Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Name one thing in the UK that is cheaper than in Australia

Name one thing in the UK that is cheaper than in Australia

Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:45 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name one thing in the UK that is cheaper than in Australia

Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:50 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

trying his best to justify his move.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Who me? Mine is justified. Saved in nearly 2 years what it would take in nearly 5 in UK. I live in a bigger house, I live closer to work, I'm feeling a lot healthier for the pleasure. Is that justification enough?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:04 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Who me ? Mine doesnt need to be justified, we are happier and healthier and as I work from bigger home no commute. No justification needed
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Isnt that what you constantly do with Sydney ?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:07 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

doh. i need no justification re sydney.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:08 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by chris955
Who me ? Mine doesnt need to be justified, we are happier and healthier and as I work from bigger home no commute. No justification needed
ditto
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:18 am
Banned

But you feel it was necessary to question one or both of us about having to justify the move ?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 12:00 pm
Daffyd Duck

defensive much?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 12:25 pm
Banned

Ditto
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Things that are cheaper?

- top flight private schools <$20k

- flights to NZ? <$500

- theme park entry < $100 per year

I'm sure I could list other things, but that's enough for now...
I'm not sure what private schools cost in the Uk or Australia. Presumably the quality and price varies tremendously. A top end place like Scotch College in melbuourne is $28000 AUD from a quick google...bargain!

Even if I was a billlionaire I would not sent my child to such a place. I went to a valley comp and managed to get myself to Birmingham University. My wife is also state educated with degrees from Imperial college London (8th in the world rankings) and the University of Adelaide...
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:37 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

going out for a sunday beer getting laggo then getting a cab home and having full sunday roast
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
I'm not sure what private schools cost in the Uk or Australia. Presumably the quality and price varies tremendously. A top end place like Scotch College in melbuourne is $28000 AUD from a quick google...bargain!

Even if I was a billlionaire I would not sent my child to such a place. I went to a valley comp and managed to get myself to Birmingham University. My wife is also state educated with degrees from Imperial college London (8th in the world rankings) and the University of Adelaide...
Private schools are cheaper in Oz. There is a comparison on another thread somewhere. You miss the point of private schools. Its not about getting you into uni, its about the extra opportunities it provides along the way. Sport, music, facilties, networks, etc
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beoz
Private schools are cheaper in Oz. There is a comparison on another thread somewhere. You miss the point of private schools. Its not about getting you into uni, its about the extra opportunities it provides along the way. Sport, music, facilties, networks, etc
I'm well aware of what private schools are all about. In my opinion your life opportunites are dictated most by the quality of your parents. My dad an AAA qualified athletics coach, keen footballer and avid cricketer made sure my sister and myself got plenty of sporting chances I can assure you. I got into rugby, field hockey and swimming specifically to annoy him!

As I say the quality of the independent sector varies enormously. I've come plenty of lost souls that have gone to elite public schools. I used to room with a guy in halls who was a product of Stowe, spent the year smoking cannabis before failing and bailing...
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Four days and counting...... Who.wants to be first for the Broomstick?!!
chris955 can have the broomstick, I'll have the basque, stockings and high heels!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.