Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My wife has left me....

My wife has left me....

Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My wife has left me....

Originally Posted by windog
Nope...the washing machine is definately on its way to that "great kitchen in the sky" I've wasted half the day messing with it and its definately bust! (no honest it was before I touched it!)

Luckily there is a launderette just down the road, now all I have to do is convince the kids to stop hiding all thier clothes all over the house.!
I got my kids novelty laundry bags you know the froggy ones etc. Now my kids love putting the clothes in the bags. I just have to carry them full to the machine

Oh dear about the machine
Mandy
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:59 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Have there been any viewers yet? I hope your house sells soon so you and your kids can join her again. Good luck with managing the household

Take care,
Miranda
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I got my kids novelty laundry bags you know the froggy ones etc. Now my kids love putting the clothes in the bags. I just have to carry them full to the machine

Oh dear about the machine
Mandy
unfortunately they are at an age (9 & 11) that "novelty" doesnt exist unless its "electronic"

Originally Posted by tum
Have there been any viewers yet? I hope your house sells soon so you and your kids can join her http://www.woolywonder.com/forums/im...lies/chava.gif again. Good luck with managing the household http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...achine-181.gif
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...others-293.gif

Take care,
Miranda
No viewers yet, but then it only went on the market last week, and in the local paper yesterday, heres hoping!

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Me too!! I was getting my speech ready "it'll get easier blah blah!!"

However looking after a house and kids won't I'm afraid. Is karen there yet? I'm inclined to feel more sorry for her out there on her own, let us know how she's gettin on
Just got an e-mail from her, she has arrived, tired & confused! (and she doesn't reccomend the "long way round" via LAX) she,s been to the hospital to "report in" and now back to the accomodation to shower & sleep!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hi windog (where did you get the name from?! or shouldnt I ask )

Glad wannabaussienurse has arrived safe and well, keep us updated with how she's getting on although I'm sure once she's had a good sleep she'll be on here herself.

Hows the housework going?! Its good practice for when you get to cairns anyway
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Hi windog (where did you get the name from?! or shouldnt I ask )

Glad wannabaussienurse has arrived safe and well, keep us updated with how she's getting on although I'm sure once she's had a good sleep she'll be on here herself.

Hows the housework going?! Its good practice for when you get to cairns anyway

I'll give you a clue... my surname is Godwin, and niwdog is too difficult to say!

(and you thought it was going to be interesting didn't you!)

Well I have read the kids the riot act.... they have tidied thier bedroom (supposedly...I havent checked yet!) and collected all thier washing together... thats now in the launderette, I've worked out how the hoover works, done the shopping (Fajitas for dinner!) and I keep going round the house piling stuff into bin bags to throw away, but there always seems to be more!

And yes... I think I'm down for being a "house husband" when I get to Cairns, untill I can find a job!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for clearing that up for me, windog, I wondered if maybe you had a flatulance problem

My husband is also in training as a househusband - the role he's going to take when we get to oz, so your not alone So far, you sound as if your doing ok, keep up the good work
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:49 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give you a clue... my surname is Godwin, and niwdog is too difficult to say!

(and you thought it was going to be interesting didn't you!)

Well I have read the kids the riot act.... they have tidied thier bedroom (supposedly...I havent checked yet!) and collected all thier washing together... thats now in the launderette, I've worked out how the hoover works, done the shopping (Fajitas for dinner!) and I keep going round the house piling stuff into bin bags to throw away, but there always seems to be more!

And yes... I think I'm down for being a "house husband" when I get to Cairns, untill I can find a job!
Hi
from another left behind to sort it all out person

my OH is in Sydney

never mind about the black bags I KNOW they breed at night just havent caught em in flagrante delicto yet

buy a new washer by all accounts australian ones are not as good as we have.

good luck
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Any more news on the wife
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:55 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

and I have 2 kids to bring up on my own

untill the house is sold and we can join her in Cairns

She (Wannabaussienurse) flew out of Heathrow yesterday so if anyone sees a confused pom wandering arround Cairns tomorrow ....please help!

How on earth I'm going to manage to keep the kids/house clean and tidy the kids fed, eventually pack up the stuff we are tking with us, and work I dont know yet...I'm only a man after all!

It all feels very strange at the moment, being on my own, but hopefully it wont be for too long.
Woman after my own heart
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Woman after my own heart
You didn't go to Cairns did you
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:04 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
You didn't go to Cairns did you
I've been spying on you...

No, I came out on my own for 7 weeks.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I've been spying on you...

No, I came out on my own for 7 weeks.
Yes I know.
I was winding the handle
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:19 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by Bix
Yes I know.
I was winding the handle
You won't be my Lionheart for much longer with that behaviour!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Any more news on the wife
Yes, she's in digs now, bought herself a car, started work on Monday at Cairns hospital, everything going ok so far!

We've accepted an offer on the house, so now its the usual "emigrating to Aus" feelings.....hurry up and wait! untill we get some progress on that front. Everything about emigrating seems to be so frustrating as you have no controll over any timescale.

Still hopefully it won't be much longer