Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mullaloo Beach, Australia Day

Mullaloo Beach, Australia Day

Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:02 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mullaloo Beach, Australia Day

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Nah i want to be in the pig n whistle when fluffs kicks off with his 'ennngeerrland ennngerland eenngerlaaand chants
You have SOooooo got me wrong!

Yes, my hair is short, yes, I have several tatts....but - wrong I tell you! You will not catch me in the Pig & Whistle EVER, shouting Ennnngeeerland!!! I have a little bit of 'couth' about me! Not much - but a little goes a long way!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:03 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
why is the such such rivalry perth v east coast ????? i dont understand it

can someone please explain it???
I feel sorry for those in Alice they must suffer terrible headaches from all the shouting back and forth
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I think I must live in your parallel world. Me and mine tend to avoid areas where Brits tend to congregate so don't often witness what Fluffy has experienced. My friends are a mix of Australians, S Africans and Brits who don't tend to abuse and barrack passers by - maybe I should move.
Steady there sme - you know enjoying life in Perth is not allowed on this website.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:04 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
why is the such such rivalry perth v east coast ????? i dont understand it

can someone please explain it???
There isn't!!!

It's not rivalry at all - I personally love Perth to pieces just dont want to live there! This is all about my opinion - yeah, it's like an asshole - it stinks and we all have one!

Anyway, I see this as friendly debate - like for like. It's good to get people's views on different places!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:05 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Steady there sme - you know enjoying life in Perth is not allowed on this website.
Don't worry I'm of to confession tonight and am sure I'll be handed down a hefty penance
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:06 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
it's like an asshole - it stinks and we all have one!

Indeed but some are smellier than others
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't!!!

It's not rivalry at all - I personally love Perth to pieces just dont want to live there! This is all about my opinion - yeah, it's like an asshole - it stinks and we all have one!

Anyway, I see this as friendly debate - like for like. It's good to get people's views on different places!
but it always ends up with someone saying how crap perth is compared to ?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:09 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
So what did you witness personally in Perth that made you think this and how many suburbs in Brisbane have you been to? Just trying to see what you are basing your opinions on of course. You can't tell me that there aren't idiots that drink in the Pig & Whistle or any other UK style pub around Australia. You haven't seen it therefore it doesn't happen.

I agree though whatever nationality these folk are proven to be they should be ashamed of themselves.
Hi NB ,i know for me i have seen perth change over the last 20 years and i was here before a lot of the northern suburbs as they are now existed .
For some reason brits come here and they go to the extremities of perth ie rockingham or joondalup area and with the popularity of british/irish styled pubs these days it seems to generate more of a costa del sol type of attitude towards the country they live in ,i am refering to the english here and not the other inhabitants of the british isles .
It seems to be the english bovver boy idiot that seems to be causing tthe trouble around joondalup these days .
I think the pomburbs are nothing better than over priced ghettos full of all the social problems that come along with them .I have friends who live in the pomburbs and their lives are preoccupied by gossip and innuendo ,i hardly know anyone in the old baily for instance but i know what all the goss is ie ''i know who is having an affair with who '','' i know the cliches '' and i know who to avoid at all costs .
Although i am no lover of australian society in general [to materialistic for me] ,i do believe brits should try and intergrate more or is it a case of young english/scottish/welsh/irish lads being prejudged by their australian peers and always on the brunt of ''POM'' jokes and this slowly grinding away at them that the young english [not so much scots/irish,welsh]getting the hump and have retreated to their own cliches . JUst a theory to me and maybe im looking to deep into it .
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:11 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You have SOooooo got me wrong!

Yes, my hair is short, yes, I have several tatts....but - wrong I tell you! You will not catch me in the Pig & Whistle EVER, shouting Ennnngeeerland!!! I have a little bit of 'couth' about me! Not much - but a little goes a long way!
I know matey,now hold real still while i take that big hook out of your gob
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Hi NB ,i know for me i have seen perth change over the last 20 years and i was here before a lot of the northern suburbs as they are now existed .
For some reason brits come here and they go to the extremities of perth ie rockingham or joondalup area and with the popularity of british/irish styled pubs these days it seems to generate more of a costa del sol type of attitude towards the country they live in ,i am refering to the english here and not the other inhabitants of the british isles .
It seems to be the english bovver boy idiot that seems to be causing tthe trouble around joondalup these days .
I think the pomburbs are nothing better than over priced ghettos full of all the social problems that come along with them .I have friends who live in the pomburbs and their lives are preoccupied by gossip and innuendo ,i hardly know anyone in the old baily for instance but i know what all the goss is ie ''i know who is having an affair with who '','' i know the cliches '' and i know who to avoid at all costs .
Although i am no lover of australian society in general [to materialistic for me] ,i do believe brits should try and intergrate more or is it a case of young english/scottish/welsh/irish lads being prejudged by their australian peers and always on the brunt of ''POM'' jokes and this slowly grinding away at them that the young english [not so much scots/irish,welsh]getting the hump and have retreated to their own cliches . JUst a theory to me and maybe im looking to deep into it .
I am not saying these things don't exist KK. I don't get myself embroiled into any of that kind of thing. My neighbours are all Australian and my daughters friends are predominantly Australian. I have never been called a bladdy pom by anyone and have witness no antisocial behaviour. I have been in the Old Bailey twice in the almost 3 years I have lived here.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:31 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think it has something to do with the parallel world I live in. i don't experience or see things other folk do
Completely agree. We have had more antisocial behave from our Aussie neighbours than any poms.
3am this morning they were playing loud music for 2 hours!! Went over once to ask them to turn it down they had the garage door open and the stereo set up in there, the bloke was so pissed could hardly speak!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Completely agree. We have had more antisocial behave from our Aussie neighbours than any poms.
3am this morning they were playing loud music for 2 hours!! Went over once to ask them to turn it down they had the garage door open and the stereo set up in there, the bloke was so pissed could hardly speak!!
I suggest the next time you go,take some wire cutters,worked for me
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:44 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

The Northern suburbs are always getting bad press on here. Try going down to Rockingham for a day out!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
The Northern suburbs are always getting bad press on here. Try going down to Rockingham for a day out!
twice as many bogan aussies down there though
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Seen the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CZSbdaUdrA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.