Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:25 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

Just pulled up at the petrol station and 5yo opened the car door and it made contact with the car next to it. I didn't hear or see it as I was o nthe other side getting the little one out of the back.

First I knew the owner of the other car was ranting and raving about keeping your kids under control!!!!

To be honest, at first I didn't even believe her as the mark on her car was so tiny (like a little scuff (no scratch or dent) of a few mms which a good wax will prob sort). Anyway, she then threatened to go to the police at which point 5yo burst into tears and says "Mummy I did do it". I immediately told the raving lunatic that she'd owned up and that I'd sort it. She calmed a little but jeez, why do do some people have to swear so much???

I've given her my number and told her that "if" it needs repairing, she should call me with at least 2 quotes.

Watch this space, she'll probably insist on getting the whole panel resprayed!!

My poor little girl was absolutely terrified by the whole experience (was shaking myself as i hate confrontation). You know, you'd think the wing was hanging off her car the way she was going on.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My 5 yo just caused damage to a car !!

Originally Posted by herrchook
Just pulled up at the petrol station and 5yo opened the car door and it made contact with the car next to it. I didn't hear or see it as I was o nthe other side getting the little one out of the back.

First I knew the owner of the other car was ranting and raving about keeping your kids under control!!!!

To be honest, at first I didn't even believe her as the mark on her car was so tiny (like a little scuff (no scratch or dent) of a few mms which a good wax will prob sort). Anyway, she then threatened to go to the police at which point 5yo burst into tears and says "Mummy I did do it". I immediately told the raving lunatic that she'd owned up and that I'd sort it. She calmed a little but jeez, why do do some people have to swear so much???

I've given her my number and told her that "if" it needs repairing, she should call me with at least 2 quotes.

Watch this space, she'll probably insist on getting the whole panel resprayed!!

My poor little girl was absolutely terrified by the whole experience (was shaking myself as i hate confrontation). You know, you'd think the wing was hanging off her car the way she was going on.
Sorry to hear that mate, I hope the little one's ok
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:29 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Sorry to hear that mate, I hope the little one's ok
Cheer mate, she's still upset now. Despite me saying it wasn't needed, she insisted on calling Mike to tell him she "had crashed the car". Poor thing, that mad woman really terrified her. I would have understood her reaction if it was proper damage but it was teeny (you could hardly see it for dust).
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that - hope you've all calmed down! (Have you got the wine out yet? - I know I would!!)

Thanks for today - it was lovely!

Ruth
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:31 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Cheer mate, she's still upset now. Despite me saying it wasn't needed, she insisted on calling Mike to tell him she "had crashed the car". Poor thing, that mad woman really terrified her. I would have understood her reaction if it was proper damage but it was teeny (you could hardly see it for dust).
Even then it would be wrong she's just a small kid.

You should have poked her in the eye
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:35 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Poor thing, i hope shes ok (your little one that is)

Talk about over react!

i had someone do that to my car whilst my eldest was sat in there, the woman just looked at Amy, then got in the car and took off, I think she thought Amy would lip her when she told me i just shrugged and said its just a car!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I think people forget sometimes what little ones are like and have no understanding, I hope it gets sorted without too much financial hassle.
S xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:39 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Pootle
Sorry to hear that - hope you've all calmed down! (Have you got the wine out yet? - I know I would!!)

Thanks for today - it was lovely!

Ruth
Ruth, I was shaking like a leaf, I'm such a wimp. I stood my ground with her though and didn't cave into her bullying. I told her, I wasn't trying to rip her off but with her attitude, why would I take her word over my daughters. Of course, I then had to eat humble pie when Ellie owned up but that's OK, I don't have a problem with saying when I'm wrong.

Thanks for coming over, it was good to catch up.

Gill
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:39 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by fraser
Even then it would be wrong she's just a small kid.

You should have poked her in the eye
lol, that's almost exactly what my 3 yo said when we got back in the car lol.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:40 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Sam
Poor thing, i hope shes ok (your little one that is)

Talk about over react!

i had someone do that to my car whilst my eldest was sat in there, the woman just looked at Amy, then got in the car and took off, I think she thought Amy would lip her when she told me i just shrugged and said its just a car!
you're so right.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Ruth, I was shaking like a leaf, I'm such a wimp. I stood my ground with her though and didn't cave into her bullying. I told her, I wasn't trying to rip her off but with her attitude, why would I take her word over my daughters. Of course, I then had to eat humble pie when Ellie owned up but that's OK, I don't have a problem with saying when I'm wrong.

Thanks for coming over, it was good to catch up.

Gill
The damage was probably there already - I bet Ellie hardly touched it.
It's awful when someone has a go though, I would've been shaking too!

It'll be ok, she'll probably calm down later and not even bother to get any quotes!

Take care,

Ruth
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:42 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Streaks
I think people forget sometimes what little ones are like and have no understanding, I hope it gets sorted without too much financial hassle.
S xx
Oh Gawd, me too. It really is an insignificant mark, but with her attitute I suspect she'll make a fuss and insist on the wing being resprayed or something.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:43 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Pootle
The damage was probably there already - I bet Ellie hardly touched it.
It's awful when someone has a go though, I would've been shaking too!

It'll be ok, she'll probably calm down later and not even bother to get any quotes!

Take care,

Ruth
Fingers crossed. Ellie's finally stopped crying now poor lamb.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:45 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

There's no excuse for being abusine to / in front of a young child, particularly if you can see they are distressed by the whole situation. Good on you for not punching the woman.

If she comes back with quotes for damaged caused, insist on an independent assessment. Maybe then you could threaten to sue her for emotional distress caused to your daughter :-)
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Gawd, me too. It really is an insignificant mark, but with her attitute I suspect she'll make a fuss and insist on the wing being resprayed or something.
in that case if you swapped phone numbers I'd get her address and take a photo of the damage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.