Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Members in QLD/NSW update here please

We are still fine and have power. Went for a drive to Southbank and the City yesterday arvo and had to wind our way back towards town and round through Stones Corner and Greenslopes and up to our house through high ground because our usual route home was flooded through East Brisbane and Coorparoo. Kids and I are going for a walk to check out the neighbourhood shortly.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kim67
We are still fine and have power. Went for a drive to Southbank and the City yesterday arvo and had to wind our way back towards town and round through Stones Corner and Greenslopes and up to our house through high ground because our usual route home was flooded through East Brisbane and Coorparoo. Kids and I are going for a walk to check out the neighbourhood shortly.
glad to hear you still have power. We are good out here. It will be shocking to see the aftermath and so sad about the flashflood victims.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poitin
glad to hear you still have power. We are good out here. It will be shocking to see the aftermath and so sad about the flashflood victims.
Yep - it was blacked out right up to the top end of our suburb last night so we must be on a different grid to the lower end I think. Glad to hear you guys are fine. Had a call this morning seeing if we're still above water for the big 12th birthday tomorrow night so hopefully she'll have a couple of guests now. Take care on the roads love and I hope you have a good supply of wine.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (HTC Desire: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Still alive. No power here until Sunday. Road cut off.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:47 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Wirelessly posted (HTC Desire: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Good, be safe, thinking of you all xo
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good luck - hope you have plenty of beer and ice in the eski.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Any news on scubaemma? Just saw what I thought was her area on the TV?!
Just heard from her, she's OK, for the house. Working silly hours, staying with friends and will check in when she can
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:27 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Like your text...."Might be released on Saturday" ! Bet you didn't expect house arrest when you moved to Qld
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:34 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just heard from her, she's OK, for the house. Working silly hours, staying with friends and will check in when she can
Poor chick, send her my regards xo
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update: The flood water has receded here to a point where trucks can now get through from Brisbane to Gladstone & vice versa. Bells Bridge levels have dropped to a point that the railings are now visible so within the next few hours the engineers will be out to inspect before it's reopened.
I'm sitting here listening to the distant sounds of trucks rumbling along the highway, a sound that will no doubt bring welcome relief for many across the state.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
Quick update: The flood water has receded here to a point where trucks can now get through from Brisbane to Gladstone & vice versa. Bells Bridge levels have dropped to a point that the railings are now visible so within the next few hours the engineers will be out to inspect before it's reopened.
I'm sitting here listening to the distant sounds of trucks rumbling along the highway, a sound that will no doubt bring welcome relief for many across the state.
If its the trucks I'm thinking of, they have a fair amount of food onboard too - I sweated blood and tears doing some of the paperwork on that, talk about red tape
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:03 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

If its the trucks I'm thinking of, they have a fair amount of food onboard too - I sweated blood and tears doing some of the paperwork on that, talk about red tape
It's been a non stop stream of B-Doubles for hours now both North & South. Who knows I may even get post tomorrow or dare I hope a fresh newspaper. Now if you can make the water at Rocklea subside I may even get paid for last month
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:28 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
It's been a non stop stream of B-Doubles for hours now both North & South. Who knows I may even get post tomorrow or dare I hope a fresh newspaper. Now if you can make the water at Rocklea subside I may even get paid for last month
Hmmm that might be trickier, someone has cut the chain off the plug, so I'm trying to prise it out of the plughole with a screwdriver........
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Like your text...."Might be released on Saturday" ! Bet you didn't expect house arrest when you moved to Qld
Road is all drained this morning. Just need a generator now. I wonder if Bunnings will be open.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni

Good, be safe, thinking of you all xo
Thanks Jen. The worst is over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.