Media hype?

Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

WelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really niceWelshRanger is just really nice
Default Media hype?

I’m thinking of returning to Brissie, been away for a few years. Read the Metro today, does anyone think that this headline http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34 is likely to be a problem or is it just the media hyping things up. Heard that there are problems in the property market in Brissie though, so if it is true it might be case of swings and roundabouts, Anybody got any info on the property market in Brissie?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:24 am
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Media hype?

For me ragarding the headline, well its old news to be honest. Anyone living in the UK, would have felt like someone else has there hands in their own purse or wallet almost everyday? The shilling does not go as far?

The kids leaving school this year last year and next year do not have a chance, and they are the future of our great economy. They can go on the new YTS scheme, you know the one where you leave after three years with a certifcate to say you are qualified to flip burgers, oh yes not forgeting the 20 grand of debt you owe the administration after it all?

All we have heard about is this massive tidal wave that is hitting the US for the past 6 months or so, well, from where i am standing, if the same tidal wave gets any where near the UK, we are seriously f000ked, because for me, our sub prime, debt per head, loan to wage ratio, i can go on and on, is far worse than the US.Also they still make things in the US and export them, we in the UK, just inflate bricks and mortar with borrowed money, then borrow more money against them, and inflate more, its a bl00dy miracle, i tell yeh? Its just no one has told the public yet about our great resillient economy is on the brink of repression, but you can bet your last pound, when we are told, it will be too late, all the lifeboats will have been floated, and on there way to safer havens?

Anyone in any doubt, well this is not the norm?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7306058.stm

Last edited by brendarover; Mar 20th 2008 at 11:27 am.