Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My FMIL!!!!!!! Anyone got one?

My FMIL!!!!!!! Anyone got one?

Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default My FMIL!!!!!!! Anyone got one?

SHE'S DOING MY F ING HEAD IN!!! ARGH!!!!!

JUST F OFF WILL YOU BITCH...............

Phew, that feels better... Anyone else having the MIL tell everyone she hates you cos your taking all her grandchildren away all bar one.. She thinks we should stay so she can have a relationship with the kids, yet Si dosnt get to see them as he has to work all hours to pay the F ing bills!! yet i know they wont go away, yet at the same time, he wont need to work as many hours in OZ, currently not had a day off in over 2 mths!! 12 hr days too.....

Get real MRS MIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys xxxx S-j x

Last edited by Sue; Feb 28th 2007 at 12:09 am. Reason: Moved to Barbie
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My FMIL!!!!!!! Anyone got one?

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe

Phew, that feels better... Anyone else having the MIL tell everyone she hates you cos your taking all her grandchildren away all bar one.. She thinks we should stay so she can have a relationship with the kids, yet Si dosnt get to see them as he has to work all hours to pay the F ing bills!! yet i know they wont go away, yet at the same time, he wont need to work as many hours in OZ, currently not had a day off in over 2 mths!! 12 hr days too.....

Thanks guys xxxx S-j x
Whoa - just hope she doesn't become a silver surfer or you'll be even more out of favour

My sincere sympathies - mine is mild by comparison
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Thanks guys xxxx S-j x
HA HA HA!!! Best laugh ive had in ages! and exactly what mine is like too!!! saying exactly the same....stick it out im sure reason will see its way through soon enough!!.....If not tough!! When we first mentioned it we were told they would never ever come.....now the MIL is planning wheres shes going to visit....may have helped promising to buy her a ticket
hell dont go THAT far!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Shes usually ok, but mention oz and she has to be chained to the bed while her head starts doing a 360 while shes chuckin out verbal..... remind you of anything?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Speargun,

Dont know about the free ticket! There's no way she's comin out for at least 3 yrs she says! So she's that bothered about her relationship with the kids!

She aint comin till we buy our acreage with a SEPERATE living area!! We are gonna have Steve 'o build it better tell him

S-j x
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys xxxx S-j x
My sympathies. I have a great MIL. My husband on the other hand has a totally crap one. Rather him than me
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I like my MIL.

For every birth of a child of ours, she comes over for 2-3 months and does all the housework and supports her cracking daughter. She is a decent person.

I feel sorry for the MIL abuse in general.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:24 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys xxxx S-j x
Been there, done that.

My MIL is arriving for a 3 week stint with us next week and to be honest she has come around to the idea of us being here, now that we have been here 8 months. Whether or not she pulls a few emotional stunts whilst she is here remains to be seen.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:42 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I like my MIL.

For every birth of a child of ours, she comes over for 2-3 months and does all the housework and supports her cracking daughter. She is a decent person.

I feel sorry for the MIL abuse in general.

Well done

I know what you mean about the abuse.
I wasn`t particularly close to mine, but she passed away 6 months before we emigrated and it certainly put things in perspective
Not ALL MIL`s are bad.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mashy and Badge is back,

Not saying she's a complete Nut, just a lot of one when we talk Oz at all other times she's ok... Dont get too het up i was only sounding off as she just threw a shit fit at us again.... which we understand to a degree, but she's very selfish and dosnt take into account her sons quality of life with his kids... Life dosnt revolve around her, you cant please everyone...

Was just venting some anger on here which enables me to grin and bear it when she's sounding off at me........... Bitch!

S-j xx Sorry about your MIL Mashy...
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Mashy and Badge is back,

Not saying she's a complete Nut, just a lot of one when we talk Oz at all other times she's ok... Dont get too het up i was only sounding off as she just threw a shit fit at us again.... which we understand to a degree, but she's very selfish and dosnt take into account her sons quality of life with his kids... Life dosnt revolve around her, you cant please everyone...

Was just venting some anger on here which enables me to grin and bear it when she's sounding off at me........... Bitch!

S-j xx Sorry about your MIL Mashy...
My MIL is a silly bloody cow............she makes me sick.
When we first started our application, she refused to give us her birth cert ( to verify our sponser was her brother)
She phones the other half when I am in bed, so its all secret talk. When I visited her during my trip back in October, she waited until I left, then phoned Mick and told him I never said goodbye?????????? What the F did I do..........sneak out through the letter box.
She then dumped ALL the chrissie pressies on me as she is too tight to post them, resulting in me having to pay 65 quid surplus baggage at Heathrow.
Finally, the day before I left the UK, him indoors phoned me to ask if I could 'nip' back up his mums. Now I have no transport, and have to get 3 buses then a half an hour walk to get there. ALL his family have cars and not one bugger offered to pick me up.
When I said I couldnt do it, he said that his mum had a chrissie pressie for me to pick up. Told him that I already had all the pressies............then he said that his mum had a little extra one just for him..............needless to say I didnt bloody go!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My MIL is a silly bloody cow............she makes me sick.
When we first started our application, she refused to give us her birth cert ( to verify our sponser was her brother)
She phones the other half when I am in bed, so its all secret talk. When I visited her during my trip back in October, she waited until I left, then phoned Mick and told him I never said goodbye?????????? What the F did I do..........sneak out through the letter box.
She then dumped ALL the chrissie pressies on me as she is too tight to post them, resulting in me having to pay 65 quid surplus baggage at Heathrow.
Finally, the day before I left the UK, him indoors phoned me to ask if I could 'nip' back up his mums. Now I have no transport, and have to get 3 buses then a half an hour walk to get there. ALL his family have cars and not one bugger offered to pick me up.
When I said I couldnt do it, he said that his mum had a chrissie pressie for me to pick up. Told him that I already had all the pressies............then he said that his mum had a little extra one just for him..............needless to say I didnt bloody go!!!!
The thing is how can you tell which women will transform in to a 'MIL'.
These 'horrors' were normal women once too presumably.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

I also thought me MIL was a bit of a nightmare before we left Sheffield and moved over to AUS. Stupid me!!

Now 7 months later after I have had the kids solidly on my own over xmas for 9 weeks that they were off I would do anything to have her back again.

Your kids look even younger than mine on your avatar so all I can say is good luck. We came over here to get more time as a family,yeah right.