Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

Isn't real or is it?

Funny fashion sense.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Isn't real or is it?

Funny fashion sense.
Just loved this series - found it fascinating too...

But yes, I had to giggle when the florist said "Pink bridesmaid dresses, yes good for flowers. What kind of pink?" And the reply "Bright pink - marker pink - you know the highlight marker pens?"
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw one of these last night, first time. Whilst I don't get the toilet roll cover dresses, I was impressed with the behaviour of the teenage girls. They may dress like slappers but they have very strong standards and morals. Some young girl wearing a dress that weighed twice as much as her for her holy communion was odd but religion was obviously important. Bit of an eye opener really.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I saw one of these last night, first time. Whilst I don't get the toilet roll cover dresses, I was impressed with the behaviour of the teenage girls. They may dress like slappers but they have very strong standards and morals. Some young girl wearing a dress that weighed twice as much as her for her holy communion was odd but religion was obviously important. Bit of an eye opener really.

Nicer behaviour than the boys who do a 'grabbing' when they like a girl

Bit caveman wasnt it. Wonder how often that turns into rape
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Nicer behaviour than the boys who do a 'grabbing' when they like a girl

Bit caveman wasnt it. Wonder how often that turns into rape
That was horrible

I must admit I found it very interesting at how much respect the girls have for their parents and how they acted so differently from how they looked.

I did think it was sad that the bride left school at 11 to look after her 9 brothers and sisters but she seemed happy and after all that is what girls do and men bring the money home!

It was also interesting how the bridegroom would not let them film the inside of his caravan as he had not cleaned and decorated it yet.They are very house proud.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

It's a programme we "have" to watch but then find ourselves groaning and squeeking at their "differences".

We too thought that whilst they look appalling they do behave quite well. Do you see the gyrating though? In a wedding dress? All shades of wrong, as was her "evening" or perhaps it was her going away outfit!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it on Youtube and cannot rid the memories in my head of the gypsies breaking in to my neighbours van, stealing his tools - he ran after them, caught them and went to get the tools back to be told '**** off they belong to us'.

Nor can I get past the memory of them trying to grab my little whippet through a fence.

Fascinating though the program was, I hate them - I am sorry but I hate them, everything they do is done by intimidation and aggression, even at some of their wedding receptions they have been kicked out for fighting etc. Saying that, there are probably a lot of decent people in their community and the kids grow up learning from their parents.

What I want to know, is those weddings are not cheap - how do they afford it?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

There is a good mark up in the Peg and Heather Business!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

They are all totally loaded, have you seen their mansions back in Ireland/Romania?

Lots of money in stealing scrap metal and extorting money from old people to tarmac their drives.

and, of course they pay no tax.

Last edited by renth; Jun 23rd 2011 at 1:56 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
They are all totally loaded, have you seen their mansions back in Ireland/Romania?

Lots of money in stealing scrap metal and extorting money from old people to tarmac their drives.
I prosecuted a few in my previous life - one old lady we came across had spent something like 165,000 pounds having her driveway done, new roof and double glazing on a small 2 bedroom bungalow!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
There is a good mark up in the Peg and Heather Business!!!!

I remember this 'sweet gentle old lady' with no teeth, asking me to buy some lucky heather and when I refused she told me to '**** off and I would be doomed with bad luck' and launched into a load of abuse and a lot of swearing.

Seriously, I detest them - and remember my sister having to have police protection as she was threatened by a gypsy family for getting them done for shoplifting.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

I remember this 'sweet gentle old lady' with no teeth, asking me to buy some lucky heather and when I refused she told me to '**** off and I would be doomed with bad luck' and launched into a load of abuse and a lot of swearing.

Seriously, I detest them - and remember my sister having to have police protection as she was threatened by a gypsy family for getting them done for shoplifting.
Sounds like you've had a few bad experience but "detest them" is a bit of a generalization, I'm sure there is some very decent ones aswell.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by overthemoon
Sounds like you've had a few bad experience but "detest them" is a bit of a generalization, I'm sure there is some very decent ones aswell.
You've obviously not experienced how threatening they can be.

We used to live in an agricultural area (I know that's a surprise to some ) and they used to come weekly to hare course. This involved parking outside my isolated house, blocking roads, trying to run myself or my husband off the road etc.

I would dread returning home and seeing any of their vehicles, my first thought was "what have they done with my dogs" - they had the reputation to kill peoples pets, just because we didn't let them get away with trashing our fields and crops!

Can you now understand detest? To say there's some nice ones is absolutely fair, I'm sure there were nice Nazis too.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

Come on now if someone came on & said they detested Aborginals there would be a outcry as we know many of them are thiefs etc.. but i have met some really nice ones too there's good & bad everywhere, I wouldn't know about Nanzi's before my time in afraid :lol
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:44 am

I watched it on Youtube and cannot rid the memories in my head of the gypsies breaking in to my neighbours van, stealing his tools - he ran after them, caught them and went to get the tools back to be told '**** off they belong to us'.

Nor can I get past the memory of them trying to grab my little whippet through a fence.

Fascinating though the program was, I hate them - I am sorry but I hate them, everything they do is done by intimidation and aggression, even at some of their wedding receptions they have been kicked out for fighting etc. Saying that, there are probably a lot of decent people in their community and the kids grow up learning from their parents.

Originally Posted by overthemoon
Excuse me but 'a few bad experiences'? try EVERY experience. And I did say if you care to look in an earlier post about there probably being some decent ones.

Try having your sister put under police protection because some of those travellers are thieving bastards and didnt like being caught for shoplifting.

Try working as a veterinary nurse and seeing the barbaric way they treat their pets, greyhounds used for coursing, both legs broken from being trained on rough ground with pot holes, try watching a policeman crying as you have to destroy a dog so badly damaged it is the only thing you can do.

And yes, cruelty to animals goes on in all walks of life, but in our veterinary hospital EVERY bloody single case was travellers. Try seeing your colleague too scared to go home because the caesarian we did on a Jack Russell that had NO veterinary care during her pregnancy, lost all the puppies and the travellers wanted to bash my colleague, because violence is the only language they understand.

Try having to watch those little shits in your neighbours garden break into the shed, and when you call the cops - by the time they come, the pikies have gone but you know that they have seen you so you wait for them to come back.

Yes I hate them, I hate their guts - I despise them for the things I have seen, for what happened to my sister, to my friends, to the animals that they abuse - oh yes, go to Southall horse market in Middx, and watch what they do to their horses.

If they do not want to be hated, then they have to stop stealing, stop obtaining by dishonesty, violence and intimidation and maybe, just maybe people may view them in a different light and the decent travellers that exist amongst them will overshine the tossers.

You cannot go through life being a thieving violent hateful intimidating bastard, blame it on your past or history and expect to play the sympathy card.

Many people that use violence in their lives, or have sexually abused children will say it is because the same happened to them and no way does that make it acceptable.

The only way you can change how people view you, is to change yourself and stop blaming the past on everything, grow a set of balls, man up and not only start behaving yourself, but teach your kids the same values.

A few bad experiences? Try walking a mile in the shoes of those of us that have had first hand experience of them because until you do, you have no idea at all - nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.