Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Market Research Question...... How much would you pay

Market Research Question...... How much would you pay

Old Aug 31st 2013, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Market Research Question...... How much would you pay

IF you were buying a special present for a very special new baby....

Would you consider a crib quilt?

Would you want to buy one that's ready to be posted out to you ? Or would you want to commission the pattern and Colours? And be prepared to wait a couple of weeks?

Would you like traditional pastels? Or Trendy fashion colours?

Would you prefer a modern design? or traditional?

Any comments welcome!
Old Aug 31st 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Market Research Question...... How much would you pay

All newborns are special-without exception.
Yes would consider a quilt-if for first baby it ought to be exceptional and could then be passed on. Style-that would depend on the parent's wishes (speaking as a Grandmother)
Old Aug 31st 2013, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

PS as a guidline I'd pay up to £100.00 GBP depending on quality and personalisation
Old Aug 31st 2013, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conniewalker View Post
PS as a guidline I'd pay up to £100.00 GBP depending on quality and personalisation
You think offering personalized labels would be a plus.... I always label my quilts... And could custom label them for the buyers.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
You think offering personalized labels would be a plus.... I always label my quilts... And could custom label them for the buyers.
That would be nice-embroidered ones? They could be part of the baby's keepsake collection then.
Do you have any photos of quilts you've previously made?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

You could make a matching huggie/comforter blanket type thing-don't know what you call them there.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not many photos... Usually they fly out the door as soon as they are finished...
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:33 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I don't :;()ing know!
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

yes please Eddie- I would like to commission one right now! would need some thinking about re design ideas though so could we do that by PM ?
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
I don't :;()ing know!
Ask the Missus... Like you do for all the important stuff
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by campervanfan View Post
yes please Eddie- I would like to commission one right now! would need some thinking about re design ideas though so could we do that by PM ?
I'm still at the "idea of doing it" stage, would you be prepared to be a guinea pig for me??? See how hard/easy the process is?

That would certainly help me work out how long it takes.... From order to delivery.... So I don't overcommit myself...

Being a hobby I always "quilt when I can" if I do it one a logical manner... And Measure what is used.... It will give me a really good info...

It will also help me decide whether I go down the bespoke road or stick to selling ones I have made....

PM me .....
Old Sep 1st 2013, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of a changing bag with lots of pockets and a roll out quilted mat -especially if it has the baby's name on it. Easy to find in a hurry if you are all at a "mums and bubs" sort of gathering -no getting mixed up with generic shop ones.

Quilt for the crib is a lovely idea, especially if you can have input into colours/design, but you could have some ready- made ones that you can just attach an embroidered name to. They should be a little cheaper than a "designer" one.

Good luck with it Eddie!

Forgot to add -I like traditional colours and prints, but then I'm old fashioned. Some modern kiddie prints like zoo animals could also be nice, but I guess you have to think about how it will go with choices of decor for nurseries.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Sep 1st 2013 at 5:36 am.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have been speaking to my mate on the FB page and she reckons that I should start off by just making quilts I want to make in my own time....

Another quilting friend has recommended that too... She pointed out how I struggle with making quilts I don't love..and this is an extension of my hobby.. She's very right there... I actually have to like the colours and love the design myself to get maximum enjoyment out of the process.... Nothing worse than working with fabric that you hate... You just don't want to touch it!!!!

Quilters are mad
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:20 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
Ask the Missus... Like you do for all the important stuff
Arrrrrr, tis true, tis true.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I'd special order one. Who minds waiting a few weeks, not like we didn't get months of notice. Hmm. Can't decide re: the trendy and modern vs. traditional thing. I'd have to see samples and choose then.

Paying for shipping is no biggie and the norm for easy/ebay etc.

I did a quick search on etsy for handmade baby quilts and they range from about $50USD to $300+. So, depending on the style, I'd say that $100-$150 isn't unreasonable.

Are you setting up an etsy shop, eddie? Might want to check what's on offer out there already and offer something that others do not. The Aussie customers anyway will probably appreciate not having to spend a fortune on shipping like they would buying something from overseas.

Last edited by Japonica; Sep 2nd 2013 at 1:20 am.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.