Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Media Overexagration!!

Media Overexagration!!

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of
Default Media Overexagration!!

With todays Cyclone in Nth Queensland being a "Monster" can the media please tone it down a bit on the sensational reporting?
Last night/this morning around 0100 ch10,a breathless female reporting of at "Least 300 dead expected" and the Defence Force will be locating deceased,dead,victims,unfortunates etc.
Please.
Ch 7 this morning just after 0700,live cross to the devasted city,too bad all the camera could find was 1-YES-1 fallen tree,to make Kochie look even more stupid,the reporter "Found"survivors in a house,it was pathetic and cringeworthy on questions asked"How did you survive?" a young female said she slept through it
And Ch10 after midnight reported on--------------
Thorpy is returning to the pool--------More news on this breaking story
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:10 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Media Overexagration!!

id rather they over egg it than under do it and be hurt or worse as i was then underprepared.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Now they are pushing the "LOOTING EVERYWHERE"angle.
As such as Victorias fires with "ALL FIRES STARTED BY ARSONISTS!"
1 person charged-not convicted,how many Looting chargeshave been laid-if any???
Grow up Australian Media,just grow up and report the truth.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

They are just as bad if not worse in the UK and we know it
Its their job to sensationalise things or people wouldn't buy newspapers watch the news etc.............. do you buy news papers^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I know i don't.

My family and friends were in tatters after reporters over there putting the picture of Yasi over the size of Britain so it had been swallowed up and spat out a few times over way to go they thought i was doomed although posts on FB did nothing to rasure them i was still alive, think they thought i must have been on a trip to Oz not Australia to visit Dorothy........

If they reported nothing but flat facts no one would be interested unfortunately that is human nature