Naming Babies

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Naming Babies

Originally Posted by NikiL
Could be a lot worse than Zolar, apparently someone wanted to name their daughter Chlamydia - they heard the word and thought it would make a pretty name Thank God the registry office pointed a few things out to them!

Nice to know sex education is working
Wow, close your brain and try and say the word Chlamydia. Does it sound pretty?

Hmmm, I can't close my brain off though. Wonder how many Chyamydia people there are?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

many many many years ago worked in a health centre, as a doctors receptionist and had to register twin girls, I promise you their names were Denise and Eloise, - hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

A really nice girl I know down at the school had her 3rd little boy a few weeks before my last little one and she called him 'RIO', they are lovely people and wee Rio is too, but in this backwater town, - hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey it is only my opinion
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I wanted to call my daughter Lydia Ann, but as our surname starts with 'V' she would have had L.A.V. as initials....

My OH wanted to call a girl Sidney.
My stepdad wanted to call his daughter Sydney, but his wife wouldn't let him. So they gave her that name as a middle name - from being 6 she made everyone call her Sydney as she hates her first name!.

Originally Posted by nanny2six
no offence Wendy but i told my daughter not to name any of her daughters Wendy and the reason, her surname is House. I swear its true.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I wanted to call my daughter Lydia Ann, but as our surname starts with 'V' she would have had L.A.V. as initials....

My OH wanted to call a girl Sidney.
We have a couple of Sydneys at the preschool i work in..and they are both girls, i think its a pretty name.

My friends son is called Sonny, not too bad is it until you realise her surname is Day!!!

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:36 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Naming Babies

Originally Posted by Call me AL
"Roger my f*****g arse" I spluttered.
If you're not careful, she'll take that as an offer... and then you'll be sorry!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

One of the boys I have had in my class was called Justin Case
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
If you're not careful, she'll take that as an offer... and then you'll be sorry!

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marmalade
One of the boys I have had in my class was called Justin Case

Dont these parents think??

We could have had Drew, Drew Andrew hmmmmm i think not.
ooh what about Andrew??? Andrew Andrew yeah fab

Now im just being silly.
Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
My stepdad wanted to call his daughter Sydney, but his wife wouldn't let him. So they gave her that name as a middle name - from being 6 she made everyone call her Sydney as she hates her first name!.

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
We have a couple of Sydneys at the preschool i work in..and they are both girls, i think its a pretty name.

My friends son is called Sonny, not too bad is it until you realise her surname is Day!!!

Nickie

OMG, my OH must have been ahead of his time. I'm glad we didn't chose it now we're moving to Oz - we would look really silly.

On the same vein, I went to school with a Scarlet O'Hara and a Patrick (P.) Green.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

So far we've got 4 girls and they've all got a first and middle name:

Robyn Louise, Layla Jane and the twins are Abby Eve and Ella Jem.

I tried to make sure at least one of their names is very "normal" so they can use that when they're older if they want.

I'm due my 5th (and definatly last! ) girl in 5 weeks and my favourite name at the moment is Gracie Mae but who knows what it'll be next week!

Lindsay
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Comptroller and Auditor General of the National Audit Office is called Tim Burr.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:09 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Hey, our daughter is Kelsey.
Dont you find it hard to find things with her name on!!! we tend to call her Raymond!!

We had a neighbour who has 5 children.....Hope (G) Jordan (B) Chandler (B) Mackenzie (B) and Xandor (B)!!!

What can i say!!!

We have Kelsey Jane, Jessica Alice, Rachel Sarah and Harvey William.

I like middle names.

Nickie
Well what can i say excellent taste!!

yeh it is a nightmare to get things with kelsey on them plenty of chelsea though!!

i have kelsey rose and macy-lee
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:17 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

The subject of silly/unfortunate names has cropped up several times on my message board. Satchel (Woody Allen's kid) usually crops up as one of the most stupid.

There's now a fashion here for Chinese babies to be given a Western name as well as a traditional one, or to adopt one themselves when they're older, and you get some crackers. Small girls called Doris, boys called Ignatius, and obvious spelling mistakes with names almost but not quite normal. One of the daftest was a bloke on telly explaining quite seriously that he'd called himself Chelestier because he likes Chelsea FC, plus there is a suburb here called Balestier that he liked the sound of.

However, one of the best names I ever heard was "Cardinal Sin", who was an archbishop in the Philippines.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Saw one in the Daily Telegraph years ago. Little girl named Iona Leopard (no middle name for the poor little mite to use instead). And a friend of mine claims to have gone to school with a Jon-Johnny Johnson!

Having been given an unusual name that is often mispronounced to sound like a boy's I have a daughter with two perfectly normal names - Rebecca Eve. Wouldn't wish an unusual name or spelling on anyone.

BTW, give it 18 years or so and Zolar will probably sue for emotional trauma!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:45 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

I think i'll get divorced and find myself a nice Filipino, they don't care what you call the baby.
I saw campaign posters for a mayor called "Bambam Peewee Trinidad" over there (I actually have the photos), and they think nothing of calling a child "Godwin O'Hitler".
Male children called "Holy Mary", females called "Dennis", "Glorious Chaos", although theres nothing more disturbing than sitting down for a chat with a forty year old man that insists you call him Babe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.