monkey bars!

Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:43 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default monkey bars!

Since arriving in Oz has anybody else's child suffered an injury after misjudging a manoeuvre on the monkey bars?

My 6 year old broke her arm last week at school after a dangerous dangling malfunction!

And I thought fresh air and exercise was good for you!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: monkey bars!

My prep daughter is obsessed with them - but luckily only has a lovely collection of blisters so far
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!

Luckily my daughter is happy with the swings (for now! )
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:55 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

I anticipate many more trips to the hospital as the cast was only set friday morning and same afternoon she was climbing on them again, as we collected older sister.

Some people never learn!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:45 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
Since arriving in Oz has anybody else's child suffered an injury after misjudging a manoeuvre on the monkey bars?

My 6 year old broke her arm last week at school after a dangerous dangling malfunction!

Hey Ditto!
6 year old daughter with greenstick(?) fracture in arm!
Now climbing them with arm in cast!

Andrew
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:58 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

it must be the inferior Australian playground equipment to blame
joking of course
i hope your daughters arm heals well and she enjoys all the attention you get having a plaster cast as a kid
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:12 pm
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

Her 'street cred' will rise to a high level

I understand the concern, i too broke my arm playing 'leap-frog' on the grass, accidents do happen - my mates loved my plastercast! Its a great way to strike up conversations - you're kid will be well happy at the attention.

I've just had a thought - i might turn up in OZ with a broken arm or leg or something

Just joking - my comment is from the child perspective and if my child broke their arm, I'd be equally concerned.

Fresh air, exercise is good for you.

Don't worry too much.

Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:27 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Not a playground accident but my youngest broke 2 bones in her foot when she was three - was in plaster up to her knee but it didn't stop her bouncing on the trampoline! That's kids! She loves monkey bars too but no more broken bones. . . . . yet!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Crow
My prep daughter is obsessed with them - but luckily only has a lovely collection of blisters so far

My daughter has paid the price of learning to go across them with weeks of blisters as well.

I think that social pressures of playground force the young humans to endure the pain in order to be able to get to the other side.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:43 am
locked in the attic

Originally Posted by binbird
Not a playground accident but my youngest broke 2 bones in her foot when she was three - was in plaster up to her knee but it didn't stop her bouncing on the trampoline! That's kids! She loves monkey bars too but no more broken bones. . . . . yet!
My daughter's happy as Larry with her new cast, it's a funky purple waterproof one, very 21st century!

I'm just worried now for the impending compensation claims when she takes out another kids teeth, flailing her arm around on those pesky monkey bars.

Dental bills are huge here.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

no injuries just yet, but my youngest loves them and yesterday at the park, i had to untangle him from them - how he'd managed to get himself so caught up i'll never know. Arms and legs all over the place.