Matty Johns

Old May 22nd 2009, 11:11 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Matty Johns

Is it such an emotive subject that no one has any views they'd like to share...?
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matty Johns

Originally Posted by DrWho
Is it such an emotive subject that no one has any views they'd like to share...?
Rugby league is a 'game' (it's not a sport) for meatheads so it's no surprise to see what this prick did for a living.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho
No, it's an old subject and I for one am well and truly over it. He's apologised more times than Tracy poxy Grimshaw has asked him to, it's all in the hands of the governing body. Changes are being made at grassroots levels of the game, everyone knows it's wrong blah blah blah blah blah.

That do you?
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

They are getting a serve now, loss of jobs and team sponsorship what for....

Something he could have gone home for......talentless piece of trash who is recieving what he deserves....
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

His behaviour is nothing new, is it? I seem to remember the Bulldogs getting away with something similar a year or two ago. They have no respect for women, and it seems some of their female supporters have no respect for themselves. That is no excuse to use a teenager like a piece of meat though.

I would never dream of watching Rugby League - it is a boring game played by mainly misogynist men with no necks, who fling themselves in the mud in pursuit of a leather egg, and have the cheek to call it football.

I did try to watch a game once, in an attempt to understand that part of the local culture. I fell asleep in my armchair, after deciding that as for as Rugby of any description is concerned, I'll remain culturally deprived.

I mean, there's been other stuff recently - peeing in public, taking drugs....the list goes on.

Mind you, I had a laugh when a former Rugby Union player, John Hopuato, recently took up boxing. I do remember his disgusting match behaviour in Rugby Union. I won't describe what he did, suffice it to say that it is appropriate that his new sport demands that he wear huge thick gloves.

Last edited by JoanL; May 23rd 2009 at 4:15 am.
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see that there are no sweeping generalisations on this thread!

My youngest son plays rugby league & is having great fun!

Sportsmen & I use the term loosely in relation to MJ, have to take some responsibilty for setting a good example for youngsters who look up to them.
It applies to all sports, not just rugby league. They want the glory, money & status & for that there is a price to pay & that is that they conduct themselves with dignity & integrity. Not too high a price to pay I would have thought!
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoanL
I mean, there's been other stuff recently - peeing in public, taking drugs....the list goes on.
God forbid! Heaven help us if any other humans started copying Rugby League players and doing that!
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

I just wonder how he would feel if it was his daughter, would he agree that she was a willing participant or would he say she was taken advantage of?
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
I just wonder how he would feel if it was his daughter, would he agree that she was a willing participant or would he say she was taken advantage of?
He's apologised, it was seven years ago when such behaviour was rife and "normal" in that society then. He's admitted he was wrong as were the others. He's lost his job and countless endorsements. What needs concentrating on now is making sure all the youngsters coming up through the ranks know how to behave and what is expected of them.
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
He's apologised, it was seven years ago when such behaviour was rife and "normal" in that society then. He's admitted he was wrong as were the others. He's lost his job and countless endorsements. What needs concentrating on now is making sure all the youngsters coming up through the ranks know how to behave and what is expected of them.
Well said MP!
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:27 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

She is a whore though isnt she, and as for the fella's gay and very weak mindssssssssssssss....

I hope is wife goes out and does the dirty on him , and they says oooops sorryyyyy, it was an accident he actually fell on top of me....

If i go on tele and recieve a fee of 1 million bux is all forgiven,,,another media joke for the pointless few with no direction in life.
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

There was a commentary in a paper where someone suggested that we, the public, have created these monstrosities, whatever particular game or sport they play. I'm inclined to agree somewhat..
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:02 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
There was a commentary in a paper where someone suggested that we, the public, have created these monstrosities, whatever particular game or sport they play. I'm inclined to agree somewhat..
I'm interested to hear how some of the responsibilty has been apportioned to the public.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:28 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Rugby League in Oz seems to be populated with too many guys who have a "big man in a small town" mentality. The sport is now in serious trouble with talk of Telstra pulling their sponsorship. If Telstra do walk then I can't see the League getting new sponsors in a hurry. The combination of the recession and the Leagues currently awful reputation would see to that.

Without major sponsors The League will have half a dozen clubs in receivership before next season.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
I'm interested to hear how some of the responsibilty has been apportioned to the public.
The article pointed out the worshipping of football, and the players as idols. (More than one code, as it happens). This means that both women and players end up in situations which ends in tears. The players think they are God's gift and they are beyond the pale - some women want to chase that and put themselves at risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.