Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Missing sunny old sheffield???

Missing sunny old sheffield???

Old Mar 29th 2006, 1:44 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing sunny old sheffield???

Originally Posted by ub40fan
my dad uses that on just about everything but his sunday lunch, and that's only cos my mother would kill him if he did!

He also uses something called non brewed condiment instead of vinegar! it is made in Swinton next to the school I used to go to (or was) and it is thoroughly disgusting stuff
I love it on my sunday dinner

never heard of the other stuff???
Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:55 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I love it on my sunday dinner

All I can say is "don't go looking for it", but next time you're in a chippy see what vinegar they have on the shelf, and if it has a label that isn't sarsons but is something with a blue AMB logo on it, chances are that it is the grossest stuff on earth!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:58 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

its usually next to the vinegar - its actually acetic acid with colouring and flavouring added.....mal likes it (but then he is an odd bugger, as you know ..... )

'endersuns will have to be shipped out to us kay......nowt better than a bit of 'endersuns on leeky mash
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
its usually next to the vinegar - its actually acetic acid with colouring and flavouring added.....mal likes it (but then he is an odd bugger, as you know ..... )

'endersuns will have to be shipped out to us kay......nowt better than a bit of 'endersuns on leeky mash
Sounds very peculiar

aye we'll have it shipped in, here's their website http://www.hendersonsrelish.com/
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds very peculiar

aye we'll have it shipped in, here's their website http://www.hendersonsrelish.com/

OOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they ship to aus (but not usa ... haha!) but its £16 a litre!!!!!!!

it will be worth it

ps leeky mash is thinly sliced leeks sauteed in butter then mixed up with mashed potato - yummy!!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:09 pm

it will be worth it

ps leeky mash is thinly sliced leeks sauteed in butter then mixed up with mashed potato - yummy!!
pmsl well I didnt think it was mash leaking out of the plate

We will have to share a bottle £16 is outrageous int it, I'm gonna fill me container with it.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:13 pm

We will have to share a bottle £16 is outrageous int it, I'm gonna fill me container with it.

lol.....just looked in the cupboard and the 3 (!??) bottles i have are 284ml and cost 89p each........flamin' 'endersuns are gonna make a right profit on the shipments to aus!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:15 pm

just for any sheffielders who may be missing their dose of 'endersuns....
Attached Thumbnails Missing sunny old sheffield???-hendersons-relish-factory.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:19 pm

lol.....just looked in the cupboard and the 3 (!??) bottles i have are 284ml and cost 89p each........flamin' 'endersuns are gonna make a right profit on the shipments to aus!!!!
my rough estimation at 89p for 284ml makes it £3.12 a litre here making a £12.88 difference :scared:
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:23 pm

my rough estimation at 89p for 284ml makes it £3.12 a litre here making a £12.88 difference :scared:

yup!!
what a swizz!!!

god only knows what the p&p is!? didnt dare look any further.......

Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

it will be worth it

dont worry u can get hendersons out here
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:14 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

miss sheffield!!????

No feckn chance......i cant wait to get out of here!
actually, may garden is a bloody mess too....wonder if i get a letter from the council he would come round here? the bloke only did her garden for some free publicity i bet.we are awaiting ours being dug over and a drive put in at the moment...they have just got to the bottom of our road so it should be next winter by the time they get up here

her garden is no worse than some round here (i live the next estate on), so i dunno why the council are making such a fuss. theres a house at the bottom of our road that is so overgrown, the postman has to duck to get through the privet! and there are about 5 burnt out wrecks parked round the house.....
Pathetic aint it
Been here in Oz a little over 6 months now and I don't even think about Sheffield, don't miss it at all.....just a few of the people that are still there.

Marie
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Pathetic aint it
Been here in Oz a little over 6 months now and I don't even think about Sheffield, don't miss it at all.....just a few of the people that are still there.

Marie
Me too just my gran , mum and sister still there - where abouts in sheff you from?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Isn't Tony Capstick dead now? Didn't he live at Swallownest? Wasn't he an alkie?

Sheffield, why did they wait until the last old tram rail had been ripped out to decide to buy new trams?
I feel really bad about Tony now, I just figured he'd be a multimillionaire livin out Baslow, not a dead alkie. I'm such a spawnyeyedparrotfacedwazzock sometimes.
Wonder if anybody's lost any limbs on the new trams yet, my childhood was full of tales of people I'd never met loosing legs etc. Maybe they were just parental warnings to keep me away from the tracks?
Hey, lets start a new thread ~ Lost any limbs lately? ~ hope nobody has though, felt bad enough about Tony nevermind tram amputees.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:34 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Me too just my gran , mum and sister still there - where abouts in sheff you from?

All over When we first moved there it was Wincobank :scared: only lasted 9 months there before my mum moved us over to Woodseats. Then when I left home I went to Southey Green, which really aint as bad as everyone made it out to be. As for work, that was up at Broomhill but occasionally on The Wicker when we were short staffed down there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.