Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Metro restrictions

Melbourne Metro restrictions

Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Metro restrictions

Originally Posted by Beoz
"Evolutionary Spirit" ...... bang on.
Don't detect any sense of evolving from the excesses of the eighties. You are aware it was only a film. and in a sense likely mocking those excesses. ( I suppose a little akin to 'The Lucky Country' book title being ironic or indeed Trump thinking the Springstein song 'Born in the USA' as being patriotic) Some obviously took it on board as an example to follow.
The damage that has been inflicted though since that time is considerable. Hence the situation we find ourselves in, in more recent times, with populist politics.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Don't detect any sense of evolving from the excesses of the eighties. You are aware it was only a film. and in a sense likely mocking those excesses. ( I suppose a little akin to 'The Lucky Country' book title being ironic or indeed Trump thinking the Springstein song 'Born in the USA' as being patriotic) Some obviously took it on board as an example to follow.
The damage that has been inflicted though since that time is considerable. Hence the situation we find ourselves in, in more recent times, with populist politics.
I think you miss the point. Due to greed the odd Farrier has been replaced many thousands working in the automotive industry. However if you are still trying to be a farrier in 2020 good luck to you. Obviously it's not working out.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I think you miss the point. Due to greed the odd Farrier has been replaced many thousands working in the automotive industry. However if you are still trying to be a farrier in 2020 good luck to you. Obviously it's not working out.
The point being is that ethics is to often a quaint term with little application in todays world. Greed rules supreme. Most anything goes. Just don't get caught. If do, deny to the end. Obviously some will benefit. But a lot will be losers. A bit of a case of every one for themselves.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Evolutionary Spirit" ...... bang on.
Not quite. Greed corrupts. It destroys lives. It can seriously impact on the state of being human.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite. Greed corrupts. It destroys lives. It can seriously impact on the state of being human.
Most people I have known to chase "more' has not made them any happier.....in fact quite the opposite.....
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

NSW welcomes Victorians from 23 November. Should probably be earlier but at least there is a date.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 8:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe, but someone could be greed and very generous at the same time. Another could be greedy and otherwise be a great person - the great big melting pot of life. Nothing is rarely black or white

Old Gordo had a point
Old Nov 4th 2020, 11:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

NSW welcomes Victorians from 23 November. Should probably be earlier but at least there is a date.
Hopefully SA will open to Vic on that date too because the best route for me to take from NSW to SA requires me to drive through the top NE corner of Vic. If not then I have drive another 650 kms each way.

Edit: Ah wait. There's another way: The 120km long Rufus River Road: Which looks as grim as it sounds.

Further Edit: SA might open its borders to Vic in the coming weeks but if it does, those entering SA from Vic have to do 2 weeks quarantine in SA. Looks like the dirt road it is....

Last edited by paulry; Nov 4th 2020 at 12:28 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
Hopefully SA will open to Vic on that date too because the best route for me to take from NSW to SA requires me to drive through the top NE corner of Vic. If not then I have drive another 650 kms each way.

Edit: Ah wait. There's another way: The 120km long Rufus River Road: Which looks as grim as it sounds.

Further Edit: SA might open its borders to Vic in the coming weeks but if it does, those entering SA from Vic have to do 2 weeks quarantine in SA. Looks like the dirt road it is....

You will need the car detailed when you hit SA.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 9:10 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

You will need the car detailed when you hit SA.
Yeah, I was thinking that too.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 10:15 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

<image removed>
From the SA gov site:

Entry via Victoria

Travellers from Low Community-Transmission Zone states who have not otherwise been in Victoria in the previous 14 days may enter South Australia in a vehicle from New South Wales via Victoria if the person travels through Victoria without leaving the vehicle and only via these approved roads:
  • the Sturt Highway from Mildura to Yamba, or
  • the Calder Highway and Meridian Road between Abbotsford Bridge and the Sturt Highway and then via the Sturt Highway to Yamba.
Does that help at all?

Edit - sorry forgot link - https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restr...l-restrictions
Old Nov 4th 2020, 11:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Stop being a pussy. That road looks absolutely fine - certainly better than many I've driven on. Get yourself a 4wd, if you don't already have one, and you'd eat that 120kms in a hour and a half max
Old Nov 5th 2020, 11:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
From the SA gov site:

Does that help at all?

Edit - sorry forgot link - https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restr...l-restrictions
Yes, it's helpful thanks. I'm not sure I trust travelling through Vic and then being allowed into SA though - even if they say it's okay.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 11:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Stop being a pussy. That road looks absolutely fine - certainly better than many I've driven on. Get yourself a 4wd, if you don't already have one, and you'd eat that 120kms in a hour and a half max
Yeah it looks okay. Will have to watch for paint chips due to passing cars and the car will be filthy after that. I see stretches of it are tarred down the middle.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 11:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Yeah it looks okay. Will have to watch for paint chips due to passing cars and the car will be filthy after that. I see stretches of it are tarred down the middle.
If your 4wd doesn't get paint chipped and scratched and doesn't get dirty, you're not doing it right! Don't be one of those Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra 4wd (or, heaven forbid, SUV) owners who have never taken their vehicles anywhere near a dirt road, because 'ít might get dirty'. Wankers

Looks like an awesome trip. Do it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.