Mooncup update...

Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:50 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mooncup update...

All of you who already have one of these - could you check the instructions for me?
I know that after having a baby they suggest not using tampons for the first 6 weeks because of the risk of infection.... but can you use a mooncup? I'm dreading having to wear those giant maternity pads for 6 weeks!!! It'd be nice to know that the mooncup was an option (after my bits stopped hurting, that is...)

Cheers!

W
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
All of you who already have one of these - could you check the instructions for me?
I know that after having a baby they suggest not using tampons for the first 6 weeks because of the risk of infection.... but can you use a mooncup? I'm dreading having to wear those giant maternity pads for 6 weeks!!! It'd be nice to know that the mooncup was an option (after my bits stopped hurting, that is...)

Cheers!

W

There paperwork doesn't say. I'm in med school - trainee doctor. I'd suggest that you dont use a mooncup for at least six weeks, as a similar risk of infection exists.....this is also the length of time we wait too fit coils.

(Of course, the minipill can be given while breastfeeding and will normally stop your monthly bleeds.....killing two birds with one stone. Don't want anymore kids for the next 3 yrs or so? Try implanon - the little implant that goes in your arm)
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers!

W
Hi chuck
I'm looking through the instructions for you but see no mention of pregnancy.. However, you can contact customer service advisors on :

[email protected] or visit the website.

If the flow is super heavy afterwards, then I don't see why you can't use it with possibly a pad.... It does say that cups have never been associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome because it doesn't support the growth of bacteria. I guess it depends on how long after you've had your babe you want to start using it.
If you've had him by section, then it might be fine, but otherwise, you'd have to wait for the lower bits to recover before using.

HTH.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Mooncup update...

Originally Posted by annqldau
You'll know when you get it correct you can feel it just go over the bone.... any Men reading??? Scared yet???
Yes but Not scared, I don't have to use it
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Hi chuck
I'm looking through the instructions for you but see no mention of pregnancy.. However, you can contact customer service advisors on :

[email protected] or visit the website.

If the flow is super heavy afterwards, then I don't see why you can't use it with possibly a pad.... It does say that cups have never been associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome because it doesn't support the growth of bacteria. I guess it depends on how long after you've had your babe you want to start using it.
If you've had him by section, then it might be fine, but otherwise, you'd have to wait for the lower bits to recover before using.

HTH.
I'm 99.99999999999% sure that the mooncup advice line will say no.

It's not actually about having a vag birth vs C section, it's the time it takes for the uterus to go back to normal....while it's getting back to normal, it's still more susceptable to infection.

I would strongly advise you to keep the mooncup, tampons & coil out out for at least 6 weeks after the birth. Of course, ultimately the choice is yours (mini pill - no periods!)

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Nov 15th 2006 at 9:48 pm. Reason: Still can't bloody well spell!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:59 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the advice! The mini-pill sounds like a good idea. I was wondering whether that was ok or not.
Still like the idea of the mooncup - will give one a go when things get back to normal.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'm 99.99999999999% sure that the mooncup advice line will say no.

It's not actually about having a vag birth vs C section, it's the time it takes for the uterus to go back to normal....while it's getting back to normal, it's still more susceptable to infection.

I would strongly advise you to keep the mooncup, tampons & coil out out for at least 6 weeks after the birth. Of course, ultimately the choice is yours (mini pill - no periods!)
Heck, yes, this is what I meant when I said about how long after having a babe you'd want to try it! (I shouldn't write in the mornings -or before the caffeine's kicked in!) I wouldn't do it in the first 6 weeks, but what I meant about a vaginal birth compared to section is the probably bruising plus any episiotomy/natural tear stitching... I wouldn't put a mooncup anywhere near me until that was totally healed up anyway. Then I guess your pelvic floor muscles may not be in tip top spec, and those are useful for the mooncup, keeping it in place. Obviously no vaginal bruising with a section, if there's no trial of labour before hand... but still... you need the 6 week check up before doing any of that.
I'm more of a 'free flow' sort of girl anyway and the lochia can be really heavy in those first weeks and I'm not convinced the mooncup would hold it anyway!!!
I think prob after the usual 6 week check they'd ok it but def check with your doc.

As for pads, I find the really posh 'night time' Always, with wings are more comfy and thinner, plus they don't 'wander' whilst you're wearing them.

Last edited by iPom; Nov 16th 2006 at 7:27 am.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:24 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Ok - so if I order one online, I have an option of the "Mooncup" or the "Diva Cup" in the USA. Anybody got an opinion on the "Diva Cup"?

I checked out the website (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DivaCup-Diva-...yphotohosting) and had a look at some photos.

Very similar, but the mooncup has a thicker rim? The price is pretty much the same.

Any comments on whether the thicker rim is better or not? Its still made of the same surgical grade silicon.

Whaddya think Mooncup users?

Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:27 am
Account Closed

Ooooh, I don't think that looks as substantial as the mooncup, plus the end is shorter on that. At least with the moon cup you've got the option to cut it as short as you require. No choice with that one.
Mooncup for me.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:35 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Ooooh, I don't think that looks as substantial as the mooncup, plus the end is shorter on that. At least with the moon cup you've got the option to cut it as short as you require. No choice with that one.
Mooncup for me.
i agree the stem on the diva cup looks very short. Even after trimming my mooncup stem is longer than that and it can sometimes still be a bit fiddley to remove. Mooncup for me too.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:03 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Mooncup update...

Ok - so if I order one online, I have an option of the "Mooncup" or the "Diva Cup" in the USA. Anybody got an opinion on the "Diva Cup"?

I checked out the website (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DivaCup-Diva-...yphotohosting) and had a look at some photos.

Very similar, but the mooncup has a thicker rim? The price is pretty much the same.

Any comments on whether the thicker rim is better or not? Its still made of the same surgical grade silicon.

What exactly is 'surgical grade silicon', does that mean it's the same grade as false tits?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Mooncup

Hey got to post,was reading this thread but never wrote as I don't need anything,but got in the mail this morning a flyer from Wakefield council about the new bin pick up times,we live in Knottingley,and there was a advert for Mooncups,couldn't believe it.What on earth are they putting the ad in with the bin info for I'll never know. forgot to say that it said you can get them for £17.
Cheers Lorri

Last edited by supersonic4; Nov 16th 2006 at 1:36 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:26 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ladies.

Never tried the mooncup, but do eye it up everytime i go in boots. just such a chicken what if you can't get it out
Now i know i am opening myself up for all sorts of pisstakes and feel free as i will laugh along
But, i am being serious, how hard is it to get out? and doesn't the 'contents' slosh about a bit
all replies welcome
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:31 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Originally Posted by annqldau
What exactly is 'surgical grade silicon', does that mean it's the same grade as false tits?
I dont know if its the same as what they use for boob implants, but I do know it means there is no latex in it. (no risk of allergic reactions)
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:49 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if its the same as what they use for boob implants, but I do know it means there is no latex in it. (no risk of allergic reactions)
I see, would be terrible someone going into anaphylaxis and nobody thinking to look for the mooncup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.