Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The BE Most Selfish Visitor - 2008

The BE Most Selfish Visitor - 2008

Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: The BE Most Selfish Visitor - 2008

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have recently had someone invite themselves over for a month - now I know how it will turn out, I know their selfish ways and I know that it will cause rows - I just know.

In fact it will be worse than I imagine it to be because I know the person very well. Which is why I said 'Oh you can stay over the weekend but it will be best if you rent an apartment, probably cheaper for you and you will have the freedom to come and go as you please'. This didn't go down too well as they were 'hoping to save money and bring a bit of spending money'.

After reading some truly shocking stories on this site with regards to visitors, some funny, some unbelievable and some quite sad, I reckon we should have a contest for the most selfish visitor from the UK to Australia.

Things like:

Did they invite themselves and you have no choice?

Did they contribute financially and with the housework?

How did they treat you/your family?

Did they cause loads of rows between you and your partner?

We can see who has had the worst/funniest visitor and give each other tips on how to cope.

Because if this person turns up on my doorstep then I really will poke out my own eyes with a teaspoon.

So who has had the most selfish visitor, who has had the most unbelievable or shocking behaviour?

How have you dealt with it?

We should have a poll at the end and could present the selfish gits with a BE trophy to see if they take the hint.

Over the past 5 years we have had numerous visitors....the worst were MY famiy.
However we have just had Micks sister and her family here for 3 weeks, and they were absolutely fantastic!! Bets visitors ever!!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
"Who are you?"
Love your location!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:48 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone asks to stay with me I shall say the following:

'We have house rules which are:

1. No smoking and no you may not go outside every five minutes to fag it and drop butt ends in my garden.

2. No coming back early hours pissed out of your head, giggling and bringing dropouts from local clubs in Freo - I have to get up at 5.30 am and you will be mindful of this.

3. You may not bring people back - even yourself.

4. My cat and dog live here you dont and you will put up with them and allow them to rip up your clothes.

5. You will contribute to water rates and electricity - I will work out a fair sum for you to pay on arrival and no, the air con will not be left on 24/7 as we only have one unit in the front room - use it and you will be charged per second.

6. You will buy your own food and cook it and you will clean up after yourselves.

7. You may only urinate once a day, otherwise there is a bucket in the shed.

8. The redback spiders are part of my family - I love them, you will learn to love them.

9. Each day we go hunting for dugite snakes(?) you will share in the love I have for these.

10. You will only be allowed to have your bowels open once a day - any more and it means you eat alot and must have eaten my food - you will not do this.

11. You will not speak unless spoken to and not breath unless asked to do so.

12. Would you now like the name of the apartments for rent down the road?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

ha ha ha love it, the amount of people that are saying they want to come and see me is unreal and quite worrying.

Maybe I will just forget to give them my new number and address.