Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My first week - piccies!

My first week - piccies!

Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My first week - piccies!

Can't really do an update as I have only been here a week but here are some piccies for you.

Gordon at Byford kennels, Port Kennedy beach, Rockingham beach and North Fremantle Beach.

Gobbyjocks dog Molly, whom I might add has a fettish for washing suncream off people - hence burnt patches on various parts of my body.

Just a few pictures really, I would take a photo of Mr PP doing his shopping which he really enjoys doing here as he finds there is quite a bit of choice to suit him and his 'creativity' in the kitchen, but I won't.
Attached Thumbnails My first week - piccies!-g.jpg   My first week - piccies!-g1.jpg   My first week - piccies!-molly.jpg   My first week - piccies!-nf.jpg  

Last edited by Cheetah7; Mar 15th 2008 at 12:07 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:30 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first week - piccies!

And some more...
Attached Thumbnails My first week - piccies!-r1.jpg   My first week - piccies!-r2.jpg   My first week - piccies!-r4.jpg  
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Can't really do an update as I have only been here a week but here are some piccies for you.

Gordon at Byford kennels, Rockingham beach and North Fremantle Beach.

Gobbyjocks dog Molly, whom I might add has a fettish for washing off suncream off people - hence burnt patches on various parts of my body.

Just a few pictures really, I would take a photo of Mr PP doing his shopping which he really enjoys doing here as he finds there is quite a bit of choice to suit him and his 'creativity' in the kitchen, but I won't.
Sam,

So pleased to see you and Gordon together - you both look really well

Hope you are enjoying yourself and Mr PP's cooking

Lau x
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:31 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're settling in OK PP
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:31 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam, sounds like you having a fab time , Gordons looking well ! .

nice pics , thanks for sharing .

S.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:35 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see Gordon arrived safe and sound. Hope the sunburn's healing. How are you both feeling now you've had a few days to get your heads together?

Gill
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Reedy
Sam,

So pleased to see you and Gordon together - you both look really well

Hope you are enjoying yourself and Mr PP's cooking

Lau x
I cannot wait until Gordon comes home to be honest. He shouted his head off when we left.

We get the keys to our house on 7th April.

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hope you're settling in OK PP
When I first arrived I missed my tiny flat considerably, each time I thought of it I wanted the security of it and my possessions.

Now when I think of my flat I feel claustrophobic. I love the space here to be honest and the vast array of colours. London to me had little colour although I still loved it and still do. But I am enjoying the scenery for now, it might not last forever but I do intend to take one day at a time and enjoy it.

Having travelled in Europe, there was never that pull for me to do it again. But as I say, none of us know what the future holds but for now, I am liking where I am and never realised just how much of a rush I was in back in London until I came here and have had to go down a few gears.

Probably when homesickness kicks in I will get cross with the rules and regulations of the country and yearn for the rules of the UK, but I am trying to prepare myself now that the UK way isnt necessarily the best way.

And hope for the best I guess.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi Sam, sounds like you having a fab time , Gordons looking well ! .

nice pics , thanks for sharing .

S.
Gordon is looking well, I thought that. The staff seem incredibly caring and Gordons cat igloo is stuffed with toys, plus two different kinds of food for him to choose from.

I am counting the days till he gets released. Got to work out how to get him from Byford back to the house, but will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:44 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Sam, I can't believe you guys have finally made it, nice one enjoy
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by herrchook
Glad to see Gordon arrived safe and sound. Hope the sunburn's healing. How are you both feeling now you've had a few days to get your heads together?

Gill
Sunburn itchy and each time I put cream on the dog salivates to try and lick it off. Shes licked off the cream from Mr PPs legs and he had to reapply twice.

My legs look as though I have been slapped, they are going brown but in ridiculous looking patches.

Feeling better now though. Going in to Subiaco on Monday to meet Dorothy - cant wait and really need to get my resume out there for a job.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot wait until Gordon comes home to be honest. He shouted his head off when we left.

We get the keys to our house on 7th April.

When I first arrived I missed my tiny flat considerably, each time I thought of it I wanted the security of it and my possessions.

Now when I think of my flat I feel claustrophobic. I love the space here to be honest and the vast array of colours. London to me had little colour although I still loved it and still do. But I am enjoying the scenery for now, it might not last forever but I do intend to take one day at a time and enjoy it.

Having travelled in Europe, there was never that pull for me to do it again. But as I say, none of us know what the future holds but for now, I am liking where I am and never realised just how much of a rush I was in back in London until I came here and have had to go down a few gears.

Probably when homesickness kicks in I will get cross with the rules and regulations of the country and yearn for the rules of the UK, but I am trying to prepare myself now that the UK way isnt necessarily the best way.

And hope for the best I guess.

Gordon is looking well, I thought that. The staff seem incredibly caring and Gordons cat igloo is stuffed with toys, plus two different kinds of food for him to choose from.

I am counting the days till he gets released. Got to work out how to get him from Byford back to the house, but will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I haven't felt homesick - which surprised me. Even when I get calls from the UK, it is nice to speak to the people but I am not missing being there....

My cat is very vocal and is always in mischief!!! I love her so much even though my legs are cut to ribbons.....

April 7th isn't too long away - you will find that the time flies by. It seems to be going much quicker for me here but that might be because I am so active...

Lau x
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Reedy
I haven't felt homesick - which surprised me. Even when I get calls from the UK, it is nice to speak to the people but I am not missing being there....

My cat is very vocal and is always in mischief!!! I love her so much even though my legs are cut to ribbons.....

April 7th isn't too long away - you will find that the time flies by. It seems to be going much quicker for me here but that might be because I am so active...

Lau x
Gordon refused to come down from his tower at first and when he heard my voice, he came down shouting his head off, stuffing his face into mine and purring so loud his body was heaving with effort.

He was so pleased to see us and it was even harder leaving him.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon refused to come down from his tower at first and when he heard my voice, he came down shouting his head off, stuffing his face into mine and purring so loud his body was heaving with effort.

He was so pleased to see us and it was even harder leaving him.
You will be with him soon enough - if he's anything like my old cat he won't talk to you properly for a few hours just to let you know that he is put out and then when he feels you have suffered enough will be back to normal

It is nice to see that he looks so well and he looks content in the pictures too....

I bet it's nice to be able to leave towels out for a change Make the most of it

Lau x
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You look great. And Gordon seems quite content there at Byford. Can't wait for Monday. I'm usually finished work at 4, but really any time is fine with me. Give me a shout in the day and we'll work out where to meet.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You look great. And Gordon seems quite content there at Byford. Can't wait for Monday. I'm usually finished work at 4, but really any time is fine with me. Give me a shout in the day and we'll work out where to meet.
Will do.

Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:02 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Oi oi - glad you're settling in Sam.

Was it all worth it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.