Me and the Barbie

Old Dec 10th 2014, 10:53 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Me and the Barbie

OK, it has come to my notice that a handful of members are really not keen on me posting in this section as I currently don't live in Australia. You can't please all of the people all of the time
The way I see it is I moved to Australia at 18 months of age and have lived there for the majority of my life, over 30 years, longer than most here I suspect. In that time I have had many experiences of life in Australia, not all good by any means but equally not all bad. I have given many people advice over the years and received many thanks for this. I receive PMs and emails asking for information and advice which I willingly give.
I have also made a few enemies who seem to have made it their mission to comment negatively on anything I say whenever possible. That's fine, it's not as though we are ever going to meet so a few cyber stalkers I can live with
I personally see no harm in continuing to post in the Australian section BUT if it is felt it is inappropriate then I will step back, that would be a shame as I generally like my time here and let's face it the Barbie needs all the help it can get at the moment.
To be honest I am not even sure this thread will remain.
I don't see it as any different to an Aussie currently living in the UK continuing to comment on Australia which is something we see on here.
This isn't about sympathy or support, I am merely putting my position out there
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and the Barbie

Originally Posted by chris955
OK, it has come to my notice that a handful of members are really not keen on me posting in this section as I currently don't live in Australia. You can't please all of the people all of the time
The way I see it is I moved to Australia at 18 months of age and have lived there for the majority of my life, over 30 years, longer than most here I suspect. In that time I have had many experiences of life in Australia, not all good by any means but equally not all bad. I have given many people advice over the years and received many thanks for this. I receive PMs and emails asking for information and advice which I willingly give.
I have also made a few enemies who seem to have made it their mission to comment negatively on anything I say whenever possible. That's fine, it's not as though we are ever going to meet so a few cyber stalkers I can live with
I personally see no harm in continuing to post in the Australian section BUT if it is felt it is inappropriate then I will step back, that would be a shame as I generally like my time here and let's face it the Barbie needs all the help it can get at the moment.
I don't see it as any different to an Aussie currently living in the UK continuing to comment on Australia which is something we see on here.
It's an Internet forum. Post wherever you like.

Dissent and discussion are good things.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:11 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
It's an Internet forum. Post wherever you like.

Dissent and discussion are good things.
I happen to agree but the choice may not be mine.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I happen to agree but the choice may not be mine.
I would have been booted out years ago if it were against the rules to post in areas where you don't "live".

I've never found BE admin. to be anything but sensible on the subject. Lots of members contribute in different parts of the forum.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:20 pm
Banned

I would have been booted out years ago if it were against the rules to post in areas where you don't "live".

I've never found BE admin. to be anything but sensible on the subject. Lots of members contribute in different parts of the forum.
I have found that in the past as well. I do think commonsense will prevail though.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Chris I don't live in Australia anymore and I still post in the Barbie. What's it got to do with anyone else where you post? I quite enjoy reading your posts so Personally I'd do it all the more just to p*** them off
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight
Chris I don't live in Australia anymore and I still post in the Barbie. What's it got to do with anyone else where you post? I quite enjoy reading your posts so Personally I'd do it all the more just to p*** them off
Yeah it's weird I know but I get the feeling 'pressure' is being put on admin
Thanks for your kind words.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's weird I know but I get the feeling 'pressure' is being put on admin
Thanks for your kind words.
That's a real shame if that's whats going on.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

'Removes Mods hat'

I don't live in the UK, but I post in MBTTUK.
I posted in the Aus forum before I moved here (rather more positively than I do now )

Personally I think as long as one abides by the rules of the forum as a whole, one can post wherever one likes.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
'Removes Mods hat'

I don't live in the UK, but I post in MBTTUK.
I posted in the Aus forum before I moved here (rather more positively than I do now )

Personally I think as long as one abides by the rules of the forum as a whole, one can post wherever one likes.
Yes exactly as I see it Polly.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 12:54 pm

Yes exactly as I see it Polly.
I'm still not voting for you in the Drop Bear poll though. My vote is already spoken for.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 1:01 pm
Banned

I'm still not voting for you in the Drop Bear poll though. My vote is already spoken for.
Yes there are more deserving candidates.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 1:03 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Me too and I hop skip and jump about all over the place. Not everything that comes out of my mouth is sensible either. Anything written after 10pm should mostly be ignored
Old Dec 10th 2014, 1:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Me too and I hop skip and jump about all over the place. Not everything that comes out of my mouth is sensible either. Anything written after 10pm should mostly be ignored
And its always 10pm somewhere.....
Old Dec 10th 2014, 1:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
This is why I don't understand what is happening with me, not the tossers making complaints about me as I suspect I complain about them as well lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.