Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

Originally Posted by Streaks
in that case if you swapped phone numbers I'd get her address and take a photo of the damage
yep, the bitch, i would also have told her i would be taking legal advice due to her abusive behaviour especially to minors
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
yep, the bitch, i would also have told her i would be taking legal advice due to her abusive behaviour especially to minors
Yehp I agree with that whole heartedly, however the worst possible outcome of this, is paying an excess fee of of your insurance. I doubt it will even come to that.

Herrchook, you do need to inform your insurance company though.

BTW, if you go to an assessor, all they do is justify their fee by uping the anti. Trust me I know... Thats the first port of call that Kenyons (and i'm always going on that people should use Kenyons especially against uninsured people) use. You only really need an assessor in this country, if you dont want to pay your insurance, or the person your claiming against is uninsured.

Hope the little one is ok, bit of a steep learning curve, that everyone isn't nice, and that some adults get stupid over silly things.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

She probably got home and was throughly ashamed of herself. Hopefully it will come to nothing. As a previous poster said, let your insurance company know in case, but I reckon this is the last you'll hear of it.

On a lighter note, I was abused by a guy whose exhaust fell off his car infront of me. He suddenly slammed his brakes on and flew out of his car and started shouting at me for no reason. (Guess he must have thought I ran into him??) Then he saw his exhaust lying on the floor. Tried to pick it up, burnt his hand, swore at his car and drove off in a cloud of smoke making a terrible noise. I bet he felt stupid!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

How awful. I hope your little one is OK.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:06 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Just pulled up at the petrol station and 5yo opened the car door and it made contact with the car next to it. I didn't hear or see it as I was o nthe other side getting the little one out of the back.

First I knew the owner of the other car was ranting and raving about keeping your kids under control!!!!

To be honest, at first I didn't even believe her as the mark on her car was so tiny (like a little scuff (no scratch or dent) of a few mms which a good wax will prob sort). Anyway, she then threatened to go to the police at which point 5yo burst into tears and says "Mummy I did do it". I immediately told the raving lunatic that she'd owned up and that I'd sort it. She calmed a little but jeez, why do do some people have to swear so much???

I've given her my number and told her that "if" it needs repairing, she should call me with at least 2 quotes.

Watch this space, she'll probably insist on getting the whole panel resprayed!!

My poor little girl was absolutely terrified by the whole experience (was shaking myself as i hate confrontation). You know, you'd think the wing was hanging off her car the way she was going on.
God Gill, that must have been awful for you guys. Hope you kids are ok with it all.

Ginny x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Did she get your number plate or whatever it is called over there? If not when she calls you could just say "who is this, sorry I am not sure what you are talking about, when was this supposed to have happened, what time,day, date, you have the evidence it was my car ie paint match, cctv?" .
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:38 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Just pulled up at the petrol station and 5yo opened the car door and it made contact with the car next to it. I didn't hear or see it as I was o nthe other side getting the little one out of the back.

First I knew the owner of the other car was ranting and raving about keeping your kids under control!!!!

To be honest, at first I didn't even believe her as the mark on her car was so tiny (like a little scuff (no scratch or dent) of a few mms which a good wax will prob sort). Anyway, she then threatened to go to the police at which point 5yo burst into tears and says "Mummy I did do it". I immediately told the raving lunatic that she'd owned up and that I'd sort it. She calmed a little but jeez, why do do some people have to swear so much???

I've given her my number and told her that "if" it needs repairing, she should call me with at least 2 quotes.

My poor little girl was absolutely terrified by the whole experience (was shaking myself as i hate confrontation). You know, you'd think the wing was hanging off her car the way she was going on.
Tell her you'll sue for emotional distress to your daughter. What a meanie...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

People like that need stringing up, I had something similar in the uk, no damage to the car but the guy turned the air blue. I told him to turn the language and threatening behaviour in but he carried on. I then told him to wait 10 mins while I took my son home then I'd come back and we'd sort it out like men. Should have seen the gutless twat, got straight back in his car and drove off.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:01 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, i totally forgot to get her number, I just gave her mine. She's not got my address so if she wants to claim then she's going to have to call me so I'll get it then.
shame you didn't give her a false number !

hope you and ellie are ok.

Jackie x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:42 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
shame you didn't give her a false number !

hope you and ellie are ok.

Jackie x
Thanks Jackie, and everyone else. We still haven't heard anything - not sure whether that's a case of no news is good news or if they're just taking their time. Sigh. On a brighter note, Ellie seems to have totally forgotten so that's a good thing.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:06 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jackie, and everyone else. We still haven't heard anything - not sure whether that's a case of no news is good news or if they're just taking their time. Sigh. On a brighter note, Ellie seems to have totally forgotten so that's a good thing.
That's the main thing in all of this.

Glad to hear that she's okay. Aren't little ones so very resilient?

All the best,

Maggie
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:01 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

It's making me mad just thinking about it
I agree with the others - if she calls tell her you'll be suing her for the distress caused to your 5 year old.
I bet she won't call though - probably realises what a fool she made of herself
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:37 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

It's a shame you're not on the Sunshine Coast - you could've got my other half to sort out it out for her (he's a panel beater/sprayer)... but sounds like she was a bit of a mental case anyway...
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

I hate careless people that have no regard for other people's property and would be very upset if I caught someone dinging my car. I look after my car and would expect my door resprayed if it happened to me.:curse:

However there is no excuse for her having a go at a child and I hope she doesn't get a penny from you.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:52 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
I hate careless people that have no regard for other people's property and would be very upset if I caught someone dinging my car. I look after my car and would expect my door resprayed if it happened to me.:curse:

However there is no excuse for her having a go at a child and I hope she doesn't get a penny from you.
It's not the penny's I'm worried about it's the dollars lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.