Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Man flu v Giving birth!!

Man flu v Giving birth!!

Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all
Default Man flu v Giving birth!!

Since men will never experience giving birth and women will never understand or experience man flu.........which is the worse???? The debate begins.

Your thoughts please (it is only a bit of fun girls!)
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:30 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man flu v Giving birth!!

serious question... what is man flu?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:34 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Man flu is a largely pejorative term that refers to the alleged exaggerated symptoms experienced by men when suffering from flu or a cold.

A web-based survey of readers of Nuts magazine in late 2006 stirred interest in this phenomenon, which was criticized as unscientific and unreliable, and possibly just as prevalent in women.
isn't the internet great for finding out useless bits of info?!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:38 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Its obviously man flu, giving birth is a piece of cake, and man flu can last weeks, where as giving birth is over in a few hours
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:08 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, Man Flu is FAR FAR worse than giving birth!

I have given birth twice (second time without pain relief), and I can tell you that I would rather endure a lifetime of agonizing childbirth than have to deal with my 'poor' hubby when he gets man flu!

Nic
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Man flu has to be the worst. My children weighed 9 & 10 lbs and their births were fairly quick and done with no pain relief other than nitrous oxide. The longest labour only lasted 8 hours - so much quicker than when my poor husband gets sick. He lays about moaning for days on end when he's got a cold.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
OMG, Man Flu is FAR FAR worse than giving birth!

I have given birth twice (second time without pain relief), and I can tell you that I would rather endure a lifetime of agonizing childbirth than have to deal with my 'poor' hubby when he gets man flu!

Nic
seriously NIC i feel for your other half, manflu is bad, i have watched my wife a couple of times push one out, i admit it would sting for a couple of hours but manflu 'different level' it last for upto 6mth & if you get the strain that makes you sigh after you do anything its bad, a few pointers for you ladys on dealing with a victim of manflu, you may talk to the victim but dont prompt a reply he may be having a bad throat day this will anger the victim & bring on sighs. You must make the house quiet no screaming kids, i would suggest taking them out but no e numbers dont want them to wake the victim on your return. After getting kids to bed victim may want a cuddle as they seem to pic up for a couple of hours most days about bed time. Dont go on the internet to see what sites they have been on during recovery, some strains prompt you to watch certian web sites. I hope this helps all the manflu carer's YOU DO A GREAT JOB
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

strangely enough my hubby has just come down with man flu.

Our toddler daughter had it last week, I caught it on the weekend, but my comments of "I feel rough" were dismissed as moaning/over exaggerating.
Today his lordship has it and I will be calling 000 any minute now, as he is barely able to stand.

So man flu is definitely worse- I have a cold to get through, and then cope with a very sick patient , while feeling less than 100pct ...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Child birth is nothing compared to a visit to the toilet the morning after a night of 14 pints of Guinness.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:37 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

manflu and heres the evidence lol

Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:18 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
manflu and heres the evidence lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-sUWtHpJjs
I thought that was my hubby then!!!!!

PMSL

Nic
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:44 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Man flu

why?

child brith can last from anything from a few hours to a couple of days (longer for the really unlucky) and we have painkillers and then get on with it.

Man flu goes on and on and on and on and the whinging goes on and on and on and on.

For those that have already expreinced childbirth, already has at least 1 child - with man flu, you gain another - all because of a few dodgy viruses decided your life isnt hectic or complicated enough.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:50 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Man flu

why?

child brith can last from anything from a few hours to a couple of days (longer for the really unlucky) and we have painkillers and then get on with it.

Man flu goes on and on and on and on and the whinging goes on and on and on and on.

For those that have already expreinced childbirth, already has at least 1 child - with man flu, you gain another - all because of a few dodgy viruses decided your life isnt hectic or complicated enough.

shhhhhhhhh cleo we are humouring them (you know that one where you nod and agree then walk in kitchen and pull a stupid face and call them the c word)
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:59 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
shhhhhhhhh cleo we are humouring them (you know that one where you nod and agree then walk in kitchen and pull a stupid face and call them the c word)
sorry didnt read the thread. but I pull faces and call him the c word anyway - manflu or no manflu.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

As a student midwife i have delivered many babies and also have 2 myself, and i would definitely say man flu was worse

the only thing i would say was worse than the above is a dad to be in the delivery room with man flu

cheryl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.