Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mask wearing still a huge thing in SE Queensland

Mask wearing still a huge thing in SE Queensland

Old Oct 11th 2021, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mask wearing still a huge thing in SE Queensland

Over the last few days I've been going and about in various shopping malls, Ikea, Bunnings, Costco etc. and virtually every single person is still wearing a face mask and socially distancing. I felt like cheering!

Despite an easing of restrictions, and 6 'donut days' in a row people are still wanting to do the right thing. No one wants to be 'that person' who either spreads or catches this horrible disease.

I think this shows our politicians and health officers have gauged the mood of the people very well indeed. Anna says she trusts Queenslanders to do the right thing, and goodness me - we do!!

Over the weekend we exceeded the 70% first dose milestone and today the first Queenslanders allowed to quarantine at home after being in interstate hotspots will start returning. All of them have to be double vaxxed and have a negative test 72 hours before travelling. They also have to have 2 weeks worth of groceries so I'm guessing Coles and Woolies home deliveries may be running out of time slots soon

Last edited by Brisbannite; Oct 11th 2021 at 4:08 am.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mask wearing still a huge thing in SE Queensland

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
Over the last few days I've been going and about in various shopping malls, Ikea, Bunnings, Costco etc. and virtually every single person is still wearing a face mask and socially distancing. I felt like cheering!

Despite an easing of restrictions, and 6 'donut days' in a row people are still wanting to do the right thing. No one wants to be 'that person' who either spreads or catches this horrible disease.

I think this shows our politicians and health officers have gauged the mood of the people very well indeed. Anna says she trusts Queenslanders to do the right thing, and goodness me - we do!!

Over the weekend we exceeded the 70% first dose milestone and today the first Queenslanders allowed to quarantine at home after being in interstate hotspots will start returning. All of them have to be double vaxxed and have a negative test 72 hours before travelling. They also have to have 2 weeks worth of groceries so I'm guessing Coles and Woolies home deliveries may be running out of time slots soon
Queenslanders still clinging onto zeros wearing masks in a state that apparently has zero covid. You have a long way to go.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

My hunch is that you'll be voting for Scomo in a few weeks .

But seriously, its interesting to compare where SE QLD is with mask wearing today to NSW's Path Out of Lockdown. By 1 December, NSW will be where we are now. That's excellent.

Last edited by Brisbannite; Oct 11th 2021 at 6:05 am.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

My hunch is that you'll be voting for Scomo in a few weeks .

But seriously, its interesting to compare where SE QLD is with mask wearing today to NSW's Path Out of Lockdown. By 1 December, NSW will be where we are now. That's excellent.

The resolution on that is not great for my eyes, does that say 1 per 4sqm in hospitality? I was just in the local and it was wall to wall? I think this is just a lip service guide. Unless the vaccines fail miserably, which is possible when the Pfizer wane kicks in and there's no boosters, I think it's highly unlikely any of these rules will be followed.

PS. You can vote for Albo if you like listening to a leader slurring his words.

Last edited by Beoz; Oct 11th 2021 at 9:01 am.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz
The resolution on that is not great for my eyes, does that say 1 per 4sqm in hospitality? I was just in the local and it was wall to wall? I think this is just a lip service guide. Unless the vaccines fail miserably, which is possible when the Pfizer wane kicks in and there's no boosters, I think it's highly unlikely any of these rules will be followed.

PS. You can vote for Albo if you like listening to a leader slurring his words.
Who is this Pfizer Wane you keep talking about, did he "kick in" at your local this evening . Did you fit in a trip to K Mart too?

But hey I thought you'd know all this anyway, as it *is* your roadmap. You're welcome.

Last edited by Brisbannite; Oct 11th 2021 at 10:25 am.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Who is this Pfizer Wane you keep talking about, did he "kick in" at your local this evening . Did you fit in a trip to K Mart too?

But hey I thought you'd know all this anyway, as it *is* your roadmap. You're welcome.
They made me download a Medicare app and show proof of vaccination. June was my second shot it said. Definitely getting an AZ shot in the next month. The international brands will be given to the developing world.

What is Kmart?
Old Oct 11th 2021, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

They made me download a Medicare app and show proof of vaccination. June was my second shot it said. Definitely getting an AZ shot in the next month. The international brands will be given to the developing world.
What is Kmart?
I'm glad you're getting a booster next month, Az Wane is such a nuisance.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm glad you're getting a booster next month, Az Wane is such a nuisance.
I have only had Pfizer to this point, but will be switching to AZ for the booster because of 2 reasons.

1. It lasts longer
2. It's easy to get.

I have no problem in teaching my immunity what a Covid cell is every 5 or 6 months, however I would prefer to extend that timeframe out a little longer with AZ. The 5-6 months on the Pfizer has crept up way too quickly.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 12:07 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

. It's easy to get.
I'm not for thats the case anymore.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 12:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Are you sure?

Around here you can literally walk into your local chemist and ask for it. A few weeks ago, my neighbour went into a chemist in Kalamunda for a prescription - and walked out 20 minutes later with his prescription and 2ml of AZ in his left arm
Old Oct 12th 2021, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by themerlin
Easy to get here.

However, I think there's going to be a massive push towards the end of the year for the developing world to be vaccinated. What started in China, and mutated via a top quality natural immunity breed in Indians, will go again in the rest of the developing world if the Covid bug is going to survive. Its important to put all available vaccine resources into the developing world right now.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Easy to get here.

However, I think there's going to be a massive push towards the end of the year for the developing world to be vaccinated. What started in China, and mutated via a top quality natural immunity breed in Indians, will go again in the rest of the developing world if the Covid bug is going to survive. Its important to put all available vaccine resources into the developing world right now.
Careful Beoz, people may think you're a bigot at best and a racist at worst.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Careful Beoz, people may think you're a bigot at best and a racist at worst.
You are the religious bigot who has something against Catholics. Not me.

Nice timing bringing that to light as New Zealand rockets past Queensland in the vaccination tally's. How embarrassing.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

It's awesome that New Zealand is doing so well. I'm delighted that they've reached 82% first dose. IMO The real poster child is ACT: 95% first dose

The more states and countries that aim for >90% fully vaccinated, the better. We're not safe until we're all safe.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's awesome that New Zealand is doing so well. I'm delighted that they've reached 82% first dose. IMO The real poster child is ACT: 95% first dose

The more states and countries that aim for >90% fully vaccinated, the better. We're not safe until we're all safe.
The ABC and some parts of the Australian government are calling the ACT at >95% first dose. Others are calling it at 98% first dose.

The largest percentage in Australia is the Hills Shire in Sydney is at 91% fully vaxxed. Dominic Perrottet's Epping electorate includes a large portion of the Hills Shire. Go Dom. Leading the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.