Naming Babies

Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naming Babies

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Can't beat it but, I used to work in a bank & had some customers who had bad surnames but tried to pronounce them differently. like: Mr Bastard (Basstard!) Mr Death (Dee-ath) Mr Onions (O-neeons)

Got a friend called Vicky Davenport, check out the initials
I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face when serving these customers
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:19 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

I knew two James Browns very well, and dated a Berk

But this is the best while in a pub a few weeks ago I met the legend..

Kenneth Tottenham-Hotpsur yep changed the name on his own, then just last week there was an article in the paper on him, funnily enough he's fed up of being teased....In the same article was a guy who in english would be called Mr There-you-go-thanks-a-lot.....wtf

But for our own kids we'll have to try find something that's pronounced the same in English as it is in Norwegian...or Welsh
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:50 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welshviking
I knew two James Browns very well, and dated a Berk

But this is the best while in a pub a few weeks ago I met the legend..

Kenneth Tottenham-Hotpsur yep changed the name on his own, then just last week there was an article in the paper on him, funnily enough he's fed up of being teased....In the same article was a guy who in english would be called Mr There-you-go-thanks-a-lot.....wtf

But for our own kids we'll have to try find something that's pronounced the same in English as it is in Norwegian...or Welsh
our daughter got married in the Dominican Republic it was magic, we all went down to the beach and a lovely guy came to us selling jewelry, his name

Jesus I kid you not ,at night i danced with Elvis i still kid you not, he is alive and well and living in the Dominican
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:52 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nanny2six
our daughter got married in the Dominican Republic it was magic, we all went down to the beach and a lovely guy came to us selling jewelry, his name

Jesus I kid you not ,at night i danced with Elvis i still kid you not, he is alive and well and living in the Dominican
He had to be somehwere...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
I have told her i would compromise and call him Ivanhoe,she told me to f**k off.
She came back with Riley ffs!

Mrs Al : How about Riley?
Me : As in life of?
Mrs Al : Shut up.
My hubby's middle name that - he hates it
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:01 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Call me AL
"Roger my f*****g arse" I spluttered. ...
Hopefully you weren't at the Sydney Mardi Gras at the time you said that.

Never heard of Zolar before and I suspect that you'll be condemning your kid to lifetime of "No, Zolar, Z O L A R. Yes, it is unusual. No, it doesn't mean anything. My dad thought it was a nice name", soon to be followed by sniggers after his back is turned.

Not keen on Roger either. Couldn't you guys have another go?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:04 am
Account Closed

Worst name I ever saw was a shop assistant in Seattle airport called Meconium. It was one of the first words her mum heard after she was born and thought it sounded lovely.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

I named my first born after my great-grandad and my grandad (luckliy my hubby didn't dare argue with me) and his middle name was the same as his dad's middle name - Thomas Joseph.

Our daughter was going to be called - Lucy or Rebecca - but when she appeared she just didn't look like either...so she was baby until the following day when i decided she looked like an Amy - I don't know where the name came from - it wasn't on either name list????

When I was choosing names - my mum and I used to have a laugh and go through the whole alphabet and see who could come up with the silliest name.

One day on the bus to the ante-natal (37 weeks) check-up I nearly went into labour playing the stupid silly naming game....

mum ' Baaa bara (sheep sound at the start of all the B names)
me 'Baaa tholamew
mum ' Baaaa rnaby
me ' Baaaa sil'
mum 'Baaa ry'

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asher
well as a nurse we get to see all the daft names parents call their kids

John Thomas FFS why John?

That's very popular in Wales. I've me a few.

Not so pupular now but I have in my time met a William Williams and a Thomas Thomas. And I checked, the parents didn't have a stutter
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
You see, I think the opposite. By naming my daughter 'Rebecca' she has the choice of Becky/i/ie, Becca, Becs or Rebecca. If I had named her Becky she can't really work backwards to use Rebecca.

Each to his own, I guess
I'm with you on this. I've given all the kids, names that can be lengthened or shortened at will. They can use the short name with familiars and the long name when being formal or at work. My name is the same and I found it very handy. It's the name equivalent of putting on a suit to go to work.

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:21 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sasbear
I named my first born after my great-grandad and my grandad (luckliy my hubby didn't dare argue with me) and his middle name was the same as his dad's middle name - Thomas Joseph.

Our daughter was going to be called - Lucy or Rebecca - but when she appeared she just didn't look like either...so she was baby until the following day when i decided she looked like an Amy - I don't know where the name came from - it wasn't on either name list????

When I was choosing names - my mum and I used to have a laugh and go through the whole alphabet and see who could come up with the silliest name.

One day on the bus to the ante-natal (37 weeks) check-up I nearly went into labour playing the stupid silly naming game....

mum ' Baaa bara (sheep sound at the start of all the B names)
me 'Baaa tholamew
mum ' Baaaa rnaby
me ' Baaaa sil'
mum 'Baaa ry'

a few weeks ago my grandson Nathan had a bad throat, my daughter shouted
Nathan your antibiotic, and he shouted who's aunty biotic!bless
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nanny2six
a few weeks ago my grandson Nathan had a bad throat, my daughter shouted
Nathan your antibiotic, and he shouted who's aunty biotic!bless

When I was in the maternity unit and we used to all sit in the Tv room - there was one woman who kept raving about her baby...
'our Wayne is soo....' or our Wayne this...' and our Wayne that...

We were all sick of hearing about her perfect little new born baby called Wayne.

One day the nurse came through to do checks and popped her head into the TV room and said
'Mrs Scales?'

You should have heard us all laugh as Wayne's mum got up and left the room...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
That's very popular in Wales. I've me a few.

Not so pupular now but I have in my time met a William Williams and a Thomas Thomas. And I checked, the parents didn't have a stutter
There's a guy called Cullen Cullen where I live. What are some parents thinking
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marmalade
There's a guy called Cullen Cullen where I live. What are some parents thinking
I answered the phone to a guy a while back and tried to find him on our database...
'what is your first name?'
'Ekong'
'thank you - and what is your last name?'
'Ekong'
OK so what is your first name again?
'Ekong'

OK so yourfull name is Ekong Ekong?

Yes!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sasbear
I answered the phone to a guy a while back and tried to find him on our database...
'what is your first name?'
'Ekong'
'thank you - and what is your last name?'
'Ekong'
OK so what is your first name again?
'Ekong'

OK so yourfull name is Ekong Ekong?

Yes!
Good lord

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.