On my own

Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On my own

Originally Posted by Wendy
Aw Sas, sorry to hear things are crap

If it makes you feel any better you aren't the only one who had a blazing row yesterday But things are fine again this morning, even though I packed a bag last night.
Hugs to you Sarah, and Wendy, and everyone else who's Christmas has involved similar arguments. Thought I'd avoid it this year, but no, we managed to fall-out before he departed for Woop Woop with the MIL. 24 hours of peace and tranquility now.......

.....and MIL's parting shot as they drove away "you can get your fancy man in now while he's away, isn't that what all you girl's do nowadays" - I'd like to think it was a joke, though I don't think it's her sort of humour. The Bloke definitely won't see it that way

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 24th 2007 at 2:05 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hugs to you Sarah, and Wendy, and everyone else who's Christmas has involved similar arguments. Thought I'd avoid it this year, but no, we managed to fall-out before he departed for Woop Woop with the MIL. 24 hours of peace and tranquility now.......

.....and MIL's parting shot as they drove away "you can get your fancy man in now while he's away, isn't that what all you girl's do nowadays" - I'd like to think it was a joke, though I don't think it's her sort of humour. The Bloke definitely won't see it that way
C'mon Pollyanna, you have the technology, use it!

A quick call to the right people to report a fast moving bushfire and the suggestion that Elvis is required before it all gets out of hand....

That should fix it nicely for you

Merry Christmas

WW
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:25 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

So how long have we got? <g>
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:35 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a lot of crap flying about. Thankfully, we're not arguing - just very sad and homesick, but at least we're united!

I hope you all manage to resolve your arguements and have a more peaceful Christmas day.

hugs to all those in need
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:49 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully peace and goodwill to all men/women will reign supreme today,tomorrow and forever..............

Until then just think that the lucky country will shine upon you and the worries and weather of the U.K. is at least 10000 miles away,"live the dream". Only you can set you free,all people die but not many people REALLY live.

Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:54 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
So how long have we got? <g>
24 hours, maybe a bit longer

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
C'mon Pollyanna, you have the technology, use it!

A quick call to the right people to report a fast moving bushfire and the suggestion that Elvis is required before it all gets out of hand....

That should fix it nicely for you

Merry Christmas

WW
Actually as they have now left for her place, just as the BOM called with a storm warning, I asked their duty guy if he could arrange a nice storm over Woop Woop later

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 24th 2007 at 2:57 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 5:09 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
Hopefully peace and goodwill to all men/women will reign supreme today,tomorrow and forever..............

Until then just think that the lucky country will shine upon you and the worries and weather of the U.K. is at least 10000 miles away,"live the dream". Only you can set you free,all people die but not many people REALLY live.

Merry Christmas.
pissing rain here mate
Old Dec 24th 2007, 5:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
pissing rain here mate
And blowing a gale here. Live the dream? The dream is so dead, its under the patio.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful weather here today (a big change for Xmas in SA). About 28 - 30 degrees, with a lovely breeze.

It's been a fab day so far Feels more like Christmas than last year
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:04 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

And blowing a gale here. Live the dream? The dream is so dead, its under the patio.
How sad is this, I had to wear a pair of socks with me shorts
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
How sad is this, I had to wear a pair of socks with me shorts
I hope you had sandals on with the socks...then you'd REALLY look like a pom.......
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Beautiful weather here today (a big change for Xmas in SA). About 28 - 30 degrees, with a lovely breeze.

It's been a fab day so far Feels more like Christmas than last year
Good for you Wend - glad things seem to have settled down. My eyes are so red from crying that I look like a person with red eyes that has been crying

One more day to go.

Didn't think Christmas would affect me as badly but have been really 'down' not homesick - just children sick. I am normall never 'down' as I get frightened I wont get back 'up' - but I must admit I have had a shitty day. Feeling sorry for myself - just glad that it is almost time to put on a film and stop making small talk.

Thanks again for everyones kind words.

Best wishes to all and lets see what the morning brings
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:50 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Good for you Wend - glad things seem to have settled down. My eyes are so red from crying that I look like a person with red eyes that has been crying

One more day to go.

Didn't think Christmas would affect me as badly but have been really 'down' not homesick - just children sick. I am normall never 'down' as I get frightened I wont get back 'up' - but I must admit I have had a shitty day. Feeling sorry for myself - just glad that it is almost time to put on a film and stop making small talk.

I hope the morning brings you some peace and tranquility Sas, you certainly deserve it
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear

One more day to go.

I had the missing kids bit too, probably what got me in the shitty mood which started the argument Felt a little better this morning because we were woken up by the telephone and it was my son wishing me a happy christmas - it's the first time he's rung me!.

It must be a lot worse for you as both your are back there, at least I have my other two here to distract me from it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day, and if not get yourself out bargain hunting in the sales
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:14 pm
Banned

I hope you had sandals on with the socks...then you'd REALLY look like a pom.......
I only went out on the porch for my obligatory ciggies and if a car came down the road Id make sure to roll the socks right down lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.