Name This Spider!

Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:05 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name This Spider!

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Difficult to say but it could well b an Orb Weaving spider. Low risk, non-aggressive. 20-30mm long in the body with that abdomen pattern.

http://www.termite.com/spider-identi...n-control.html
Firstly - cracking website - but why oh why did they feel the urge to annimate those creepy buggars - as if they arent friggin scary enough!!

Secondly - taking from the same website about the Orb Spider and i quote
" Be careful not to walk into their webs at night - the fright of this spider crawling over one's face can be terrifying and may cause a heart attack, particularly to the susceptible over 40 year olds. "

FFS - a spider than can kill you without biting you Jesus H christ on a bike !

Thirdly back on topic of naming the little darlin' if it was near me it would be called squishy the ant food. !!!!
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL wargod
lace x
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:03 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

OK folks,

I admit I didn't go up and tickle the one on the wall :scared: so it could have been 'Wolf' but it was dark, so I didn't see any pattern. I did think I had a wold spider but that lived under bit of bark in garden but now gone.

Tonights offering is fresh from outside the front door and it's body is about half pence size plus legs. I make it to be a Garden Orb Weaving spider the sort that kills you like the last one with fear if you walk into the web.

Especially if it is full of flying ants as well like tonight, spider was hyperactive. We let him live there and just tend to walk around him. Love anything that may catch mozzies...
Attached Thumbnails Name This Spider!-garden-orb-weaving.jpg   Name This Spider!-gardenorbweaver.jpg   Name This Spider!-gardorbweaver.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

YUK!

not coming for that beer after all lol lol
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:08 am

We will rehome him before you come... .
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers for that lol

hoping to hear something with in the next two weeks
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:27 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
OK folks,

I admit I didn't go up and tickle the one on the wall :scared: so it could have been 'Wolf' but it was dark, so I didn't see any pattern. I did think I had a wold spider but that lived under bit of bark in garden but now gone.

Tonights offering is fresh from outside the front door and it's body is about half pence size plus legs. I make it to be a Garden Orb Weaving spider the sort that kills you like the last one with fear if you walk into the web.

I reckon it is as well

http://www.geocities.com/pchew_brisbane/Garden_sp.htm
Attached Thumbnails Name This Spider!-eriophora_zz076_rf0124.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:33 pm

Have lots of small one's outside but haven't taken photos of any of them only the big scary ones... .
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aww Anne my little lad is stressing now. He had a nightmare last night about the spiders.

He is asking if the cockroaches and spiders will crawl over him in the middle of the night.

Looking for a good answer here Anne

hugs Lol lace xxx
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:53 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
ermmm... we were hoping for something a bit more technical!!

Nice name though!!
I wouldn't expect anything sensible from Ray
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, ok then...toss up between a female wolf spider and a grey banded hunstman then eh?

Whatever it WAS it is now living in next doors garden after being flung at very high speed over the fence on the end of the broom handle!

As for the orb spiders, we've got them living in the garden but don't bother us at all! Ha, I'm just so damn flippant now aren't I? "they don't bother us at all!" After spending years in the UK sh*tting myself about the creepy crawlies in Oz, I'm just a hardened Aussie now!

I still reckon the thing that brasses me off the most, insect wise, is the damn, buggerin', freakin' FLIES!!! Anyone found anything at all that stops the little bas**rds swarmin' n crawlin' all over you, your food, the tables, the chairs, the floor, the cat......?!!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:41 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I wouldn't expect anything sensible from Ray
The question was asked

I answered correctly ..
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>I still reckon the thing that brasses me off the most, insect wise, is the damn, buggerin', freakin' FLIES!!! Anyone found anything at all that stops the little bas**rds swarmin' n crawlin' all over you, your food, the tables, the chairs, the floor, the cat......?!!<<

I can't comment on the language, which I don't understand <g> but *can* confirm that Australian flies have been bred to actively seek out, and then enter, ANY and ALL orifices that the body possesses.

I don't remember UK flies being so keen on getting inside you!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

friend has a theory on this....

flies have figured out that the inside body temp is likely to be cooler than the outside air temp and that's why they want inside.... that and to lay lots of BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ekk!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:48 am

I will hypnotise him when he gets here lacey...LOL. We haven't had any cockroach problems yet... fingers crossed.

Our other spiders all had assisted escape so can't re photo them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.