Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

need some house selling Karma.

need some house selling Karma.

Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need some house selling Karma.

Good luck to everyone selling. Sorry to hear about your buyers pulling out Neil must be an absolute nightmare especially after all this time.

Ours officially goes on the market today - had someone come round on Sunday morning (hubby was painting the wall and they asked if it was going up for sale) and they are coming back again tonight. Typical if they end up putting in a good offer it could have saved us a few grand. Never mind c'est la vie!!

Fingers crossed for everyone to get lots of viewers and a few decent offers.

Cheers

Scotschick
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:08 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

We finally heard back from the Estate Agents today....the couple who viewed our house last week are coming back for a second viewing tomorrow. I think they have their mortgage offer sorted out now too. OMG! fingers crossed they put in a decent offer!

Jackie x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:01 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
We finally heard back from the Estate Agents today....the couple who viewed our house last week are coming back for a second viewing tomorrow. I think they have their mortgage offer sorted out now too. OMG! fingers crossed they put in a decent offer!

Jackie x
Thats great news Jackie.

Fingers crossed

Lets hope the offer is worth discussing !
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:25 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kitty4
Thanks for the K Neil
We have signed the contract which was faxed to us in the middle of the night here in Oz, so it will take about 3 days to be couriered back to UK, in meantime buyers can sign ready for exchange. But now I'm worrying about what their solicitor has up his sleeve about the right of way. Buyers haven't mentioned anything about it - spoke to them this morning.
There is always something extra added on to stress about .
Hi Kitty,
I did not realize you were already in OZ, how have you found trying to sell a UK house from OZ ?. I am going to Brisbane in April for 2 weeks and have a job interview, if I get the job I will have to consider going and trying to sell while I'm over there.
Neil
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's happened. Just as I predicted. We signed the contract yesterday and it's on its way back to the UK.

Now they have pulled out!!! :curse:

Had a fax out of the blue from our solicitor last night, raising all sorts of questions from theirs, about right of way (already answered these questions - there has never been an issue) and saying we have had 2 extensions at the back, judging by different brickwork, so where is the planning permission and regulations?

Well, the house was origianally extended by whoever owned it about 30 years ago. Since then, we have replaced some old structures with new materials, such as the conservatory and obtained planning permission for a huge extension, which whoever buys it can build. But no, he wants us to get planning permission now, for the original work done by someone else 30 years ago.

The buyers didn't even know he had raised these questions and were angry and got onto him. But he seems to have persuaded them that we are trying to hide something and isn't it good that he found out now!!!

So, back to the starting line. We will now have to pull out of our contract to buy here.
Selling from here in one way isn't too bad, as we have very good friends doing everything for us. On the other hand, not being there to sign and deal with things on the spot is frustrating. If we had been there, the contracts would have been exchanged by now. I'm so p**^ed off I feel so ill.

How are we supposed to get permission for someone elses work so many years ago? I feel like just selling the place to these property investors at 80% of the market price - there are plenty interested. What bugs me too, is we dropped the price by 30k to realistically attract buyers in a lower stamp duty bracket, which worked, then we accepted their offer 25k below that asking price for a quick completion, now this. What the bl**dy hell do they want?
I'd better stop now, as I'll just keep ranting.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:09 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that kitty I was hoping you had sold it this time.

We know just how you feel, twice we have had buyers pull out days before exchange, it makes you feel ill.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:13 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Sorry to hear that kitty I was hoping you had sold it this time.

We know just how you feel, twice we have had buyers pull out days before exchange, it makes you feel ill.
you must be a very nice person, it has never made me feel ill has always turned me into a homicidal maniac!!

Kim
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by asher
you must be a very nice person, it has never made me feel ill has always turned me into a homicidal maniac!!

Kim

Well to be honest I did want to go and chuck a brick through their window but OH won't let me
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:50 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Well to be honest I did want to go and chuck a brick through their window but OH won't let me
tell OH to look the other way and I'll keep lookout for you

Kim
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

How's it going guys?

Ours went on the market on Wednesday and had an offer on Thursday, however we didn't accept it. Have 3 more viewings on Saturday so will see how it goes.

Totally hate all this though - just wish it was all over. Really bad news for you guys with people pulling out. Can't wait to accept an offer and get the missives concluded so we can book our flights. Don't know how it works in rest of the UK but in Scotland once you sign the missives it's legally binding and the other party is liable for costs if they pull out.

Still hoping to be away 31 May but might be a bit of a tall order. Who knows.

Anyway good luck to everyone - heres to loads of mega rich people coming our way.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Scotschick
How's it going guys?

Ours went on the market on Wednesday and had an offer on Thursday, however we didn't accept it. Have 3 more viewings on Saturday so will see how it goes.

Totally hate all this though - just wish it was all over. Really bad news for you guys with people pulling out. Can't wait to accept an offer and get the missives concluded so we can book our flights. Don't know how it works in rest of the UK but in Scotland once you sign the missives it's legally binding and the other party is liable for costs if they pull out.

Still hoping to be away 31 May but might be a bit of a tall order. Who knows.

Anyway good luck to everyone - heres to loads of mega rich people coming our way.
In England it's crap, people agree to buy your house, you take it off the market and start spending money on selling it and then after 6 weeks or more they change their minds are you are stuffed with your legal costs.

We did take out insurance with our solicitors for £25, good job we did or we would have had to pay them £349 when our buyers pulled out. When it sells again we will have to take out another insurance with the solicitors for another £25.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:39 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

In England it's crap, people agree to buy your house, you take it off the market and start spending money on selling it and then after 6 weeks or more they change their minds are you are stuffed with your legal costs.

We did take out insurance with our solicitors for £25, good job we did or we would have had to pay them £349 when our buyers pulled out. When it sells again we will have to take out another insurance with the solicitors for another £25.
Some solicitors operate a "no sale, no fee" policy so its worth shopping round.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by sme
Some solicitors operate a "no sale, no fee" policy so its worth shopping round.

We used one of the "No sale No Fee" ones before they were very slow, waited for everybody else in the chain to be ready before they would prepare the contracts, in fact they were so slow our buyers got fed up waiting and started looking at other houses.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:43 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandy x
Our house has been on the market for nearly 3 months. & only had 1
veiwing. its been very frustrating.:curse:
Were thinking of changing estate agents. Has any one got any recomondations. were in the west mids area.
Hi Mandy

I know how you feel, our house has been on the market about 2 months with 2 viewings. We are changing estate agents next week.

Sorry can't give you any recommendations (different area).

House selling is a bloody nightmare :curse:

Good luck

Louise
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Good luck Jackie(if im not too late). Thanks everyone for the k. Had a viewing on sat (5th one in 9 weeks) but they were very young couple who didnt look old enough to be able to afford a house at £150,000 and we havent even had any feed back on it. Oh well never mind we will sell it eventually.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I just want to goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tracey x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.