Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Message from a friend

Wikiposts

Message from a friend

Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:04 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Message from a friend

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Bought tears to me eyes that did!

It's never easy losing someone you love. When my ol' mum died a couple of years ago, I found huge comfort in this little verse which I keep in my wallet to this day:

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone; wear no forced solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effort, without the ghost of a shadow in it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same that it ever was; why should I be out of your mind because I am out of your sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

I have been out of the loop for several weeks due to comp failure i have been in contact through a mutual friend of the lady concerned, just wanted to let her know, that she and her boys have and continue to be in my thoughts (actually both our thoughts) at this tragic time!

And the above words are still stuck to my fridge from when my dad passed away 8 years ago on the 16th Feb, they certainly bring it into some sort of focus!!

Hope they bring you some comfort at this time.

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Feb 7th 2007 at 8:03 am.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by samnsam
There is nothing I can do
to make him come back
There are no words I can say
that can replace his worlds you long to hear
There are no answers I can give
that will satisfy your questions
There is not another soul I can introduce you to that will ever replace his,
And, there is no love I can offer that will ever replace the love you shared
I cannot promise your broken heart will ever be complete
I will not say it could have been worse
I will not deny it was a tragedy
I will not lie and tell you he will come back
He never really left
I do promise he hears you when you speak
I will say he loves you no matter the distance
I will not deny he is in a better place
And, I will not lie, he is waiting to greet you someday
He is every step you take
He is in everything you do
He is the air you breathe
He is every beat of your heart
He is like the wind. You cannot see him, but you will always feel him

God Bless
That was beautiful and I hope the family in question have a little comfort in those beautiful words.

Our thoughts and prayers are still with you in this difficult time and may you get stronger as a family in time to come.

Tracey, John & Ryan xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:59 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

It just goes to show you how precious life is and how much we all take for granted – we all do.
we certainly do
my thoughts have been with you since i heard of this
C
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Our thoughts are with you, take care of yourself and your family.xx
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:58 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I truly admire your strength. Your entire family is incredible.

Still thinking of you with tears in my eyes.

Take care.

B x
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Message from a friend

Firstly I want to thank everyone, I've ummmed and arghhhed over whether to post on here or not, but decided to just to let you all know how we are. Obviously we are all in a state of shock, but we are getting by. I have my family still here and more are going to come out at a later date. Friends have been brilliant and I'm completely overwhelmed by the support I have from the community here in Mandurah.

The funeral is on Monday and I am also planning a memorial service for Paul in the UK. This will be late March - I will be going back for a short time to do this for him and to also let the boys have some much needed time with our families. To be honest I'm not sure what the future holds for us - I'd love to stay and live out the dream that Paul and I wanted so much for us and the boys, but eventually reality will set in and it may be that at some time in the future I will decide to return back to the UK - but these decisions need to be made a few months down the line and not right now.

Once again I want to say a huge thank you to everyone
Take care
Debbie
xxxx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DebraH
Firstly I want to thank everyone, I've ummmed and arghhhed over whether to post on here or not, but decided to just to let you all know how we are. Obviously we are all in a state of shock, but we are getting by. I have my family still here and more are going to come out at a later date. Friends have been brilliant and I'm completely overwhelmed by the support I have from the community here in Mandurah.

The funeral is on Monday and I am also planning a memorial service for Paul in the UK. This will be late March - I will be going back for a short time to do this for him and to also let the boys have some much needed time with our families. To be honest I'm not sure what the future holds for us - I'd love to stay and live out the dream that Paul and I wanted so much for us and the boys, but eventually reality will set in and it may be that at some time in the future I will decide to return back to the UK - but these decisions need to be made a few months down the line and not right now.

Take care
Debbie
xxxx
Hi Debbie

Good to hear from you - thanks for taking the time to let us know how you're doing.

Whatever you choose, I wish you the absolute best of everything, for you and your boys.

x
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Take care
Debbie
xxxx
Good to hear from you. Take care
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:41 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Take care
Debbie
xxxx
Thank you for posting, it can't have been easy. I hope you find the strength to do what you think is best for you and your boys. I wish you all well and our hearts go out to you.

xxx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Take care
Debbie
xxxx
Debbie thank you so much for posting, it's a relief to hear that you have family with you.

Take care

Kath xxx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

heres a wee hug for you pal ((((((HUG))))))

Take care
Debbie
xxxx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie, just found this thread, my goodness, words cannot express, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your boys.
I am so sorry for your loss, please consider you and your boys firmly hugged.
God bless
Stephany
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:13 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Debra

We are all thinking of you so much and would like to say so much to you but most of us wouldn't know where to start.

I hope the next few weeks are manageable.

BB
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts are with you.

Sarah
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:18 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Mine and my families thoughts are with you and your kids right now.

I hope that the strength you are showing continues to support you over the next few months.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Gillian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.