Naming Babies

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:24 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Naming Babies

Originally Posted by tawkins1
My daughter has a friend in school called 'Issac Green' (say it fast!)
When I was in school there were 2 people will funny surnames - Pratt & Whalley!

Oh yeh! There was a Burke too!!!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter is Elizabeth Louise and goes to school with a 'britney', my son is James Robert, is the youngest and goes to school with a 'rio, memphis and joby', yet the best one is a lad in his class called 'Monty' and his surname is Mullett!!!!
Monty Mullett!!! the poor chap........

I do have 2 older daughters, Alice after my nan, she's 19, and Mercedes, 17yrs, her father named her that as he liked the name.....apparently is a spanish saint, and funnily enough she was born the day before saint mercedes day in spain....she's now pregnant and due in 6wks and i kept thinking, OMG what sort of name is she going to come up with, but she's surprised me......having a boy and calling him....'Jak Robert James' which i think is lovely, but then i'm biased.

Personally can't stand it when people give their kids a really nice name and then shorten it.........whats the point of calling them it in the first place??
Elizabeth is called Elizabeth and not Libby or Beth or Liz, cause if i wanted to call her that i wouldn't have called her Elizabeth in the first place.....
Zolar/Roger??...mmmmmm.....neither.....buy a baby name book...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:09 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

ive always liked..

adolf..has a ring to it..not very common either..
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest
Personally can't stand it when people give their kids a really nice name and then shorten it.........whats the point of calling them it in the first place??
Elizabeth is called Elizabeth and not Libby or Beth or Liz, cause if i wanted to call her that i wouldn't have called her Elizabeth in the first place.....
You see, I think the opposite. By naming my daughter 'Rebecca' she has the choice of Becky/i/ie, Becca, Becs or Rebecca. If I had named her Becky she can't really work backwards to use Rebecca.

Each to his own, I guess
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
You see, I think the opposite. By naming my daughter 'Rebecca' she has the choice of Becky/i/ie, Becca, Becs or Rebecca. If I had named her Becky she can't really work backwards to use Rebecca.

Each to his own, I guess
Do you call your daughter 'Rebecca'?

Elizabeth is nearly 8 now, and whilst everyone who knows her within family and friends call her Elizabeth, i have noticed that her school friends have started to shorten it to Liz/Lizzie. That i don't mind really....Alice was always called Ali/ Ali B at school and even now at work hardly anyone but family and friends call her Alice.
I did realise when we named her that she wouldn't stay Elizabeth, and actually don't mind the shortened versions of her name, just don't use them myself......although Lizzie does remind me of an old lady....
(my apologies to all you young ladies out there called lizzie....)
As you say, each to his own......
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has a friend in school called 'Issac Green' (say it fast!)
When I was in school there were 2 people will funny surnames - Pratt & Whalley!
Used to work with a Whalley (he pronounced it Worely but he was a right one) and also used to work with a Badcock....
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest
Do you call your daughter 'Rebecca'?

Elizabeth is nearly 8 now, and whilst everyone who knows her within family and friends call her Elizabeth, i have noticed that her school friends have started to shorten it to Liz/Lizzie. That i don't mind really....Alice was always called Ali/ Ali B at school and even now at work hardly anyone but family and friends call her Alice.
I did realise when we named her that she wouldn't stay Elizabeth, and actually don't mind the shortened versions of her name, just don't use them myself......although Lizzie does remind me of an old lady....
(my apologies to all you young ladies out there called lizzie....)
As you say, each to his own......
She does tend to be Rebecca and that is my preference. However, I have found myself calling her Becksie, especially when she is upset or very tired (she's 2.5) which I also like. She doesn't like 'Becky' at the moment and Daddy and I are the only ones allowed to use Becksie. Otherwise people are firmly told that her name is Rebecca! By her!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

My mum tells the story of the time when she and her class all took pairs of shoes to school and laid them out like a shop display. For the benefit or Mrs Freeman, Mrs Hardy and Mrs Willis!

Apparently these ladies had been teaching at the school for years and no-one had ever realised that they made up the name of a shoe store!

I also had a student join my class from overseas (Hong Kong, I think) and we had to discreetly suggest that he call himself 'Pat'. His full name sounded (although wasn't spelled) like

wait for it.....

COWPAT!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
My mum tells the story of the time when she and her class all took pairs of shoes to school and laid them out like a shop display. For the benefit or Mrs Freeman, Mrs Hardy and Mrs Willis!

Apparently these ladies had been teaching at the school for years and no-one had ever realised that they made up the name of a shoe store!

I also had a student join my class from overseas (Hong Kong, I think) and we had to discreetly suggest that he call himself 'Pat'. His full name sounded (although wasn't spelled) like

wait for it.....

COWPAT!

OMG ~ that is so funny
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:50 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Oh yeh! There was a Burke too!!!!!!
now i know your taking the michael,
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

I teach and we used to have a Wayne Dear... the sirname Wanklyn... James Brown and a friend who used to teach in Dubai had a boy in his class who pronounced his name shaatheed but spelt it shithead!!

Has anyone else thought about the Pitt-Jolie child Shilo? Think about her full name - Shilo Pitt (mix the first letters ...)!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movin'on
I teach and we used to have a Wayne Dear... the sirname Wanklyn... James Brown and a friend who used to teach in Dubai had a boy in his class who pronounced his name shaatheed but spelt it shithead!!

Has anyone else thought about the Pitt-Jolie child Shilo? Think about her full name - Shilo Pitt (mix the first letters ...)!!
Cowpat and Shithead ~ can anyone beat those two names
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:58 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by movin'on

ah bloody Nora
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:42 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OMG, my OH must have been ahead of his time. I'm glad we didn't chose it now we're moving to Oz - we would look really silly.

On the same vein, I went to school with a Scarlet O'Hara and a Patrick (P.) Green.
lol i know two Peter Parkers.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:18 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Cowpat and Shithead ~ can anyone beat those two names
Can't beat it but, I used to work in a bank & had some customers who had bad surnames but tried to pronounce them differently. like: Mr Bastard (Basstard!) Mr Death (Dee-ath) Mr Onions (O-neeons)

Got a friend called Vicky Davenport, check out the initials

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.