Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My daughter learnt to swim today!

My daughter learnt to swim today!

Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice
Default Re: My daughter learnt to swim today!

Well done to your daughter. I know just how proud it makes you as my daughter aged 8 started squad training in Jan and yesterday had her first competition. She has managed to get herself into a state final in Adelaide on 17th March. Can't believe she will be competing against so many children across Adelaide.

Julia.xxx
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:20 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
Sorry - bit of a mumsy thread

My oldest, who's soon to be 5, swam her first strokes today
When we started swimming regularly a couple of months ago, she had little confidence in the water and would only jump in with her ring on and one of us to catch her (even then it took her minutes to convince herself!).

Well, today we were in the outdoor pool and I looked at her and though 'she's swimming!'. I asked her if she was putting her feet down and had to watch a few more times to convince myself! But, yes swimming fairly well. Then she said 'look, I'll do it underwater too' - and she did. I'm so proud of her

I felt a bit bad too, as I was telling everyone how my youngest would probably swim first - as she has a much more natural action in the water.

Just goes to show how quickly they become confident with regular visits.
Will save me a fortune in lessons too! And at least she be happy when she starts school swimming lessons.

R
They can suprise you can't they, terrific!!! Our son (5) is gets swimming lessons twice a week to get his - as it's called in Holland - A diploma. He's doing great and it's another step forward .
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest daughter has started swimming now, so thought I'd better add to the thread for her Practically self taught, with some encouragement from me - well done little India
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest daughter has started swimming now, so thought I'd better add to the thread for her Practically self taught, with some encouragement from me - well done little India
Well done India, my little mate
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw bless. Well done India (lovely name BTW)
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fraser and Wendy! She's very pleased with herself - won't be long before she's swimming faster than her sister - her movement is much more natural - Amelia only really swims well underwater
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:02 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fraser and Wendy! She's very pleased with herself - won't be long before she's swimming faster than her sister - her movement is much more natural - Amelia only really swims well underwater
Yes my daughter is now spending more time underwater trying to be a mermaid. Too much "Mermaida".

Have now moved from one on one classes to a small group of 3 kids - she thinks its great because they are all older.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:59 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh well done to the little ones starting swimming its great isn't it?

We enrolled our little Oli on a daily swimming course last week at our local pool, he couldn't swim at all. Today he got his 10 metre badge, we are so proud of him!

Daughter did her 400m yesterday too!

jackie x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:19 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

The worst thing I ever did was take our middle son to swimming lessons

now I have to get up at 4.30 in a morning so he can train 2 mornings a week, 5 evenings a week and 5.30 on a saturday morning, not to mention competitions, which we travel round the country for and this weekend i get to spend 2 whole days at a gala

But we do love the little water bugger

Congratulations to all the little tadpoles who are learning to swim it really is the best thing ever.

Swim mom
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:40 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations, that is wonderful, I bet you are glad she proved you wrong

Kim
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:32 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2

now I have to get up at 4.30 in a morning so he can train 2 mornings a week, 5 evenings a week and 5.30 on a saturday morning, not to mention competitions, which we travel round the country for and this weekend i get to spend 2 whole days at a gala

Congratulations to all the little tadpoles who are learning to swim it really is the best thing ever.

Swim mom

Good on him! get him training for the London Olympics!

Jackie x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:15 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what he is aiming for apparently, that or professional footballer, but who to swim for GB or Oz... the choice is his.

As long as he remembers who was driving him around at that time, I deserve that gold medal.

I did put a request in though for the 2012 olympics to be in the maldives apparantly not enough room

Kaye
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My daughter learnt to swim today!

Well done Amelia and India!

Now they will have to teach our two!

Buzzy
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wardy2

Swim mom
My son is at the nippers slsc at anglesea it gives him so much knowledge and confidence in the ocean
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:14 pm
Just wanna be there

paul and Lynz will become famous soon enoughpaul and Lynz will become famous soon enough

Sorry - bit of a mumsy thread

My oldest, who's soon to be 5, swam her first strokes today
When we started swimming regularly a couple of months ago, she had little confidence in the water and would only jump in with her ring on and one of us to catch her (even then it took her minutes to convince herself!).

Well, today we were in the outdoor pool and I looked at her and though 'she's swimming!'. I asked her if she was putting her feet down and had to watch a few more times to convince myself! But, yes swimming fairly well. Then she said 'look, I'll do it underwater too' - and she did. I'm so proud of her

I felt a bit bad too, as I was telling everyone how my youngest would probably swim first - as she has a much more natural action in the water.

Just goes to show how quickly they become confident with regular visits.
Will save me a fortune in lessons too! And at least she be happy when she starts school swimming lessons.

R
that is great news, you must be really proud of her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.