Naming Babies

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Naming Babies

Originally Posted by Call me AL
I think i'll get divorced and find myself a nice Filipino, they don't care what you call the baby.
I saw campaign posters for a mayor called "Bambam Peewee Trinidad" over there (I actually have the photos), and they think nothing of calling a child "Godwin O'Hitler".
Male children called "Holy Mary", females called "Dennis", "Glorious Chaos", although theres nothing more disturbing than sitting down for a chat with a forty year old man that insists you call him Babe.

nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:11 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Do you know my dad??

His name is Roger William

im not kidding..it really is.

Harvey is Harvey William.

Nickie
My Dads name is Roger William too!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:18 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I met a bloke in South Africa whose first name was Discount..... not quite sure what his parents were thinking?!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:24 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
I think i'll get divorced and find myself a nice Filipino, they don't care what you call the baby.
I saw campaign posters for a mayor called "Bambam Peewee Trinidad" over there (I actually have the photos), and they think nothing of calling a child "Godwin O'Hitler".
Male children called "Holy Mary", females called "Dennis", "Glorious Chaos", although theres nothing more disturbing than sitting down for a chat with a forty year old man that insists you call him Babe.
Currently in Manila working and I have a lady I work with called Seth another called Winsome and the strange list goes on. The spellings are amazing too.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

My Mother went to school with female triplets, who she swore were called;

Rosemary, (fine)....

Marmary, (EEEK) ....and

Dukemary (OMG!)
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

My son is called David Christopher and his wife is called Rebecca
They have 2 girls....called:
Hope Catherine..............and
Courtney Faith...............I don't want a 'Chastity'
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:49 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

My daughter has a friend in school called 'Issac Green' (say it fast!)
When I was in school there were 2 people will funny surnames - Pratt & Whalley!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:21 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

c
Originally Posted by Fly Away
My Mother went to school with female triplets, who she swore were called;

Rosemary, (fine)....

Marmary, (EEEK) ....and

what was the third one called, (marmite) perhaps, cant wait to find out.

Dukemary (OMG!)
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:24 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
My daughter has a friend in school called 'Issac Green' (say it fast!)
When I was in school there were 2 people will funny surnames - Pratt & Whalley!
no way you have got to be making this up
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nanny2six
no way you have got to be making this up
I Kid you Not! Gods honest truth!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
And whats wrong with Roger????????
my dads name is Roger.!!!

All our kids have middle names. they arent double barreled though. I work in a preschool and a little boy there had a double barrelled 1st name and a double barrel surname!!

This is for your wifes eyes only........wait till you've had the baby and when you are lying on the labour bed and hes cuddleing his beautiful newborn son/daughter, look up with your tired eyes and say in a small and exhausted voice "can we call him/her......................"
never fails.

Nickie

I did that with my first.. We had the same argument tossed a coin and he won - I still got to call her what I wanted I said "What shall we call her then?" His answer "Whatever you want!!!!"
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:36 pm
Who's the nanny?

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I Kid you Not! Gods honest truth!!!
well i go to the foot of our stairs,
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
My Dads name is Roger William too!
Knowing my dad we could be related!!

Nickie
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:14 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

well as a nurse we get to see all the daft names parents call their kids

John Thomas FFS why John?

Roger Mee

Moore Payne

there are many more why don't parents think about their kids names
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We took our children's names from the atlas. We knew that we would not be living in BC for long, so decided to see what local names we could find. For a girl we had a choice of Kimberley, Hope, Courtenay, Charlotte or Victoria and for a boy we had George, Duncan, Everett and Rupert. We put all the names in a hat and when the babe was born pulled out from either the pink hat or the blue one. We picked Charlotte for our daughter, so Charlotte Joy it is.

When our son was born we decided we didn't like the original list of names and seeing how we lived a couple of houses from a well known singer we decided to name him after our famous neighbour. He's Colin Craig (hub picked Craig, and don't have any clue where it came from).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.