Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Name 3 of your fave songs

Name 3 of your fave songs

Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:25 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Name 3 of your fave songs

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
The whole first album is a cracker, I've got some limited-edition playing cards too somewhere, they came with the cassette-tape single for 'Waking Up'.

My best gig moment was Glastonbury '95 bouncing along with Justine's boobs ... happy days.

That was before the drugs/ego/Blur/booze got involved ... with Elastica that is, not me
damn i was there the year before and she wasn't
dirty little mare singing about vaseline, what i wouldn't do...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:26 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippies
glastonbury

*sigh* will I ever go again
Maybe, whose to say not?

From 95 to 2004 I was a festival-going machine, I wouldn't mind getting to one in Oz but Glasto '95 was my first and best
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by gedge
damn i was there the year before and she wasn't
dirty little mare singing about vaseline, what i wouldn't do...
Another fine tune, short and to the point, actually that was the first I'd heard from them on some Radio 1 session ... might even have been John Peel.

Never have Ford Fiestas been made so desirable on an album track.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:29 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe, whose to say not?

From 95 to 2004 I was a festival-going machine, I wouldn't mind getting to one in Oz but Glasto '95 was my first and best
I'm definitely going to do a festival in Oz, I can't live without them. I've been going to Glasto for 10 years now. We emigrate on Jan 1st but bought return tickets as there wasn't much difference in the price....just happened to book the return flight day for the end of June

Mind you these days it's easy to get a kidney transplant than a glasto ticket, I've been very lucky to keep getting one through sheer persistence, can't see my luck lasting much longer
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:30 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Another fine tune, short and to the point, actually that was the first I'd heard from them on some Radio 1 session ... might even have been John Peel.

Never have Ford Fiestas been made so desirable on an album track.
there's plenty of food for thought that's for sure
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:00 am

I'm definitely going to do a festival in Oz, I can't live without them. I've been going to Glasto for 10 years now. We emigrate on Jan 1st but bought return tickets as there wasn't much difference in the price....just happened to book the return flight day for the end of June

Mind you these days it's easy to get a kidney transplant than a glasto ticket, I've been very lucky to keep getting one through sheer persistence, can't see my luck lasting much longer
Aha, another Jan 1st departee ... I'll be celebrating 3 years here on the 3rd (I think I left on the 1st ... t'was so long ago ).

No shortage of musical interest here, I fancy a bluesy festival myself, something a bit more laid-back as befits my advancing years, maybe down Byron Bay or something of that order ... might be a bit different to my last UK festival at Guildford
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:41 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, another Jan 1st departee ... I'll be celebrating 3 years here on the 3rd (I think I left on the 1st ... t'was so long ago ).

No shortage of musical interest here, I fancy a bluesy festival myself, something a bit more laid-back as befits my advancing years, maybe down Byron Bay or something of that order ... might be a bit different to my last UK festival at Guildford
Ah so I'm not the only loon that leaves on New Year's Day then

I haven't really looked into the festies much over there, but defo intend on going. Can't imagine a festival without my wellies on
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't really looked into the festies much over there, but defo intend on going. Can't imagine a festival without my wellies on
No, you're not...if our house had been sold that was our prefered leaving day - new year -new life!!!
but i don't know if you know but i'm getting slightly pee'd off with the housing market right now

sam
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by sammyg
No, you're not...if our house had been sold that was our prefered leaving day - new year -new life!!!
but i don't know if you know but i'm getting slightly pee'd off with the housing market right now

sam
Our house isn't even on the market yet
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:56 am

Wet festivals have been known, I think there have been a couple this year in QLD that have been muddy.

We got 80mm of rain overnight and the motorway was flooded so when it does decide to come down it doesn't tend to drizzle!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:00 am

Wet festivals have been known, I think there have been a couple this year in QLD that have been muddy.

We got 80mm of rain overnight and the motorway was flooded so when it does decide to come down it doesn't tend to drizzle!
Ooh then maybe I should bring my wellies..they are hand painted ones
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Our house isn't even on the market yet
catch up with you laters -off to school

xx
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by sammyg
catch up with you laters -off to school

xx
taters xx
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:42 am

Ooh then maybe I should bring my wellies..they are hand painted ones
Excellent, head for Nimbin and grab yourself some herbal remedies while yer at it
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:45 am

Excellent, head for Nimbin and grab yourself some herbal remedies while yer at it