Mud Huts And Goats.

Old May 8th 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Default Mud Huts And Goats.

OK,

Things are getting VERY serious. All the stuff we can do at this end are all done, just waiting on a case officer. Have front-loaded the lot.

Had a conversation with BH tonight and discussed the fact that alot of Asian individuals come over to England and build a good standard of living despite, being as green as grass and being rarely able to speak English etc.

We have a very good standard of living, own a big house with very little mortgage in a nice area with good jobs.

What the hell are we doing????!!!

Huuuuuuuuuuuuge wobble!!

ARE WE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!

It's all we talk about. She lives on www.realestate.com.au (it helps her get over her wobbles)

Why the hell would anyone in their right mind want to move to country that they have never been to before?

The words BRAVE and / or STUPID are banded about in my own head - let alone people we know.

Moving to Adelaide on a permanent visa.

Guess I'm just a big old fart in the breeze. If anyone has a few bits of encouragement - a rag to clean the rose tinted - then this is the time.

Flash.

Last edited by Lordflasheart; May 8th 2006 at 10:34 pm. Reason: Typo
Old May 8th 2006, 10:46 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mud Huts And Goats.

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
OK,

We have a very good standard of living, own a big house with very little mortgage in a nice area with good jobs.

Flash.
Sometimes your current situation is okay - but you could do better. This is why alot of people are indeed moving. It is a gamble but definitely worth taking.

We moved to Melbourne - had alot of other choices but in life you choose your own path.

Kiwi
Old May 8th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
Sometimes your current situation is okay - but you could do better. This is why alot of people are indeed moving. It is a gamble but definitely worth taking.

We moved to Melbourne - had alot of other choices but in life you choose your own path.

Kiwi

Thanks for bothering to reply my friend. I'm not typing for effect - we've spent the money - I guess it's crunch time.

my reservations are huge - ANYONE who can help us out here would be hugely appreciated.

Having a severe moment.
Old May 9th 2006, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for bothering to reply my friend. I'm not typing for effect - we've spent the money - I guess it's crunch time.

my reservations are huge - ANYONE who can help us out here would be hugely appreciated.

Having a severe moment.
It's natural to have the wobblies, IMO it would be cause for concern if you didn't.
I think most people decide It will be worse not ever knowing what could have been than going and in the end deciding it wasn't for them.

We have been in Melbourne for three years and though it's a great place, we still get the wobblies, every now and then, breaking down and if we'd had a ticket back, we would be on the first plane but it is a conscience decision for us that this is where you want to be! Very often we let our emotions guide us but we need to be logical too.

Don't think it's going to be easy...it's NOT but very few things worse achieving are...Good Luck

Anyway, a few cliches thrown in there for good measure but it's the truth
Old May 9th 2006, 1:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK,

Things are getting VERY serious. All the stuff we can do at this end are all done, just waiting on a case officer. Have front-loaded the lot.

Had a conversation with BH tonight and discussed the fact that alot of Asian individuals come over to England and build a good standard of living despite, being as green as grass and being rarely able to speak English etc.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuge wobble!!

ARE WE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!

It's all we talk about. She lives on www.realestate.com.au (it helps her get over her wobbles)

Why the hell would anyone in their right mind want to move to country that they have never been to before?

The words BRAVE and / or STUPID are banded about in my own head - let alone people we know.

Guess I'm just a big old fart in the breeze. If anyone has a few bits of encouragement - a rag to clean the rose tinted - then this is the time.

Flash.
Quite normal to feel like this. It will pass but come back again several times before you move over.

If it's not right when you have been here a while, you have only lost money which most of us can ill afford to do but life is to be lived - sometimes on the edge so give it a go and get out of the comfort zone
Old May 9th 2006, 2:43 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Having a severe moment.
You are doing the right thing - It would appear like all of us that we are looking ahead and saying to ourselves we deserve better and want something better.

Having recently arrived and in the midst of anxiously looking for a job, rental and the delivery of our container I have never felt so certain. Every time I have a dealing with a local or go for a drive - Friendly people, Helpful people, Wide streets, you can smell the fruit and vegetables - something I miss from being brought up in NZ.

My wife was terrified but knew it was the right decision. She was worried about racial abuse (from some she suffered during her school times here) and especially during the Sydney riots. Making new friends and getting to know her way around a relatively new city too her.

What were your reasons for seeking a new life in Oz? and in Adelaide?

What things are specifically worrying you? We found it good to list them down and attack/eliminate them. A big thing we have found is you do suffer alot of problems during the migration but its the assistance and absolute resolution to solve them that changes your life.

Kiwi
Old May 9th 2006, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

You are doing the right thing - It would appear like all of us that we are looking ahead and saying to ourselves we deserve better and want something better.

Having recently arrived and in the midst of anxiously looking for a job, rental and the delivery of our container I have never felt so certain. Every time I have a dealing with a local or go for a drive - Friendly people, Helpful people, Wide streets, you can smell the fruit and vegetables - something I miss from being brought up in NZ.

My wife was terrified but knew it was the right decision. She was worried about racial abuse (from some she suffered during her school times here) and especially during the Sydney riots. Making new friends and getting to know her way around a relatively new city too her.

What were your reasons for seeking a new life in Oz? and in Adelaide?

What things are specifically worrying you? We found it good to list them down and attack/eliminate them. A big thing we have found is you do suffer alot of problems during the migration but its the assistance and absolute resolution to solve them that changes your life.

Kiwi
Hi Kiwi,

The reasons we are moving to Oz? Well, it's a bit strange really. We've been kind of "funneled" into going. The guy who trained me 13 years ago has just taken up a position in Adelaide and wants me to go work for him.

Bh's hospital is being descaled from a full A & E to a minor injuries unit with a big knock on effect to my job. So, if we stay, both of our jobs will change for the worse. She has a job already in Adelaide.

I don't want things to be as dull as they are for the next 27 years until I retire.

There is no school for my eldest to attend next year here.

The list is endless as to why we should go.

I just feel like we are all jumping into the abyss.
Old May 9th 2006, 10:23 am
Melbourne Australia

Hi Lordflasheart,

Dont despair, you aren't alone in your fears - and likewise not in the excitement

BE will keep your chin up when problems arise and folks on hear really can understand and share the up's.

Sounds in your case like a brilliant opportunity and good on you for giving it a go. Between myself and wife we have already moved country 5 times. And each time was well worth the move.

Kiwi
Old May 9th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
get out of the comfort zone

You are exactly right. Thanks moneypen.

Not wobbling quite so much today.
Old May 9th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lordflasheart,

Dont despair, you aren't alone in your fears - and likewise not in the excitement

BE will keep your chin up when problems arise and folks on hear really can understand and share the up's.

Sounds in your case like a brilliant opportunity and good on you for giving it a go. Between myself and wife we have already moved country 5 times. And each time was well worth the move.

Kiwi

Thanks kiwi.

maybe i'm just a bit stressed out with it all. What you've written here helped - a lot.

Flash
Old May 9th 2006, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lordflasheart]
Leaving the comfort zone you are in and going into the uncertain future you are bound to feel this way. But you must know in your own hearts that you have the courage and confidence still in you to carry on with this quest. No doubt the grass is not always greener, but you could always return to UK at a later date. The important thing is to secure your future then you have choices.

We are going through all these emotions , particularly as you say having spent all our savings on agents, medicals etc., house on market - feeling of no going back.

I am also terrified that if we dont get visa people will think the worst as we have had 2 failed attempts at going abroad, 1 to Florida where we bought a house, and 1 to NZ where we did not quite qualify for points at the time.

Hope you can see a rosy future - k-sent - keep your chin up
Angelaxx