Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

this might be quite topical at 1.30 am?

this might be quite topical at 1.30 am?

Old Jun 12th 2010, 5:33 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default this might be quite topical at 1.30 am?

anyone else suffer with sleep apnia?

anyone had a go with one of those sleep masks?i am quit looking forward to getting mine,and so are my neighbours three doors to the left and right,the mrs and kids and my pals that we go camping with...even if they do put their gay cowboy tent in the next field?

with thanks..

brum
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:35 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: this might be quite topical at 1.30 am?

Sleep masks won't help your apnoea hun....try some decongestant tablets, like the ones you get for hay fever or if you've got a blocked nose.

If it persists, you really need to see a doctor coz you won't be sleeping properly.

But at least you'll be up to watch the games
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brummy

anyone had a go with one of those sleep masks?i am quit looking forward to getting mine,and so are my neighbours three doors to the left and right,the mrs and kids and my pals that we go camping with...even if they do put their gay cowboy tent in the next field?

with thanks..

brum
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5030498_bipap-vs-cpap.html
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing that you have been to a sleep clinic and have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea.

My OH wears one - It takes sometime to get used to but once you do you will feel so much better for it. It is also worth buying the best one you can afford as the cheaper ones tend to be a bit noisy. The one he has now is quite small and compact and easy to transport.

They have said that they can operate on him but that would involve breaking his jaw and making the hole to his throat larger (or something like that). Surgery would be huge and may not work so he sticks with the machine.

If you do have sleep apnoea then it is a must - without the machine the condition can have devastating effects.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

with thanks..

brum
My OH does. But he won't get a mask becuse he's a selfish prick who thinks it would bother him while he sleeps. Never mind the fact that his snoring and gasping for breath keeps me awake. Nooooooooo who gives a shit that I don't sleep?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My OH does. But he won't get a mask becuse he's a selfish prick who thinks it would bother him while he sleeps. Never mind the fact that his snoring and gasping for breath keeps me awake. Nooooooooo who gives a shit that I don't sleep?
dotty,not being over dramatic here,because i am sure you know,,,it can kill him me darling..not to mention waking up more knackered than when he goes to sleep....serious stuff dotty..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

dotty,not being over dramatic here,because i am sure you know,,,it can kill him me darling..not to mention waking up more knackered than when he goes to sleep....serious stuff dotty..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More reason for him to take the help that's on offer then, wouldn't you say?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
or maybee not reading between the lines?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
]

He is playing with fire - The first one my OH had was noisy but I got used to that. However the one he has now is very quiet. In any event I would rather be rocked off to sleep with the sound of air than the OH snoring and struggling for breath.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hebe
]

He is playing with fire - The first one my OH had was noisy but I got used to that. However the one he has now is very quiet. In any event I would rather be rocked off to sleep with the sound of air than the OH snoring and struggling for breath.
you sound like a very nice lady,i wish my wife was as nice...its not nice having a double bed to myself...

mind you perhaps it is?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

you sound like a very nice lady,i wish my wife was as nice...its not nice having a double bed to myself...

mind you perhaps it is?
Nice - moi?

Is your one noisy? do you want me to look at the make and model of my OH's?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 4:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Originally Posted by Hebe
]

I know it and he knows it. He refuses to do anything to improve his health no matter what I say, so all I can do is ensure his life insurance is paid up and remind him that he's being selfish. Unfortunately I think it's going to take his having a heart attack or something before it sinks in.