Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My sister is pregnant!!!!! (Again)

My sister is pregnant!!!!! (Again)

Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default My sister is pregnant!!!!! (Again)

My Sister has just telephoned to tell me that I am going to be an aunt again. To say I am shocked is an understatement, she only just had a baby in May and he will only be 14 months old when the baby is due

This is bittersweet news as by the time she has the baby I will have moved to Melbourne. She had problems in her last pregnancy with diabetes and needed me there.... I know that this time I won't be around to help and that hurts. Also by the time I get to see the baby he/she will probably be at least 1year old and won't be a baby at all

Now reality is starting to sink in, this is the first time I have seriously wavered over going!!!! Not that this will stop us but I am now beginning to realise exactly what we leave behind.

Lau x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My sister is pregnant!!!!! (Again)

Big Congratulations to you and your family Lau.

It's great news!

Just bad timing for you. I'm sure that you will do all the webchat, email and phone things so I don't need to tell you that you will still be able to be there for your sister as moral support. I hope that she has an easier time of it 2nd time around - it's usually the case.

Sending big hugs. ((((()))))
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:10 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
My Sister has just telephoned to tell me that I am going to be an aunt again. To say I am shocked is an understatement, she only just had a baby in May and he will only be 14 months old when the baby is due

This is bittersweet news as by the time she has the baby I will have moved to Melbourne. She had problems in her last pregnancy with diabetes and needed me there.... I know that this time I won't be around to help and that hurts. Also by the time I get to see the baby he/she will probably be at least 1year old and won't be a baby at all

Now reality is starting to sink in, this is the first time I have seriously wavered over going!!!! Not that this will stop us but I am now beginning to realise exactly what we leave behind.

Lau x

Me and you mate

BUT !!!!.........they will be with us in our hearts and we can see all our loved ones on the webcam...... it will be right !!! ( hope )

(((((( hugs )))))
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:21 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

that is great news I hope all goes well! you will still be able to support her by msn and webcam or skype so you can see and talk to each other you just won't be able to give er a real hug just the cyber kind.

sending some to you now Babe

(((((HUGS)))))
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Big Congratulations to you and your family Lau.

It's great news!

Just bad timing for you. I'm sure that you will do all the webchat, email and phone things so I don't need to tell you that you will still be able to be there for your sister as moral support. I hope that she has an easier time of it 2nd time around - it's usually the case.

Sending big hugs. ((((()))))
Originally Posted by Issie
Me and you mate

BUT !!!!.........they will be with us in our hearts and we can see all our loved ones on the webcam...... it will be right !!! ( hope )

(((((( hugs )))))
Originally Posted by asher
that is great news I hope all goes well! you will still be able to support her by msn and webcam or skype so you can see and talk to each other you just won't be able to give er a real hug just the cyber kind.

sending some to you now Babe

(((((HUGS)))))

Thanks guys,

Right back at yah (((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))) )
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Lau x
congrats for your sis

my daughters are 14 months appart, its great watching them grow up togther...
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mands
congrats for your sis

my daughters are 14 months appart, its great watching them grow up togther...
I'm one to talk as I had 3 under 5...

I just worry how she is going to cope........ I know what she is headed for

She also has a daughter who is 8....

L x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Reedy, it is much better you have gone before the baby believe me. My sister's circumstances completely mirror your sisters. She had 2 baby girls 12 months apart when already having a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship. I was there with her all the way through her pregnancies even though she has a great supportive husband and got very very close to the little ones. I left in March when they were only nearly 3 and nearly 2 and the eldest 9 and a half. It has broken my heart, I miss them so much it hurts somedays and they ask me why they can't come to my house. The little ones used to spend alot of time with me as I was with my sister alot helping, they don't understand why they can't just just get on a 'prane' and come and see me. My sister and her husband struggle financially and we don't have any spare cash for a visit home anywhere in the near future so it kills me when I think it's gonna be a long time before I see them again. We all know that we can keep in touch via web cam etc., but it's not the same as picking them up and having 'snuggles'. I have already noticed the difference in my relationship with them as they are beginning to get shy when I speak to them whereas before they didn't leave me alone, that in itself is painful. Sorry, what I'm trying to say is although your sister probably does need your help it is better to go before the birth so she learns to cope without you and it won't hinder your settling in. I have really struggled at times over here as I worry so much about my sister and her girls, I really didn't think I would react like this at all as I consider myself a strong person, but it has affected me deeply. Good luck to your new move and your sisters impending new arrival.
S xx
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Streaks
Hi Reedy, it is much better you have gone before the baby believe me. My sister's circumstances completely mirror your sisters. She had 2 baby girls 12 months apart when already having a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship. I was there with her all the way through her pregnancies even though she has a great supportive husband and got very very close to the little ones. I left in March when they were only nearly 3 and nearly 2 and the eldest 9 and a half. It has broken my heart, I miss them so much it hurts somedays and they ask me why they can't come to my house. The little ones used to spend alot of time with me as I was with my sister alot helping, they don't understand why they can't just just get on a 'prane' and come and see me. My sister and her husband struggle financially and we don't have any spare cash for a visit home anywhere in the near future so it kills me when I think it's gonna be a long time before I see them again. We all know that we can keep in touch via web cam etc., but it's not the same as picking them up and having 'snuggles'. I have already noticed the difference in my relationship with them as they are beginning to get shy when I speak to them whereas before they didn't leave me alone, that in itself is painful. Sorry, what I'm trying to say is although your sister probably does need your help it is better to go before the birth so she learns to cope without you and it won't hinder your settling in. I have really struggled at times over here as I worry so much about my sister and her girls, I really didn't think I would react like this at all as I consider myself a strong person, but it has affected me deeply. Good luck to your new move and your sisters impending new arrival.
S xx

Thanks for sharing S,

My sister lived with me for a year too - I know that I am going to miss her so much!!!

I worry that if something goes wrong and she needs me I won't be able to get to her in time.....

We should be thankful that we have close relationships with our siblings I guess because many do not...

Sending you hugs too ((((()))))
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing S,

My sister lived with me for a year too - I know that I am going to miss her so much!!!

I worry that if something goes wrong and she needs me I won't be able to get to her in time.....

We should be thankful that we have close relationships with our siblings I guess because many do not...

Sending you hugs too ((((()))))
Thanks Reedy, somedays I really need that - living in a house full of males (hubbie + 3 sons) it's sometimes really difficult to get any of them to understand how I'm feeling so consequently I don't mention it.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Reedy, somedays I really need that - living in a house full of males (hubbie + 3 sons) it's sometimes really difficult to get any of them to understand how I'm feeling so consequently I don't mention it.
I am sure we can commiserate / celebrate our families with each other on here!!

When you need a hug let me know....

Lau x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am sure we can commiserate / celebrate our families with each other on here!!

When you need a hug let me know....

Lau x
That goes for you too, thanks Lau
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That goes for you too, thanks Lau
Thanks you might regret that offer when you are all hugged out

Lau xx
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

I'm one to talk as I had 3 under 5...

I just worry how she is going to cope........ I know what she is headed for

She also has a daughter who is 8....

L x
i had 3 under 5 also...my eldest was 8 weeks prem only weighing 2ibs
and never slep till she was 5 years old...its gonna be hard but its all worth it....i think now they are 3 cheeky know it all teenagers
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mands
i had 3 under 5 also...my eldest was 8 weeks prem only weighing 2ibs
and never slep till she was 5 years old...its gonna be hard but its all worth it....i think now they are 3 cheeky know it all teenagers
Mine are 12, 10 and 7 and I wouldn't change a single thing....

Well maybe the tantrums and cheek

Lau xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.