Mac Deals

Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Mac Deals

No not McD's but Apple Mac desktop computers. I fancy getting back into the Mac fold. My last was a 2001 iMac DV. I like the new iMacs but I also like the Mac Pro. I am in Brisbane so who do you recommend in the city that I could visit for a closer look. Are there any retailers offering any promotions right now?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

The Wests is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mac Deals

Originally Posted by discobay
No not McD's but Apple Mac desktop computers. I fancy getting back into the Mac fold. My last was a 2001 iMac DV. I like the new iMacs but I also like the Mac Pro. I am in Brisbane so who do you recommend in the city that I could visit for a closer look. Are there any retailers offering any promotions right now?
llows yo

Hi,
I am still in Liverpool but die to fly our to Perth in Jan. I use a Mac for my work and just wanted to let you know about a fantastic piece of software called Parallels which allows you to operate a virtual windows machine on your mac. Best of both worlds I was really impressed. No problems with it so far.

I have to leave my mac here as it belongs to work so would be interested to know how much they cost over there as it may be cheaper to buy here.
Good luck!
Andrea
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:49 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

www.infinitesystems.com.au

They are in Brisbane city and will knock off some money on a new mac. I got my 24" imac from there and the shop is not big but has everything and they are real mac nerds who know everything there is to know.

Other than that Myer stock macs but obviously wont move on the price.

I'd go imac rather than the desktop pro. The latest chipsets and graphics card in them makes gaming (even if you sully it and dual boot windows) awesome. All in one sexy new brushed aluminium thin case which costs less than the pro and a seperate monitor.

If in the market for laptops the macbook pro is a stunning machine, my wife has one and although I generally hate laptops its very slick indeed.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
www.infinitesystems.com.au

They are in Brisbane city and will knock off some money on a new mac. I got my 24" imac from there and the shop is not big but has everything and they are real mac nerds who know everything there is to know.

Other than that Myer stock macs but obviously wont move on the price.

I'd go imac rather than the desktop pro. The latest chipsets and graphics card in them makes gaming (even if you sully it and dual boot windows) awesome. All in one sexy new brushed aluminium thin case which costs less than the pro and a seperate monitor.

If in the market for laptops the macbook pro is a stunning machine, my wife has one and although I generally hate laptops its very slick indeed.
nextbyte.com.au also very good

They're at 260 Adelaide St in Brisbane CBD
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Thanks for the suggestions. I will go into the city and look up both infinite systems and next byte. I guess that the online apple store prices should be used as a guideline and anyone offering the same package for less is good.

Yes I am very tempted with the iMacs even before their latest reincarnation. I like the Pro for its dual processors (I hate having to wait). And thanks I do know about Parallels VIrtualisation software and I will definately get it once I've got the hardware.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
Thanks for the suggestions. I will go into the city and look up both infinite systems and next byte. I guess that the online apple store prices should be used as a guideline and anyone offering the same package for less is good.

Yes I am very tempted with the iMacs even before their latest reincarnation. I like the Pro for its dual processors (I hate having to wait). And thanks I do know about Parallels VIrtualisation software and I will definately get it once I've got the hardware.
VMware Fusion also good as an alternative to Parallels
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Well Infinite Systems wouldn't budge on price. They did offer to "give away" an accessory like a mouse. Same story from Next Byte, Myer and David Jones. So, all in all, buying direct from Apple will at least get it delivered to my door. I must admit though I am tending to the new iMac. That keyboard is out of this world!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

melaniepittam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Am also looking at new imac or maybe macbook!!! (can't quite decide which one yet, but after seeing new imac think that will be the one).

Just waiting till October though, when leopard comes out.

Can't wait 'cause PCs do my head in!!!!!

Melanie
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perhaps I can aim to get Parallels thrown in?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Hey, you won't find anywhere doing deals on apple products, they don't need to - they'll sell anyways. As for Parallels, not sure why you'd need this. It's best to leave the pc-mess behind with you and not let it darken your newly acquired mac's door. I have iMac and MacBook - both are suburb. You can actually spend time on this doing fun stuff, rather than messing around sorting problems out, waiting for things to load. Trust me, once you've got one you'll realise you don't need any of the pc apps you've currently got.

As you can see Apple are MY family () and I aim to get meself one of them there jobs when they eventually open a store in Perth. I'll be the one full of myself thinking she's a know-it-all !

spreading the word of Mac as ever........

KAREN
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Only thing is that I have some video conversion and dvd authoring software on my pc which will not work on the Mac. Replacing it would be the last resort hence Parallels.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Your new mac will come with iDVD and iMovie. You use these apps to create your own video (does themes, chapters, menus, editing of video, slides, photos, audio, even end credits! etc) then also burn onto dvd or publish to website etc. with regard the video conversion there's loads of mac ones out there. Handbrake, iSquint. trust me, a lot simplier to use as well. converting my camcorder movies was too complicated to bother with, but now, its a pleasure to play around with them and see which of the templates you can mess around with.

if you want for leopard to come out (mid-oct) you won't need to buy parallels. it will come with 'boot camp' which is the same thing. they've obviously realised a lot of people are put off by leaving windows behind, so you could still stick to these if you want. depends if you can/want to wait. afterall parallels isn't much, but do you want to spend all that money on a new mac then it be out of date in less than a month? then maybe spend £70 upgrading to Leopard?

KAREN
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good points thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
The latest chipsets and graphics card in them makes gaming (even if you sully it and dual boot windows) awesome.
Let's face it, if you didn't 'sully' it with Windows, you wouldn't be doing much gaming at all - unless you still haven't finished Marathon...
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hutch
Let's face it, if you didn't 'sully' it with Windows, you wouldn't be doing much gaming at all - unless you still haven't finished Marathon...
So there you have it kids:

If you want to play games, buy a windows machine

If you want to do anything worthwhile (without having to waste time fending off malware and viruses and doing numerous 'fresh installs') get yourself a Mac.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.