Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mental Health Problems

Mental Health Problems

Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:31 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mental Health Problems

A friend of mine is keen to emigrate however she has a history of mental health problems. She asked me what I though her chances were with her history and I don't know. Thought I would ask you guys as you seem to know everything!
She was sectioned under the mental health Act 2 years ago and stayed in a mental health unit for the best part of a year. She is doing really well now. Will probably be on meds for the rest of her life but is stable and has not had any relaspses for nearly a year. What do you think her chances are of being allowed in?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:10 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental Health Problems

She would certainly need to talk to a professional migration agent on something like this (I would reckon) before even starting the process. Best to know for sure now rather then further down the line when it may "impact" more on her.
Plenty of threads on here regarding treatment for depression etc and applying for a visa but not sure on the sectioning bit.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
A friend of mine is keen to emigrate however she has a history of mental health problems. She asked me what I though her chances were with her history and I don't know. Thought I would ask you guys as you seem to know everything!
She was sectioned under the mental health Act 2 years ago and stayed in a mental health unit for the best part of a year. She is doing really well now. Will probably be on meds for the rest of her life but is stable and has not had any relaspses for nearly a year. What do you think her chances are of being allowed in?
Hi,

I also spent time in a hospital because of depression issues but I went in myself. I asked my agent about it and she said that was fine but I do think being sectioned may be a problem for your friend. Glad to hear she is feeling better. Send her my best wishes and good luck in her application
Helena
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:45 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys i will pass this on