours by £5,500

Its a nightmare isnt it? TBH I wasnt worried about the house selling at all, I thought it would be the visa to cause all the stress but we have a CO now and everything is done for that but we have still got the bloody house!!

Aaaaaaaaarrrgggggggghhhh!! I'm losing the plot (see, Im hysterical now)
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Its a nightmare isnt it? TBH I wasnt worried about the house selling at all, I thought it would be the visa to cause all the stress but we have a CO now and everything is done for that but we have still got the bloody house!!

Aaaaaaaaarrrgggggggghhhh!! I'm losing the plot (see, Im hysterical now)
Wish we'd have put house on market earlier! we have our visa, didn't put house up til we got it - my fault wanted to make sure we got it want to be moved there by august

When do you hope to be over by?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

We put ours on the market just before xmas and only started getting viewers at beginning of march.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:09 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by curly
Wish we'd have put house on market earlier! we have our visa, didn't put house up til we got it - my fault wanted to make sure we got it want to be moved there by august

When do you hope to be over by?
We are aiming for August too! Our plan was to go then so that my step-daughter can finish her GCSE's in June and our eldest son, who is 6, can finish his full year of Year 1 here and then start school, after 2/3 week break at the end of July beginning of August, in Oz.

Talk about best laid plans. It is a bit of a worry though as Amber, my step-daughter, should be starting her A-levels here in September or get started on her QSC in Oz as soon as possible, obviously the later we go over there, the less time she has to complete the certificate. Oh well, lets see how the £10,000 reduction on the house goes, if we get a good offer by the end of May from a decent buyer we will be ok.

Where are you heading to?

Last edited by VikkiL; Apr 12th 2007 at 8:27 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:44 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
We where the same.

Deathly quiet for 3 weeks. Nobody interested.

We had already planned the open day, and I have even contemplated dropping the price, then all of a sudden viewers yesterday, viewers today (also VERY interested according to the agent) and open day Saturday, so we are feeling a bit more upbeat about things again.

Miranda, fingers crossed that you find a buyer soon. If you guys are off in October, i'm sure you should be OK. It's just annoying hearing all the reports on Dutch (and UK) tv about high house prices, and expected to continue rising, etc etc, and we cant find a victim......errrm I mean buyer

Paul

According to all those life style, grand design and house selling programs we have to make sure:
1. there's a cake in the oven luring people in and making them feel at home
2. put some flowers in a vase giving the house a cosey feel
3. present your house as if no one is actually living in it

O well, I don't really like flowers except the occasional tulips, cake isn't right for my curvey shaped figure , even the smell makes me 2 pounds heavier and how in earth can you present your house immaculately if you have a 5 year old running around.

Good luck to us all!

And let there be loads of victims who are willing to buy.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:08 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum

O well, I don't really like flowers except the occasional tulips,

what !!!!!!

Dutch, Female, and doesnt like flowers !!!

OMG

Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tum
According to all those life style, grand design and house selling programs we have to make sure:
1. there's a cake in the oven luring people in and making them feel at home
2. put some flowers in a vase giving the house a cosey feel
3. present your house as if no one is actually living in it

O well, I don't really like flowers except the occasional tulips, cake isn't right for my curvey shaped figure , even the smell makes me 2 pounds heavier and how in earth can you present your house immaculately if you have a 5 year old running around.

Good luck to us all!

And let there be loads of victims who are willing to buy.
I got all the crap (toys, washg off radiator etc) and through it all in the car. Good job nobody walked past it they would have had a field day
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VikkiL
We are aiming for August too! Our plan was to go then so that my step-daughter can finish her GCSE's in June and our eldest son, who is 6, can finish his full year of Year 1 here and then start school, after 2/3 week break at the end of July beginning of August, in Oz.

Talk about best laid plans. It is a bit of a worry though as Amber, my step-daughter, should be starting her A-levels here in September or get started on her QSC in Oz as soon as possible, obviously the later we go over there, the less time she has to complete the certificate. Oh well, lets see how the £10,000 reduction on the house goes, if we get a good offer by the end of May from a decent buyer we will be ok.

Where are you heading to?
We're heading for the gold coast we too are going (hopefully ) after our eldest has completed his GCSE's.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:34 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules29
I got all the crap (toys, washg off radiator etc) and through it all in the car. Good job nobody walked past it they would have had a field day

pmsl. we have got 4 big suitcases stuffed in hubbies car and 2 boxes of crap stuffed in mine!

Anyway some good news, the buyers who originally put in the lower offer have upped it by £1000, so we are getting there. I think we are going to accept the offer but still keep house on market as we have had some other interest from viewers that still haven't made up their minds yet.

Jackie x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:05 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby and I have had a long chat and we have decided we will accept the offer but keep the house on the market until the survey comes back and we are all happy (hopefully!). So there ya go! thank you all for the house selling Karma it really does work!

Jackie x

ps. if anyone needs any more house selling karma let me know and i will do my best to oblige!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:28 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hubby and I have had a long chat and we have decided we will accept the offer but keep the house on the market until the survey comes back and we are all happy (hopefully!). So there ya go! thank you all for the house selling Karma it really does work!

Jackie x

ps. if anyone needs any more house selling karma let me know and i will do my best to oblige!
Great news Jackie,

thats another weight off your mind i'm sure.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:53 am
Living the Dream!

Great news Jackie,

thats another weight off your mind i'm sure.

yeah its really quite exciting! the buyers also want to negotiate a price for some of our furniture too, so that will add to our money pot!

I hope you have a very positive weekend too. Will try and send you some more Karma for added luck!

Jackie x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:02 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
yeah its really quite exciting! the buyers also want to negotiate a price for some of our furniture too, so that will add to our money pot!

I hope you have a very positive weekend too. Will try and send you some more Karma for added luck!

Jackie x
Thanks Jackie.

All Karma gratefully accepted for this weekend.

Paul.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jackie.

All Karma gratefully accepted for this weekend.

Paul.
I'll send you some karma (now I know how to). I'll also water my lucky bamboo - it worked for Jackie

Jules x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

You will have to wait a little bit for the karma. Apparently I need to spread some around first

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.