National costume

Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default National costume

My daughter has Harmony day at school next Wednesday & to celebrate this they are asking children to dress up in national costumes, either Australian or the country of their birth or their family's original country.

We're kind of stuffed as England doesn't have a national costume. The Welsh, Scottish & Irish all do but not the English

I did consider sending her in in her England shirt as I think the English are renowned for that image

Any other bright ideas please?

Alison x
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of
Default Re: National costume

how about some rockports and a matching dirty Kappa (or similar) tracksuit, and a couple of sovereigns just as an accoutrement! About as close to English national dress as youre likely to get
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris1386
how about some rockports and a matching dirty Kappa (or similar) tracksuit, and a couple of sovereigns just as an accoutrement! About as close to English national dress as youre likely to get
Ohh she could wear her fake uggs & pjs

Alison x
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
My daughter has Harmony day at school next Wednesday & to celebrate this they are asking children to dress up in national costumes, either Australian or the country of their birth or their family's original country.

We're kind of stuffed as England doesn't have a national costume. The Welsh, Scottish & Irish all do but not the English

I did consider sending her in in her England shirt as I think the English are renowned for that image

Alison x
Looks like she can go in her jimjams and a dressing gown
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

haha, youre right! the pj scene is just making a show where i live, youre more with it where you are, clearly
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Just get her to wear a ball and chain....that is pretty australian
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grayling
Just get her to wear a ball and chain....that is pretty australian
Actually a white outfit covered in black arrows did cross my mind but wasn't sure how well accepted it would

Alison x
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:10 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Can she grow a nipple length pointy ginger beard in time?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:10 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Pearly Queen?

Morris Dancer. The women usually wear white shirt, black waist coat, red (or colourful) skirt and a straw hat with ribbons.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Alison x
A Crusader
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rambi
Pearly Queen?

Morris Dancer. The women usually wear white shirt, black waist coat, red (or colourful) skirt and a straw hat with ribbons.
Now I like the idea of a Pearly Queen as my Nan was born within the sound of Bow Bells but that's going to mean a lot of sewing She's got a plain black skirt so I wonder if I can get some white sequin strips rather than tons of buttons? Off to Spotlight in a bit so will have a look.

Alison x
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Now I like the idea of a Pearly Queen as my Nan was born within the sound of Bow Bells but that's going to mean a lot of sewing She's got a plain black skirt so I wonder if I can get some white sequin strips rather than tons of buttons? Off to Spotlight in a bit so will have a look.

Alison x
Slacker . . . what would your poor old Nan think?!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:49 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

First thing that comes to my
mind is a Morris Dancer!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:57 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
First thing that comes to my
mind is a Morris Dancer!
Shame that she's not Scotish. She could have worn a Rab C Nesbitt costume.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartacus
Slacker . . . what would your poor old Nan think?!
She'd think I'd thought about it & had a sensible idea Especially as I'm going to have to remove everything I stitch on to her skirt again.

You know the spooky thing is the black skirt that my daughter has I originally bought for my elder daughter to wear to my Nan's funeral.

Alison x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.