Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: National dress

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Well I just googled Welsh National Dress and this came up
Ah! That's what a Raglan shirt looks like
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Lol Luvs it i does!!!!!

That is actualy scrum 5, quite famous now in wales!!!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DibDob
I come from Carmarthenshire, which as you know is a hotbed of the welsh language so it could be a local thing although i do remember cousins photos form Aberdare in the Valleys wearing it to.

Yes i agree most national dress is normaly very young in age, so there is no reason not to adopt, most celtic countries wore a "Plaid" a wrap around shawl which the kilt derives from, all celtic countries have a shared history so why not a new shared national dress, i quite like it to be honest, and at most weddings here now in wales u will see this.
Hello neighbour!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't beat wearing the kilt, it makes you feel great. As a previous poster said, no harm in adopting a more modern national dress that isn't traditional, just make it your own
We didn't invent the kilt (Egyptians 5000+ years ago probably) or Tartan( some evidence for Chinese 3000+ years ago)
I love the English one, the England football shirt worn with jeans
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:48 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:49 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Can't beat wearing the kilt, it makes you feel great. As a previous poster said, no harm in adopting a more modern national dress that isn't traditional, just make it your own
We didn't invent the kilt (Egyptians 5000+ years ago probably) or Tartan( some evidence for Chinese 3000+ years ago)
I love the English one, the England football shirt worn with jeans
Why doesn't that surprise me

I bet you got married in this;

Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Why doesn't that surprise me

I bet you got married in this;

http://www.willishenry.com/winter%20...%20art/1_1.jpg
I own a kilt and got married in one. Is this because I don't hate the morris dancers?

Only being factual
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:57 pm

I own a kilt and got married in one. Is this because I don't hate the morris dancers?

Only being factual
I'm surprised you wore and own a kilt - but that's a Scottish thing!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:03 am
Account Closed

I'm surprised you wore and own a kilt - but that's a Scottish thing!
I love Scotland - every Scot does, but I love all of the UK. I am a UK citizen and at the moment at least, Scotland isn't a country. Yer a Brit hen

I look good in a kilt by the way, rugby player legs
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:07 am

I love Scotland - every Scot does, but I love all of the UK. I am a UK citizen and at the moment at least, Scotland isn't a country. Yer a Brit hen

I look good in a kilt by the way, rugby player legs
I'm Scottish with a UK passport K - i feel Scottish, not British. Everyone to their own though K

Send me a pic then, go on - you know you want to.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:09 am
Account Closed

I'm Scottish with a UK passport K - i feel Scottish, not British. Everyone to their own though K

Send me a pic then, go on - you know you want to.
Since moving here I do feel more Scottish and less British tbh. I don't think I will ever go back though....
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:11 am

Since moving here I do feel more Scottish and less British tbh. I don't think I will ever go back though....
Not even if you won the lotto and had the chance to buy a castle in Scotland and retire blissfully?

Or is that just me?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Not even if you won the lotto and had the chance to buy a castle in Scotland and retire blissfully?

Or is that just me?
I'd deffo have a flat in the West End and go back for the festival. We are really happy here though
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:37 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

I'm sensing a reoccurring theme...this is what came up for me...
Attached Thumbnails National dress-daffodil-006.jpg  
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you like your national dress, or can't stand the beggar?

I love my national dress, I especially love the Jacobian shirt with the kilt instead of those awful dickie bows and jackets.

http://scotweb-objects.com/images/it...reamcalico.jpg

http://www.pinker33.com/wp-content/u...laid__wool.jpg
May i say how lovely you look W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.