Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Military careers in Oz

Wikiposts

Military careers in Oz

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:07 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice
Default Re: Military careers in Oz

Originally Posted by daunted
When i went off to bed last night i was impressed with how quickly people had offered advice and the links i had asked for. I had told my son someone would be able to help and i wasnt wrong- Thanks

Just a shame that I now, thanks to a certain few comments, cannot print it off for him to read the words of advice and encouragement. Thanks and there was me thinking we were all adults
Mandy
Actually, if you really want to print out this thread whilst avoiding that weirdos input then you can just print a selection of text by adjusting the settings on your print preferences.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Actually, if you really want to print out this thread whilst avoiding that weirdos input then you can just print a selection of text by adjusting the settings on your print preferences.
ok - thanks will have a look at my settings
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

You know that is just the sort of thing I would of expected of an ex para.

The reason i drunk a few pints in the Pegasus was because I did P company and passed. What did you do in the paras...attached with the catering corps?
I think the question would be more appropriately applied to you.
Strange as with a user name like that and the stuff you come out with you don't strike me as the type to pass. And not many people who passed P Company would talk in that vein.

Highly suspect.

As for getting a commission, it's not just uni degrees, or education - the right levels of attitude and maturity are more important - at a relatively early age.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:24 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Strange as with a user name like that and the stuff you come out with you don't strike me as the type to pass. And not many people who passed P Company would talk in that vein.

Highly suspect.

As for getting a commission, it's not just uni degrees, or education - the right levels of attitude and maturity are more important - at a relatively early age.
Mate, give me a break.

If we believe the yarns you twist on here then you would have us believing that you are third in line to the throne the way you go on.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Highly suspect.

presumably no commissioned officers on this thread then
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Highly suspect.

I've never understood the military's obsession with officers having degrees. You can't learn leadership and courage at university and a piece of paper means jackshit in a firefight. I think all officers should serve in the ranks first.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:25 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Now you see that is twice in the one thread where you have verbally abused me for no good reason other than you don't like me.

You really should learn to be more accepting, after all, you are on your second user name on this site after you got banned for abusing people the first time round.

Seems like some things never change.
For the record - I was NEVER banned from this site, my user name was changed through MY choice! A mod will confirm this! Pays to check your information before spouting it off in public!

You know what? I'm through with even listening to you........I do not come on here to abuse people or to get into pathetic arguments, I'm a little too 'grown' up for that these days.

As of now, you are on ignore - bleet away all you like! I can't even see your posts! Have a nice life!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Oct 24th 2007 at 8:00 am.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
For the record - I was NEVER banned from this site, my user name was changed through MY choice! A mod will confirm this! Pays to check your information before spouting it off in public!

You know what? I'm through with even listening to you........I do not come on here to abuse people or to get into pathetic arguments, I'm a little too 'grown' up for that these days.

As of now, you are on ignore - bleet away all you like! I can't even see your posts! Have a nice life!
You know what, putting somebody on ignore on this site is the cyber equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going na na na na na.

I know you are reading this and dying to reply but then that will only be another mouthful of abuse for no good reason and that would go against this new image as a snag you have been carefully cultivating, you dont have me fooled though.

I dont suppose you would want to get banned from this site again especially after posting this when you came back from your last ban.

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Yes, I turned into an opinionated, bad tempered, miserable old git

The only solution, I could see short term was to lose RobnCaz and start afresh! It was that, or spend months trying to regain your belief that I am in fact, a decent guy. So here we are - meet FluffyTheCampfireSlayer!!
Well, the mask is slipping rob, you are not a decent guy.

I look forward to your witty retort.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I am closing this thread as it is getting argumentative.

Mod.